Modern conflict event

This is bait. They are going to add MW stuff/ campaign.

Otherwise… what are we supossed to test here?

2 Likes

This event is really cool but why can the modern soldiers run so much faster than their ancestors from WW2?

For all we know it might just a stunt to get the attention of BF fans. Just like vanguard bundle when COD vanguard got released.

I’m down with it. If it mean getting more player.

1 Like

tbh,
if it slower than this, i’m not sure i’ll reach the CP before getting blasted because the ttk is so fast.

Yeah, I think they made it faster because if the soldiers were slower the carnage would massive. These modern weapons systems are so much more deadly/faster and accurate than the WW2 systems that you wouldn’t be able to move otherwise …

This is why modern armies depend much more on things like body armor/smoke/ artillery/suppression/fire and maneuver.

In reality we really have nothing to compare this to. There has not been a modern day conflict that pits two first world modern armies against one another.

I suspect if that ever happens the death toll/casualty rate would be staggering …

1 Like

I find this mode very well done and very enjoyable. I hope we can play on this kind of fashion in the future.

1 Like

[quote=“70458067, post:133, topic:29963, full:true”]

WOW, that’s quite scary to think about.

But how come then, we see a relatively normal death toll in Syria, despite this sort of modern weaponry being used?

It’s not bad but it does not fit into Enlisted ww2 style. Everything is so fast, even tanks reversing back like a jet plane flies (it is totally unrealistic). I can imagine this gamestyle as a separate game not in enlisted.

1 Like

Again it’s not just the weaponry but it’s the training in knowing how to use it. The Syrian conflict is more a Civil war than anything else not exactly two first world professionally trained armies committing themselves fully to all out conventional warfare …

And i would also say that there is probably not very accurate data on how many fatalities have come out of that Syrian conflict.

I thought that too but I doubt that the devs are so naive. I dont think the vast majority of those people would stay (especially since the Event looks rather unfinished).

ok, i think i played quite enough to give my opinion and my final feedback about it.

i’ll start by saying that it’s a 7 out of 10.

of course, i’m well aware that this event was made for fun, and hasn’t really been designed for enlisted. ( so i have been told and saw from few answers ) and i’m well aware of stuff that isn’t working as intended or not very polished.

the reason why for me it’s only 7 and not above, is because for how much good it felt, i didn’t liked a few settings.

this gamemode it’s alot of fun. despite what the others say, i really liked it.
the AUG and the AK 103 has been my favorite weapons. all the others weapons, felt really good. ttk was somewhat on point, and tunisia was fun to play with those new toys.
i still don’t know how modern tanks works, but, they look cool as well.

the rewards were somewhat fine.

but i didn’t liked the squad compositions of a few squads a few weapons, and settings.
i’ll explain a bit better. some troopers have the super speed perk with twice the stamina bar. and it was so goddamn fast that it was barely understandable. making it pretty much like cod… both sides have majority of the same weapon, the barett being an m1 garand on steroid, the lack of svd, and weird weapons composition. ( like, troopers get the ak and m4s whether the UMP was given to assaulters and felt somewhat weak ) and they almost wear the same uniform. which sometimes leaded
for having hard time to recognize friendlies from foes.

( yes, i know that a few are technically minor details )

for the rest, i had alot of fun, and… i think that made me wish for more of it.

like, it’s somewhat a solid experience, but due to the fast phase and few perks, it made it like cod and somewhat makes me not wanting to play it for more than 4 matches.

but, interesting nonetheless.

Bad event, developers your priorities are wrong, giving everyone assault rifles and having modern tanks is not what the game is designed for, and this game wont compare to games like Squad which do it far better. I sincerely hope the developers do not follow in the foot steps of War Thunder and try to market to a modern crowd because this game is not designed for modern warfare and will fail at competing with the other modern combined arm shooters. It is a waste of time and will hinder the progress on the current WW2 campaigns which is what Enlisted is strongest and most unique in.

2 Likes

You can look at Armenia and Azerbaijan’s 2020 conflict where suicide drones and Turkish drones are used to devastating effect against modern Russian weapon systems such as the Strella AA

I agree.

This is amazing. Wait to see war thunder and enlisted together. Add commander, build a brand new battlefield. Like war, not like COD.

Oh GOD NO!!!

WarThunder was cool as a WWII game till you started added in modern crap…

1 Like

Just wanted to say it’s wonderful change of pace. don’t think it would hurt anyone if you pin this as permanent avalability. no progression just a regular event. or just a day in a week. it’s a blast and frankly there is something appealing about it and the distinction between this and ww2 makes me love different aspects of this game. well done. Custom battle option for this please? :smiley:

I see corelation beteen the yeet hovercraft and m1a1 zooming across tunisia

Whether you like to play on WWII confilts, I can understand that. But how does diversifying conflicts over time bother you if you can still play on World War II conflicts? War thunder for example evolved on more recent vehicles, but that does not prevent you from day on the time which you like? Especially since the developers are releasing vehicles from all eras. Personally, I like to play in all eras, that changes over time. And to have played Squad, well I find that it is not less good in the without where Squad is less accessible: difficulty to enter a desired server in your original language.

I LOVE THIS GAME MODE,Please come up with a chapter on modern warfare in the future

1 Like