Modern conflict event

Yeah modern tanks are very fast. M1 abrams can go about 45 mph

1 Like

going to a modern war campaign later on will certainly mean that maps will need to get bigger.

Modern tanker looking at a hill that could make a potentially cool jump
“Pavel, hold my vodka (and don’t drink it all this time)”

Modern tanks are capable of rolling fast enough to jump and they even have stabilizers that allows them to shoot almost at the same time with semi decent accuracy. War is scary, eh :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

2 Likes

Looks very promising i ’ m gonna try to change WW2 settings to modern at least for second :slight_smile:
I really need a break from my Berlin WW2 battles :smiley:
EDIT:
Also Mr. Keofox i have one suggestion about XP from this Modern event. What about split XP reward betwen our 8 factions, will it be possible ?

Sometimes, just sometines they are the same thing though.
Look at Iceberg and Endless Space. It was a really different take on 4X that no one really had done IMO before and it made them a lot of $$$.

1 Like
  1. The sniper rifle is incredible OP. One shot to kill but still lacks penetration on Tunisia
  2. soldier movement is too fast, to a point of being just janky
  3. besides sniper rifle, other weapons lack recoil
  4. the sound and recoil of AK feels like an air soft gun
  5. tanks are too fast for these maps, but because of their incredible speed they don’t get stuck on tranches
  6. lack of AT weapons
  7. soldier models look too similar between enemies and friendlies. I think silhouettes are the same.
2 Likes

Eh… can´t say it doesn´t sound interesting… but at the same time it is kind of suspicious.
We all know quite well that the Snail or anything related to it is not making these events “just for fun.” That is simply not a thing and many years of playing WT confirms that for me.

So either you are planning to go beyond WW2 (which would be a mistake imho… we can´t even populate what we have yet), or trying to take advantage of BF 2042 failure (but these people are not going to stay beyond modern battle event anyway tho).
Or (since I haven´t played it yet) there might be some gameplay features that might appear in future and you just want to test them out (which is what I honestly hope is that reason).

I might be on Stalin level of paranoia, but who knows…

6 Likes

Can you let us look at the attributes of soldiers and weapons in the event? I’m very curious how the American rifle squad can move so fast :smiley:

man that event is amazing like realy cool at my opinion some dau after being added japan it will be nice have a campaing of modernwar like in syria

Can you tell me why the US rifle squad moves so fast? :smiley:

This is fking awesome!

:astonished:

Seems questionable, but i ll give it a try to see how it works with modern equipment

“War is hell, freedom isn’t free, I am in a taaank”- soldier from team defense fort 2

1 Like

But to be fair I’d like to avoid fighting in a real battle. With my luck I’ll get killed in the first day, in the worst way possible.

PLEASE keep this modern mod the physic of your game is very interesting and for a modern war game it would be so great!! sorry i’m french don’t speak well :wink:

Really cool to add the modern warfare too but where are jets and other planes ? :laughing:

Translator is a strange thing, to translate a bear as a beauty… Well, basically a bear is a beauty.

The Abrams is great fun to drive. OP as hell though!

I don t like it i hope enlisted stay ww2 only i don t want another war thunder. I stoped playing war thunder when it begun to change from ww2 to modern

5 Likes