[MOD] SOUNDS OF WAR - a comprehensive sound overhaul (beta release)

I am now working on replacing every single pistol sound, then I will move onto anti-tank weapons

I will then work on finishing up the machine gun sounds, adding the sten gun for example, then it should be complete

however, i am interested in taking the mod even further with the addition of new explosion sounds, gun ricochet sounds, more intense bullet impacts, etc

actually, you guys can have the pistol sounds early, click here for the download.

This does not have any other sound files, please install this ALONG WITH the main mod. The next update will merge these files.

1 Like

my god im need the type 14 pistol sound in my m1 carbine , its perfect

1 Like

Most of the sounds are great, like damn lol. I just think the Johnson Rifle / LMG sound could be a little more intimidating though, kinda weak sounding as is

thanks, i will give it another look

1 Like

Preview for Thompson and Sten sounds.

I am a little dissatisfied with the Sten sounds, what do you think?

1 Like

Anyway, here’s a hefty update, I hope you all enjoy.

This version includes pistols, explosion sounds, and anti-tank weaponry. The mod is nearly fully complete.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.0

FIXES:
Fixed silent M1903 Springfield

CHANGES:
Luger and JP Hamada pistols have a new sound
Johnson rifle and Johnson LMG were changed to sound beefier
FG42 now uses the same sound as the FG42 II - same gun pretty much

ADDITIONS:
ZB-26
PZB rifles
PTRS and PTRD
PTR Shokolov
Type 97 anti tank rifle
PIAT
Panzerfaust 60 and 100
Panzershreck
M1 and M9 bazooka
Type 4 and Type 5 bazooka
Entire Thompson SMG family
Sten gun family

New explosion sounds for grenades, rockets, landmines, and more.
Tank death explosion sounds are now intense

If you dislike the explosion sounds, remove cmn_fx_impact.assets.bank from your mod folder

6 Likes

Do you plan to change sounds for PPS 42/43 and Lanchester? Playing mainly BR II and they are everywhere.
Really loving your work here, DOI MG-34 brings back memories and new PPSH is such a pure joy.

yep, i plan on covering those plus the rest of the soviet LMGs

1 Like

The new Johnson Rifle and LMG sounds are great!

the new explosion sounds seem to cause issues if too many occur at once

if you experience audio glitches, remove the cmn_fx_impact.assets.bank from your mod folder

What type of audio glitches should we watch out for? I really like the new explosion sounds. So far all I’ve noticed is that the tinnitus sound is gone and gunshots are silent when that sound is supposed to play.

The tinnitus sound is gone because that is a feature! I removed the ear ringing because I have tinnitus IRL and the ingame ringing causes me real discomfort

The silent gunshots are the audio issue. My current theory is that the new grenade explosion sound is longer than default, it causes too many sounds to play and overlap at once, causing gunshots to go silent

I believe Bigote found a solution to this so I will continue testing this for the final mod release

1 Like

Any plans on doing the MG-42 / 34?

Hey, what program do you use to access the bank audio files? I want to swap menu music with the battlefield 1942 soundtracks.

the mg34 is already changed, and in the original post, I stated the MG42 is too difficult to get to sound right

fmod bank tools

Yet bigote achieved to do it right. :PP

1 Like

yes, I am aware, I said it was difficult, not impossible

MG42 has a start firing sound and then a loop sound, the loop sound is pitched differently so it would involve editing the sound files, rebuilding the bank, opening the launcher, loading the game, loading into the practice range, and then finally testing it, then making small adjustments over and over again until it is seamless

1 Like

Do you plan to try it at some point, or are you not in the mood for it anytime soon?