Massive improvements in the progression system

Gladfuly I atleast maxed USA

They. Are. Going. To. Modify. The. Availability. Of. Silver. Orders.

so can we move on to why you like a random, cluttery, button mashing system?

They are going to modify silver order availabilty. They have said this in this thread. And personally I hated the old system. I have about 40 mortars. 40. Mortars. WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THAT???

Damn, read it four times and im pretty sure it wasnt there. Well it is now. cheers…

1 Like

I know this is off-topic BUT why cant you guys remove the limit of 3/9 battle tasks per day? Why not let the person do as many as they want in a day? Not everyone can play daily, it would be a lot more convenient even for people who get time to play only on weekends and they will still be able to complete the battle pass comfortably.

Because-they-want-you-to-spend-money.

And despite all the cheering in this thread, I bet you tenbux that the new system will have some contrivance which will frustrate most people enough to spend money and cut down through the several layers of grinding (campaign levels, squad levels, soldier levels with several elements to consider (level and abilities which have to be re-rolled to get the useful ones even in the new system), gun upgrade tiers, vehicle upgrade tiers, gun selection with a plethora of subpar guns, and only a few good ones, a multitude of buffs and nerfs which force you to change the soldier types in a squad), so on, so forth.

ooh i didn’t actually read the entire thread at least they are going to modify the silver order availability.

Damn dude 40 mortars ? Jesus and i thought having about 20 scoped rifles and 12 flame throwers was bad.

What are you meant to do with those 40 mortars you ask ? try admiring them in all there magnificent glory and then get frustrated with the fact that you can only equip a few of them on your soldiers at once. Or you could try selling them to a middle eastern country for some good profit.

Also screw all these mas-36’s i have i mean there not half bad but who wants to use a french weapon when your playing the great German Reich

1 Like

I’m going the arms dealer route. Need to feed my Video Game habit.

I’m really hoping this change results in quality of life improvements, but still I can’t help but rant about how it seems like taking a chainsaw to fix a problem that could be solved by a pocket knife with a few simple steps. These would be, as follows for troops and weapons:

Troops:

• Exclude vehicle crews from orders and academy and provide enough crew members to start with. There’s way too many excess attacker pilots and tankers as it stands now. Training of vehicle crews - particularly pilots - seems futile anyway, tankers a little less so, but still there’s just too many of them hanging around the barracks. If anything, the upcoming leveling system would seem suitable for the vehicle crews.
  • Give free choice of returning soldier from academy for rank 1 recruits. This way one could greatly reduce the number of useless recruits, albeit at the cost of grinding those unneeded (flamethrower and mortar) guys to level 1. This approach aligns with the current game, in a simple but slightly grindy way to manage the roster. In other words it would enable to send 2 recruits you don’t need and one of the desired type to the academy and guarantee you get one that you need in return.

Weapons:

• Exclude mortars and flamethrowers from random bronze orders. Silver only isn’t great, but when just three or four of each will do, how about unlocking at least two special weapons with the squad and the rest is up to the use of silvers?
  • Mass disassembly of weapons option. Enough said. Takes probably 25 minutes to code and test. Saves hundreds of hours of playerbase time and reduces mouse button wear out.

Implementing these simple changes would reduce 80% of the current clutter and retained the unique soldier management aspect of the game. At the same time, if there’s worry about not making enough money with the silver orders and players coping just fine with bronze only, then nerf the bronzes by e.g. limiting the amount of soldiers arriving in reinforcement to max 2, and their level to max 2 also, or even level 1 if needed. Silver orders become handy at the latest in the stage where you start to need type II soldiers.

Rant off, it’s probably too late anyway since the changes are already announced, so I’m hoping the upcoming mega change doesn’t break the gameplay experience or result in disappointment over lacking refunds.

2 Likes

still no info about tank upgrade parts ! will it still use silver to upgrade vehicles or bronze orders !

so in future with silver you get only tier 1 weapon and then use bronzes to upgrade ?

then better spend your silver now as there is high chance to get high tier weapon or save them for later i dont get it !

are silver orders gonna be useless in future upgrade ? now for sure seams so as you wont be needing that many of them !

Also still no info about the changes to other weapons like mines,grenades etc

Hope they will give more detailed info about upcoming changes and not be suprise patch like they do it now, releasing new content a day after dev blog about it !

I’m very concerned about the question of skill redistribution. Right now, each point for a skill roll costs 3200 experience regardless of level. If those points disappear and you can only reset the level, it means that for a 4 star fighter it would be 6400 to do a skill roll and a 5 star for 12800, which is literally 2 and 4 times the grind respectively, although I am far from immediately getting the abilities I need now.
Someone tried to convince me that both systems would be in play, but for some reason I think the old points will be removed in favor of the harder and grindier way.

all the spare part would prolly be converted back to bronze orders for upgrading i think

2 Likes

what is the ETA for these changes to academy/logistics? because they were not in today’s update :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

An excellent question. My orders are stacking up.

Soon, in some of the nearest update

4 Likes

YAY!!! Thanks Dude!!

I am really looking forward to it

i do not like this change

Also, we will change the way you switch perks. You will be able to swap them at any time at the cost of dropping 1 rank level. So, no more retraining points are needed. A lost rank level can be regained easily in battles - and new perk learned.

Retraining points are very easy to get and are quick and painless to do - it can take many uses of retraining points to get the perk you want - with this system it wont be easy at all. This change should not be added as it is an unnecessary burden.

I also hope silver orders will be easier to acquire, or be in larger number in the battlepass - because there arent enough silver orders to get everything you need a lot of the time.

3 Likes

If they remove retraining points, they must remove the randomness of the retrained selection as well, and let us select specifically what we want on second attempt.

Oh this guy sucks at throwing grenades, let’s spend a week on training him to get better at it… Ugh, he’s still bad at it but he can jump higher now… Where is the logic in that?

it is been a month, any progress?

So where is the promised improvement? As I pointed out originally, this is a change that benefits whales and punishes everyone else by worsening the grind to extreme levels:

• several times more xp needed for each level, from a few hundred or a few thousand points to thousands and tens of thousands for each level.
  • losing a level for each reroll of the random perks which were kept in place (instead of being able to just pick whatever you want)
  • having to use the extremely rare silver orders in order to fill up the squads which require a lot of them.

The gap between new or casual players and veterans or whales has reached extreme levels.

4 Likes