Napalm: Needs Buff

The drop tanks are pretty weak. Why don’t we make it one shot upon impact since people inside the radius are engulfed in napalm (not only does it set the victim ablaze, but it burns up all the oxygen when it explodes)? It can be DOT after someone not in the impact zone runs into it.

No, let’s just pretend fuel tank bombs has never happened. That would be for the best.

6 Likes

We don’t have napalm bombs, we have fuel drop tanks. And they are already too strong as they shouldn’t work like this at all.

3 Likes

Fixed

Prove it

Show me some of your 20-killstreak drop tank runs, and I’ll believe you

How should they work?

1 Like

1 Like

Because they’re pure bizarre. And they’re definitely do not improving gameplay in any way.

1 Like

The drop tanks are very weak.
Nearly useless.
Best chance of a kill is drop it on somebody’s head for an instant kill.
After that, the fire doesnt do much damage.
I have seen countless hitmarkers, soldiers burning, without it resulting in any kills.
I have dropped donzens of drop tanks and the best score I ever got was multikill ̶6̶ / edit: 8.
Nothing else came close, maybe 1 or 2 kills if I’m lucky.
So now I just drop them for fun and show.

4 Likes

That is why I came here asking for the Napalm to be unbizzare and powerful to improve gameplay.

2 Likes

I don’t know how OP AOE that require no skill whatsoever will improve gameplay.

They should drop like a rock and not explode.

That’s why I wrote they are “too strong”, because they should be almost harmless (unless you manage to get a direct hit and crush the unfortunate bastard).

Do you realize it takes a certain amount of skill to maximize the strategic line of death? I know because I play with it, and I am constantly messing up the correct release time, causing my line to be over-extended or underextended. Let’s see some of your napalm drops and see how much skill it requires.

1 Like

Now when I think about it, how about this:
When you drop a tank, it doesn’t explode but spills fuel around. This fuel can be then lit up by plane firing at it. This way it may be powerfull but requires 2 passes to use.
Though infantry may have a lot of time to evac from the area where the fuel is. I guess I overthink it.

Because currently its flames are artificially nerfed. They do basically nothing.

But with your suggestion implemented, it would be just free kill farm that would require no skill whatsoever.

What is this drop tank doing then?

1 Like

very funny :smile:

You mean like Riders?

2 Likes

I am asking for the flames in the explosion to kill instantaneously, not the flames on the ground to kill instantaneously.

Is this not possible?

1 Like

I know.

But it would be just so OP. There would be no other bomb with similar blast radius.

It’s an extra fuel tank to increase the operational range of an aircraft. It has an option to be dropped to not hinder the performance of the plane in a fight.

The video you’ve sent clearly has “bombs” in the title, not fuel tanks.

I have no F-ing clue why devs decided to add this instead of a normal incendiary bomb and now they don’t want to take the responsibility. But hey, I’m not a chad megamind like they are and I’m clearly wong as always.

2 Likes

Not how they work.

Also, Napalm =/= Fuel drop tanks

In the first place, you dump a full tank of fuel from the sky, it’s going to just splatter without exploding without an ignition source. And that’s not even accounting for the fuel-air mixture to ensure there are even enough vapors to ignite the fuel in the first place.

At this point, I’d rather that they just give the fuel drop planes regular bombs of the same weight and be done with it.

1 Like