Medic TLC

Medics are in a very complicated place in this game. On one hand they are a staple of most shooters, on the other they’re rarely ever used. I typically only see them at early BRs because they’re basically just a discount Assaulter. I think there are ways for Medics to be revitalized and have a better place in battle dynamics

First, Medics should be added to most Squad types as an optional upgrade alongside the other class types. The point of Squad upgrades is to give options of what other classes to add to our particular squads that gives the squads more dynamics and capabilities. It goes without saying how useful an actual designated Medic is keeping your squad alive. Adding Medics to squads would also increase their presence on the battlefield

Next, about Medics’ weapons……During the war most of the factions’ Medics were issued their standard rifles or carbines and pistols. The only country that armed their Medics with SMGs (at least marginally) was the Soviets.

The whole point of their being different classes is that each has its designated roles. Most classes are basically special riflemen because they may carry rifles but they have a specific utility, ex AT, Radio, Mortar, Flame, etc. The whole point of the Assaulter class is that they are the only ones who should have assault weapons, SMGs and Assault rifles. We can’t just give every single soldier and class SMGs or AR. Otherwise as I said Medics are being used as discount Assaulters with a healing ability when they should be used as an actual support unit. Medics should no longer have SMGs and can only use rifle class weaponry.

Third, Medic AI should be refined so that they actually do their jobs. There have been various times where my soldier is near death and I see a teammate’s Medic standing literally right next to me and they do nothing. The actual human player may negate his Medic duties but his AI Medic squad shouldn’t. Make Medics absolutely prioritize healing the team. If Medics were added to most squads and you set your squad to Aggressive your Medics shouldn’t be charging into the meat grinder like some regular grunt. So yeah, make Medics absolutely prioritize doing their job and healing

Next, add “Need a Medic” to the communication wheel.

5 Likes

this

And if we go down that way, medics with rifles would be entirely useless class.
Id say they are even now useless as you get far better assaulters once u unlock the 2-3 assaulters.

Which again would render them entirely useless, compared to current situation of being
~ poor mans assaulters

Due very fast TTK in Enlisted medics are useless, if not counting in LARPing. There’s no practical reason to even try to heal any of your bots when you can just pick up the next unit and carry on, and death goes mostly unpunished.

I find that doctors are unfortunately useless, at least currently. Doctors could be added in different unit types having 1 or 2 doctors maximum per squad. 1 already would be perfect. Also, it will serve as fire support, having a rifle or a machine gun. The AI ​​doctor must absolutely treat his teammates. He can also heal soldiers from other units nearby.

It’s a realistic game, you might as well do it until the end please ! :hugs:

I mean are AT, Radio, Mortar, Flame, and Engineer useless because they only carry rifles. Medics would be fine

There are many games with fast TTKs that still have a healing mechanic. Even in this game sometimes healing really can go a long way. For example, back in the campaign days I was a Medic who was keeping a single teammate alive healing him and reviving when he was downed when we were the only ones in the objectives holding off the enemy; in the end winning the match. Plus just in general there are times where you may need a heal

Sure TTK is fast and high, but healing can still be useful and its all about the moment to moment actions

1 Like

BR 5 in Japan, I have medic in my APC, it’s how you use them :>

2 Likes

Medics and mortars should be distributed to all squads
Because they have no use under the premise of independent teams

2 Likes

Imo

1. Medics shouldn’t have acces to SMGs nor ARs. They are medics not assaulters, they should heal not assault.
    If you don’t like it, take assaulter.

2. Give medics a revive mechanic. Imo it’s the only way to make them trully useful in a game where life means nothing.
    Personally I’d add an item that allows to revive. It would occupy the weapon slot as (potentially) it’s super powerful and for larp reasons.

1 Like

The point of Squad types is that the particular class squad is going to have more of said class than as an upgrade in some other squad, ie an Engineer squad has more engineers than other squads

Say the healing boosted your health beyond it’s normal? That’d be interesting.

Medics are the most useless class of all.

1 Like

Snipers and bikers (bikers because you can replace them with any other class in the squad)

Useless as squad ? Yes.
As invidual soldier part of say assaulter squad ? no.

Useless as squad ? Yes.
Nor cant really think of any squad where radio would be better than say engineer.

Quite useless.

Quite heavily nerfed, not exactly worth it.

From all of the above “squads” this is pretty much only useful one.

Yes they would, since the medic squad cant have engineer, AT or anything else other than medics.
So yeah it would be entirely useless.

Medic with Passion, i wish the boxes would heal automatic all allies nearby 5 meter like battlefield does…
or let Engineer from Medic squad build something only that squad have… Maybe some Ticket safer a Lazarett which makes loosing Tickets in half when its build 100meters from a fallen soldier.

Medics gives quality to the Game and a Must Have nowadays

1 Like

well,

for me;

TLDR

don’t really like the ability to revive people. ( personal preferences )

but beside that, medics are one of the best class overshadowed by meta gloryhounds who can’t put two and two together with limited ammo and healing " ablities " and by devs too.

with that being said, i truly hate running out of syringes even with the perk so quickly and no way to replenish them. ever so in lone fighter or my own pves.

but, then again, medics just like riders remaining untouched and most likely won’t change / slighlty upgraded / or even tweaked.
unless people do change parameters through mods.

1 Like

Sure the game can be rather stagnant with something being added only to just be shelved and collect dust, but I always find that it does and will change…little by little, eventually. In time the game evolves

And mostly have medic 2 because are current medic have not very good stat.

can’t get closer than that to the truth.