Mods Digest: 10,000 feet above the ground

We continue to review the most interesting missions from our talented creators in Enlisted mods!

Thanks to the mod editor in the Burning Sky update, Enlisted has become an infinitely expandable game, and now you can create a unique mission or even a new location yourself, using thousands of environment objects from all of the game’s campaigns.

BATTLE IN THE CLOUDS BY BAZSI37

The author of this mission seems to have taken the idea of “changing the atmosphere” quite literally. It’s a beautiful farm with pretty green grass and neat fields of pumpkins and corn… floating three thousand feet above the ground!

It is in this highly rarefied atmosphere that you will be able to enjoy the original map with the islands floating in the sky. The author not only created celestial battlefields, but also added the mechanics of “lunar gravity”, with which your jumps will last for tens of meters. And you’ll have to jump a lot - at least for the sake of capturing control points.

The map is great for Lone Fighters mode, and the more such loners fly between islands, the merrier!

THE MISSION ON THE PORTAL

ARENA BY KUCHO01

A perfect example of how even a small mission can be quite successful. This is the Arena. It is literally. Just a little piece of a few ruined buildings with a central point and a very well-organized design.

Map for those who are tired of playing tactician and just want to get covered in enemy’s blood from head to toe. At your disposal are several advantageous hidden positions, floors of half-destroyed buildings and, of course, a central square with a point, where most of the death rattles will sound.

CATACOMBS BY SCHYRIKAMI

In the depths of these catacombs, harrowing screams can be heard here and there… mostly screams from players who haven’t been able to find their way out for half an hour. And it’s hilarious!

An extended complex of tunnels in Invasion mode. Close and long range combat, dead ends and corners - and no signposts. In this mission, the gameplay will be created by the participants themselves, and the more of you there are, the better the chance that you’ll finally find (dammit!) the way to the capture point.

Get support from engineers with mobile respawn points and don’t run into a minotaur.

LAUNCH THE MISSIONS

Every one of you can create your own mission, as well as launch any mission from the portal. Here’s a quick reminder how to launch one of these multiplayer missions.

1. Choose a mission you like on the Enlisted sandbox portal and press COPY URL on its page.
  2. In the game, open mode selection (above the START button) and choose “Custom matches”.
  3. Press “Create Game” → “Mods” and paste the URL you’ve previously copied.

Now you only need to customize the options, and you’re good to go — your server is in the list. Tell your friends to come, wait for other players to join or play by yourself.

6 Likes

No exp = no motivation to play mods

12 Likes

Pretty much summed up why i dont play mods.

3 Likes

No operation this year for summer @1942786

1 Like

If only i could at least start a mod mission on console somehow even if i cant make them.

1 Like

When I spent many weeks making mod, but it didn’t get attention, there was no benefit, and it was difficult to advance technically (the official didn’t solve the problems raised by modders… And didn’t update the editor)… This made me sad. I think my mods are very interesting, just like many mods I’ve seen, but they don’t get official attention(both mine and others’). Because they have no revenue, players rarely play with them.
Each of us makes mod because we love this game. Therefore, please (developers) provide us with some convenience and more help for our modders :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I like the people who make massive maps. If i am not mistaken you made a big Berlin game mode.

There was another person who made a moscow one.

I would gladly play these, but there is no point for me to play alone. There need to be events, that use community mods for like a few days. To get some popularity. If some historically accurate maps, or gamemodes are loved by the community like you big Berlin gamemode they should make it in the game

1 Like

He’s my friend, and we have a 20 people team to discuss the mod editor.(Most of us are puzzled :cold_face:) Unfortunately, however, we seem unable to move forward. Without new functions, creativity cannot be realized…

I don’t care about XP, I just want to launch the WW1 mod and play it with real people, but without any info about the mod lobby, people simply don’t join, and I stay there with “1/20” forever.

@1942786 mods description in server browser pls

2 Likes

Yes. Need to display the overview and download address on the customized page, otherwise, people just play, and then leave - they don’t know what this mod is at all

We understand. Let’s come up with a solution.

1 Like

I propose have the same xp earnings as normal matches but with a limit, for example 20 000 xp or 30 000 or what ever.

So players don’t abuse it.

This is not a quick process, but we read your comments and try to help.

Can you make a list of problems and write them here? I’ll pass.

1 Like

No way to make roads on the map
No way to start a map from the 0
No way to do a plain ground to build a city with current terrain tools.

Thats my only complains.

1 Like

In the near future, it will be possible to see which mod is running in the room. A more visible section with mods will appear right in the game interface.

And we continue to read your wishes.

3 Likes

Nice!

Always impressed by the imagination and talent of ppl.

Reminds me the good old days of modded call of duty l & 2 (original), half life and counter strike silliness.

Allowing modded maps is certainly a fantastic move from DF.

2 Likes

I know it’s to prevent exp farming, you can either 1. make a whitelist or 2. intergrate some of them (like that Normandy beach map and that berlin bunker) into official maps

1 Like

About mod: allow templates and PVE, allow the setting of AI vehicles, and the route of AI vehicles (I want to create some bomber formations as the background), allow the change of navmesh (AI often gets stuck), allow the repeated generation of effects (let an effect repeat in one place! You can simulate the anti-aircraft gun barrage.
Also, I found that too many effects in the map will not be displayed. Please repair), Cancel the map size limit (at least, increase it to 5MB), and I found that too large files will cause errors.
illumination! It needs to be improved. Now we can basically only use the “spot_light” entity, which is very unstable, sometimes disappears, and the effect is not real.
Add some vehicles and artillery in the editor (such as isu152, tiger II h, 88 flak, 120mm howitzer, etc., which can be controlled by the team preferably! Is it difficult to migrate from war thunder?)
There are also ladders. Now we can’t place climbing ladders.
That’s basically it. Thank you, Keo!

More details there:

Would it be a good idea to add building destruction animation? - English speaking section / Suggestions - Enlisted

Pls,keo :wink: THANKS!!! :laughing:

You can check mod and give the appropriate experience provision ratio (25% squads combat, I will be satisfied)

Regarding mods (and custom games in general): let us choose maps from various campaigns (e.g. first Belo Lake, then D Day, etc.) but only with corresponding factions (i.e. first its USSR vs Germany, then it’s USA vs Germany, not mixed).

1 Like

Hi, KeoFox. Can I ask for building destruction in the game? Thanks - Enlisted