Napalm: Needs Buff

It wouldn’t be OP if you were in a building or not in the radius (it is easier as the Japs since the American Drop tank is a long line with short width). Japanese drop tanks have the same radius as the 100-200 lb-pound regular bomb. American one is a straight line, so it should not be hard to avoid.

1 Like

Yea even tho I don’t know anything about aircraft I do know that those are fuel tank and aren’t bomb

Anyway the most I ever got with it was 2 kill surprisingly

Obviously lol

Look familiar?

@Stein_Grenadier @noktinnky_noktin

1 Like

That is my point; they are not OP unless the necessary precautions are taken.

1 Like

Ok, I didn’t know that napalm bombs were also called tanks. Confusing.

Bomb- an explosive device fused to detonate under specified conditions Bomb Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

1 Like

I could swear the ones we have in game are fuel tanks. I doubble checked and I was right.

It’s beyond me why they called it a fuel tank instead of napalm bomb. It doesn’t even require any changes in the code, just the name.

Are you not comprehending that belly fuel tanks were used for incendiary bombs lol?

Are you reading?

I don’t comprehend that devs called them “FUEL tanks” instead of “napalm bomb/tank” . The name implies the function.

Yes
And all I see is tank, not fuel tank. It’s a big difference.

FUEL TANKS WERE USED FOR INCENDIARY BOMBS; READ THE DOCUMENTS

1 Like

None of those documents call them fuel tanks, just tanks (or bombs).
They are repurposed fuel tanks but they are no longer fuel tanks.

A jerry can fulled with explosives is no longer a jerry can, it’s a bomb.
Vodka with a fuze attached is no longer a vodka, it’s a molotov.
A fuel tank with a fuze is no longer a fuel tank, it’s a bomb based on a fuel tank.

It was the addition of a fuselage tank behind the cockpit halfway through production of the P-51B. This additional internal tank increased fuel capacity by 85 gallons: original P-51Bs only had 184 gallons in the wings. The addition increased total fuel to 269 gallons or some 30%. Further adding two 75 gal drop tanks you reached 419 gallons. The later D&H models carried 110 gal drop tanks for 489 gallons.

Here’s the real secret behind P-51B/C/D Mustang’s range - The Aviation Geek Club

I don’t see the explodes with napalm part.

Do you know how a bomb works?

Yes. And I know how fuel tanks work. And they work completelly differently.

So using those names interchangeably is wrong, even if one’s design is based on the other.

If I take a fuel tank, add a fuze and replace the fuel with napalm (that can’t be used as fuel) then it doesn’t serve the role of a fuel tank any more, it’s a bomb.

Reminding me of RS2’s napalm

I’m not a war maniac, but I have to admit that napalm in RS2 is really cool.

1 Like

Stop.

IF you read the document, you would understand that they converted them. That is why they go through the fuzing setup and call it “modified”.