New Artillery features

This is actually perfect. I hope Engineers get a good amount of EXP for using this as it WILL help their team.

Those are excellent news Keofox. After asking for smoke barrages since CBT we are finally getting some. Is there a chance for Nebelwerfers and Katyushas, like it was also suggested many times?
Great job and keep it up.

1 Like

Any chance of the standard artillery barrages to use the smoke barrage ā€œparametersā€ feature? I like this a lot better than the ā€œbig red circleā€ approach.

1 Like

so there is a light at the end of the tunell :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow - smoke will be a massive advantage for attacking teams - as it was IRL of course when used wellā€¦ but it looks like itā€™s just going to be a simple tool for attackers.

I donā€™t think this Arcady game will benefit from it unless thereā€™s something else going on you havenā€™t told us.

3 Likes

Is the movable anti-tank gun the same as the existing anti-tank gun? In addition, can smoke bombardment and ordinary bombardment exist at the same time? Or is it that when one of them is summoned, the other cannot be summoned?

okay, so will smoke veil be exclusive for radio operator squad or any radio operator?

The way itā€™s written the moveable AT gun is an additional feature for the current AT gun modelsā€¦ at least thatā€™s my take on it.

The smoke-screen addition was really nice. It was something that was suggested a few times in the forums and, again, it canā€™t be understated how great it is to have a developing team who listen to players, unlike so many other companies out there.

And, while it is great to see artillery being further worked on, something crucial is still missing. After artillery was limited to 1 strike per moment, the red-dot pre-warning (which starts 25 secs before the barrage) makes sure the 1 strike allowed becomes quite innefective. Not only that, but it keeps in game a completely unrealistic mechanic (enemies being informed via telepathy of the exact location of the strike). Such a thing could be tolerated when teams could have up to 10 strikes at any moment, to ensure people didnā€™t get completely slaughtered by the multiple strikes, but it absolutely needs to be removed or reworked after the artillery limitations.

I made a video explaining this (https://youtu.be/TIJ_riLD7Oc) & quite a few topics here as this is probably the only thing that pisses me off in this game, of which I like nearly everything about. It would be great to see the unrealistic and unbalanced pre-warning situation fixed or adressed.

A question, though, is: will the smoke-screen be available to all squads or just to dedicated radio operator ones? The radio operator squad kind of needs some buffs after the artillery limitation. Maybe giving them different types of unique strikes like rocket artillery, creeping barrages or just a bigger and more powerful strike proper to them. Or at least make it a 6-man squad like mortars, because 5 people are too underpowered. IMO dedicated radio operator squads should be able to fire a second artillery strike, other than that of the team, with the own cooldown, the reasoing being that radio operator squads would have dedicated artillery/cannons to support them.

Thanks for all the improvements to this great game!

Ah, now this is just splendid!

Awesome news!!!

ā€œNebelwand steht! Sprung auf, Marsch, Marsch!ā€

I hope it doesnā€™t take a lot of time to build the new artillery or else who uses it while you donā€™t build it someone has already killed you 10 times (mg nest)

1 Like

Enlisted 1 fps speedrun [Smoke artillery run] - 0:43

3 Likes

I kind of feel like smoke will be very OP for the attacking team. Canā€™t think of any real benefit for the defender other than covering fallback to the next cap point ā€¦

Great news,more good features. I learned early on to equip my squads with smoke grenades.

Does anyone know how to move guns yet? There is a driver slot on AT guns but canā€™t seem to move it? Is there a minimum size squad?

@Keofox sorry, but is this fully implemented now or in an update in the future?

I donā€™t see anything about moving AT guns in the patchnotes for the Tunesia launch. So it will most likely be implemented with the rest of new features with upcoming major update.

1 Like

How to move the cannon?
I cant move it, there is a seat slot but when i switch to seat 2 i only look around.

I did test it with 4 engineers with no result, the gun is fixed in the spot it set up.
Is it not yet implemented or is it a bug?

There is also no video on YouTube to help me out or explain the matter.
So any one know whats wrong?

that.

Sorry any news on this moving artillery function?

Had this got pushed back? @1942786