Massive improvements in the progression system

that has nothing to do with current topic.

3 Likes

This “update” sounds casual friendly.
I don’t like it.

I had fun in this game for months now.
So if it sucks time to move on to some other game.

That’s always the situation - as soon as something sucks move on :slight_smile:

And this game is already super casual so man I dunno what your definition of casual is going to be??!! :open_mouth:

Doing away with the minutiae of weapon dismantling and parts and the academy both sound like good moves - I quite like both concepts, but they were definitely fiddley and time consuming, so probably won’t miss them much or for long!

7 Likes

I’m overall pretty hyped about this. It was too tedious to rank up soldiers. Plus bronze soldier orders now having a purpose is also awesome. The only thing I would like is the ability to trade bronze orders or sliver orders

What I like - not having to constantly micromanage my squads and reserves to level soldiers anymore will be fantastic. I really like this.

Upgrading weapons for bronze orders removing RNG. Great!

What I don’t like - it sounds like there will be a much bigger reliance on both bronze and silver orders and yet bronze orders per match remains the same and we don’t know how we will get more silver orders yet.

Removal of soldier retraining points. I quite liked this system and prefer that to losing a level.

Question. Will we be getting veteran perks in upgrade tree unlocked as part of this?

Will we be able to trade bronze for silver?

So what can we do with excess weapons that we get/have then?

1 Like

id say the fact that this game is in beta means you should expect big changes, rather than getting worked up about the big changes. i’m new to this game (less than a week) and id say the best modification to it would be allow trading a certain amount of bronze orders to be traded for silver orders. other than that it sounds good

2 Likes

they said you can sell them for bronze orders

I would suggest saving your weapons until after the update and make sure you have enough of the best guns to kit everyone out.

The stars won’t matter as that can be upgraded. You just need the right amount of the actual weapons as those will be silver only.

These look to be excellent improvements! I am eager to see them implemented.

What about equipment (grenades, etc.)? Nothing about it was mentioned, nor about handguns, axes and tank parts. This announcement was a bit vague, especially given the possible implications, which include (if the current silver orders distribution is maintained & not changed in format) making the game basically pay-to-win (a major point that me & several others liked about Enlisted is that it is a free game that is, at least up to now, definitely NOT pay-to-win. Where you could always perform well, even with bolt-actions, if you have skill. But how will people perform well without guns? If free players can’t even give weapons to all their soldiers, they will be at a clear disadvantage against people who purchase Battlepass & so forth).

Any changes and anything that doesn’t update the system to reward silver orders also for battle results (or as prizes for leveling up or getting medals on matches, at the very least) should be pushed against due to changing the nature of the game to a pay-to-win setting, and screwing especially new players, as old players will still have weapons but new ones won’t be able to get them so easily. And I don’t want new players to be even more easy to kill. Making silver orders purchasable with several bronze orders would work too.

Please give more information on the planned changes and update the community as several people were very concerned about these news and the red-flags possibly raised by this announcement. These changes could be very good, if they are properly implemented, but they can change the entire nature of the game, and for the worse, depending on the sort of mechanics and policies the development team chooses to implement. And this is cause for anxiety. Making things clear asap would help a lot and, hopefully, then we can spread the good news about the coming update.

9 Likes

Tank and plane parts are already silver orders only - probably won’t change.

I’m still a bit confused what all this means exactly. What are we supposed to do currently to get the most out of our current stage before the update is applied? Will we be losing any of the perks, ranks, soldiers, weapons, etc that we’ve gained?

I worked tirelessly to accomplish maxing out both the Moscow and Berlin campaigns. I have a 9 man squad, all of which are rank 5 Trooper II’s with the 35% vitality bonus, each equipped with maxed rank late-tier weapons. It took me a great deal of time (no-lifeing) to achieve this position, and the majority of my other squads are rank 4 with specific perks I devoted a great deal of time effort and occasionally gold currency to complete.

This is an update I’m extremely excited for, though I would love to know what I’ll be losing out on once applied and what steps we can take now to get the most out of it.

Just Chill man you’ll know soon enough …

how bout the tools, will it be the same method of purchasing??

and how to purchase knife and secondary considering the random purchase option will be deleted?

What about equipment that is only able to get from the random drop, like axes and hand-guns? will they be now for the silver orders too?

I don’t think this change will be good for the game. I’m expecting that this change will make it so people have to spend money to get weapons or soldiers. Waiting for this to come out if it’s bad just uninstall and move on to the next game I guess.

2 Likes

I read that changes were being made in the weapons and I thought that the bombs of the planes would be included.

1 Like

First of all, it’s GREAT that most of the tedious micromanagement to upgrade soldiers and weapons is going away.

It is indeed a gigantic step for the developers to overhaul the ingame economy to such a major extent. For this reason, it is safe to assume that they aren’t doing it blindly or out of pure goodwill, but rather after careful consideration and in-depth analysis of the revenues from different monetization sources.

For example, I think it is also safe to assume that the ditching of academy altogether, putting an end to hordes of soldiers being just throwaway academy fodder, is clearly a move to pave the way for the incoming customization options. Players will mostly stick with the same soldiers forever, increasing the “affection factor” since the early levels , and supposedly being more willing to speng gold for cosmetic options.

As for the impact on players’ ability to buy new stuff, well need to see the actual balancing of the bronze and silver income for both free and premium players.

5 Likes