New class: paratroopers

So there should be rework of every Normandy maps because of the paratroopers.
Or not, those will be literally garbage.

1 Like

A lot of questions regarding rework will be answered at the end of april, itā€™s all i can say to you in current time.

I know they will, but the sale is now. Not in end of April.

Atleast someone could answer that oneā€¦

How many squads and premiums a player will be able to bring.

12 Likes

Thank Jebusā€¦been waiting for paratroopers forever. Favourite class in Heroes and Generals. So happy

1 Like

Is the place that shown in the video new map for Normandy?

Many controversial issues are actively discussed by developers. We canā€™t answer such questions without having a final decision.

1 Like

I just had a flashforward (hope to be proven wrong):

• People buy and spam premium paratroopers;
  • Other players start spamming AA guns, eventually preventing paratroopers from even jumping and turning them into free piƱatas;
  • Devs try to save paratrooper class by nerfing AA guns badly;
  • Undisturbed CAS spam ensues;
  • Devs nerf CAS;
  • Camping tanks plague arisesā€¦
  • ā€¦and so an endless nerfing spiral goes onā€¦
22 Likes

Thank you for the answers so far.

12 Likes

Then you should at least warn buyers that the value of these premium squads may vary in a short time.

10 Likes

given how AIs have improved, and how little 4 men para from the skies can do, i hardly think thatā€™s gonna be the case.

iā€™m sure there will be some system of cooldown as well.

Iā€™m not worried in the slightest by the actual impact of paratroopers on the battle;

Iā€™m worried by the possibility of Devs deciding to screw over something that currently works, in order to shoehorn the class in the game even if it proves to fit poorly or marginally.

Edit: in the best case, theyā€™ll be like biker squads, a gimmick or little more.

6 Likes

I just have one question, will this section also be air-droppable? Being had even para

18 Likes

you take that back.

they are actually good.

flank from the side hiding inside some house and what not, and mow down bots and players.

thatā€™s actually fun.

but yeah, i get what you mean.

only time will tell :slight_smile:

1 Like

This raises sĆ³ many questions

Grey zone starts meters from cap point
Spawn plane will Def apear a distance away and can be counter by AA or enemy planes

Whats the point?

I Def want them and to play with them, but, will be like riders on tunisiaā€¦fun and cool to have, most times useless.

8 Likes

Because the progression rework isnā€™t going to happen in this upcoming update.

6 Likes

I donā€™t think players will be spamming AA duns because of paratrooper. A plane plus 4 paratrooper is not worth the time.

1 Like

60$ā€¦ sounds about right for premium squadsā€¦

they will be either OP, or utterly useless. if they can jump into gray zone, they will be OP cause they can deal with enemy tanks and rally points without much risk, and if they cant jump into gray zone they will be situational for flanking (if they survive before drop).

1 Like

Letā€™s just say that current gameplay makes me skeptical.

Paratroopers can drop anywhere, sure.
Except:

• Grey zone. What happens if you miss the playable area? Chances are, you will be teleported to standard spawn, nullifying the surprise factor.
  • Inbound journey. How far will the drop plane spawn? It canā€™t just appear over the battlefield. And during all the way, A) you risk being intercepted and squad-wiped, B) you arenā€™t on the ground fighting.

And rest assured, as soon as red team realizes someone is using paratroopers, AA guns will be popping up like mushrooms after the rain.

TLDR a humble rally point can provide all the benefits of a paratrooper class, with next to no downsides.

6 Likes

Those are just paratrooper unit that used as regular infantry.

Are you saying that it is only available for free with the new progression system that requires daily login?
I prefer the traditional format, which is available as long as you keep playing at any point in time, to the event format. I play the game to relax, and rushing to get 15,000 points every day by 10pm (Japan time) is very inconvenient.
It is so unfair that players who join after the event is over or who leave for an extended period of time will not be able to get the rare squad forever.

11 Likes