New Artillery features

Soldiers! We continue to reveal some of the new features of the upcoming major update. Today we discuss new tactical features for artillery guns.

MOBILE ANTI TANK GUNS

Engineers will soon have the option to construct a new type of artillery, capable of being moved around by the sheer force of a squad. Simply approach a cannon and switch it to mobility mode which will cause its stands to fold - it’ll take some time - and you’ll then be able to move the cannon around freely. A number of your squad’s soldiers will be able to partake in this procedure, and the more that are available to assist, the easier and faster it will be to move the cannon.

You can rotate the gun to change its targeting direction, as well as wheel it around to completely change its position on the battlefield.

SMOKE VEIL BY ARTILLERY STRIKE

Radio operators will soon be able to produce a heavy cover of smoke by calling in a special strike, in a similar way to calling in an artillery strike. After unlocking the appropriate option, players can select between regular and smoke strikes.

If smoke is selected, the operator will have to designate two points on the map, the start and end points of the smoke line. Since the amount of shells for a smoke strike is limited, the longer the line, the less dense the veil will be.

Each shell creates a smoke cloud twice as big as a handheld smoke grenade: about 12 metres in diameter, lasting about 60 seconds.

30 Likes

Hoooooo nice

2 Likes

The new anti tank is another wapons or is the same but able to move?

1 Like

Noice!

I predict 60 seconds of smoke on point over and over again. Not sure how I feel untill we see it live tho.

Will the player that calls said smoke cover, gets any type of xp when enemy or friendly soldiers are close to them?

Let’s hope one of this dev blogs states something about “premium squads will be able to have more soldiers like non premium ones”

7 Likes

Holy shit I fucking love it

3 Likes

Oh… oh… OOH!!!

Ok, now I’m waiting for that like Christmas! Really looking forward to that!

2 Likes

MOVABLE AT GUNS!!!
But new type? Why? Will it be less powerfull for ballance or somehing?

2 Likes

Camon guys another 50m

2 Likes

Maybe, just maybe, the current ones, but, can be moved.

I hope so. It wouldn’t make sense to add another similar building. We will see I guess.
And if not, then I hope it’s not less powerful than normal AT gun as in the normandy even current ones are weak.

if you eliminate the possible, all that remains is the truth, even if it is impossible

It’s really great news. As a tanker It’s very easy for me to spot the poor engineer frantically hammering the air nearby in the hope of building a proper AT gun before I gun him down. They almost never succeed. Now it will bring a very nice tactical play.

And smoke screens? That’s just perfect!

3 Likes

But new type of artylery additionally to the current one or instead of the current one?

Keofox says new so another one

2 Likes

I think both new and current AT cannons should have the ability to be moved (at least to some extend).

Other than that I´m looking forward to these features.

I want this

6 Likes

glass cannon

1 Like

Nicccce

1 Like

Would have preferred this to be for the Anti Tank Squads (Either as a buildable option or deployed as a ‘vehicle’ as such, similar to that of a tank or these new motorbike squads) over another engineer option as some severely lack useful weapons/ equipment at present.
but a welcome addition at least!

Edit: PLEASE TELL ME THEY CAN BE RELOADED THOUGH?

6 Likes

I wonder something.

Will the new buildable mobile AT gun be available to already existing engineers squads, or will it be for a future engineer tier III squad?

Same question for radiomen smokescreen.

4 Likes