Making Enlisted a Better Place №8

I have some suggestions to next enlisted a better place

1.sound of tanks
1.1 tank engine sounds

As all players know, the tank engines sound exactly the same in the game, which shouldn’t be, because a t60 makes the same sound as a tiger or IS1. What seems to me a detail that can be improved in a simple way, since darkflow and gaijin collaborate in the game, a library of sounds from the game’s tanks that are also in war thunder could be imported so that they can be added to the game , which would give variety to the game and would give a richer environment in terms of sensations

1.2 Tank cannon sound

There are several tanks that have this problem that even with different guns (for example, t50 and a13) they have the same firing sounds, which could also be imported to each model so that along with the previous point, the gameplay of the infantry and the tanks would feel more in atmosphere and it would show that the game is being polished with each update

weapon reloads
2.1 Incorrect reloads
The reloads of some weapons are not done precisely as they are, for example, the gewer 41 always has the same reload, it puts 10 bullets in the magazine even so only 1 is fired, this can annoy the players and would give a negative point in terms of realism, so its arrangement could make the weapons more enjoyable and give the game a realism score
2.2 Reloads fix of magazine
to fix the reloading by magazines, since sometimes the game gets confused and your magazines just don’t change but they refill your ammunition

I explain

I have 2 magazines, one half full and the other completely full, I spend the one that is full then the game gets confused and starts giving me 15 bullets per half full magazine

that is something that needs to be fixed

4 Likes

This is an absolutely horrible idea
Fit for the front page of reddit

2 Likes

you think this because you leave games as soon as you start losing

Yes

Fuck retard teams
I’m not always going to sit there and try and personally try and drag them to victory

Thankfully I never play alone so the only matches we actually end up leaving are Seelow now that the train jitters like fuck when it starts and stops or if its apparent we’re facing good players on a server we didn’t suggest so 140-220ms fuck that

5 Likes

Semiautos, mgs and autorifles have the same ammo as bolt-actions, but have less damage.
Semiautos have different bullet speed with almost same bullet, but have the same damage.
etc.

4 Likes

I don’t know why that thing isn’t normalized as is rn

Ideally they’re waiting on more data after they slowed semis down leaving them as a good sidegrade to bolts, but who really knows.

1 Like

I’m interested in having a XP multiplier based on performance instead of winning, as there’s no incentive in performing well or carrying a bad team. I would describe the grinding in this game heavily reliant on RNG, due to the fact that the random teammates are almost always bad players. This is one of the reasons why you have a deserter problem, players who quit and find a good match gets better score than those who stay with said bad team. I would even say this would lessen toxicity, you would no longer lose the XP multiplier because nobody built rally points or played the objective, it’s all up to the player himself if he wants to get a bonus or not. You shouldn’t introduce a system that punishes good players.

4 Likes

I don’t think pistols require reduced recoil since that is realistic, handguns may be firing smaller cartridges but they have much less weight as well and so they feel every bit of that recoil. They should definitely be faster to draw and aim but the recoil reduction feels very unnecessary. With the recoil they had before, they were perfectly fine as sidearms.

Yeah, and maybe another XP multiplier for complete the battle would help.

The overall XP gaining must be increased, for example capturing an objective, defusal/planting of bombs, build rally/have team spawn on rally, objective kills/defends. There’s no need of an XP multiplier for completing a battle if you’ll get a sufficient amount just by playing.

1 Like

Dmg buff for revolvers would be better but better than nothing I guess.

1 Like

I agree. An active player who does team work (building rallies) and also plays the objective should be better rewarded. A few days ago I suggested an extra reward for kills inside the objective to motivate players to defend/attack the point.

1 Like

Except players are decreasing their POV in the settings to get around this MG nest balance change, so it’s not really balancing anything at all and only making it inconvenient and less immersive for everyone. Please consider revising the MG nest zoom change to add ammo and reload instead. @Keofox

Barrel length. Closed mechanism with less loss of powder gases.

4 Likes

Is there any new dev in next week?

But how about rifles with same damage, while irl they had different bullet energy?

@Keofox Any news about password locks for custom games, or weapon restrictions for custom games? I really want to do some historical battles but can’t since some players can just join with squads of 9 FG42’s.

9 Likes

Have a couple of things to throw out there that could be interesting features in the future for further immersion:

• Addition to the feeling of life and immersion to the crew dynamics of a tank:
    Any crew member the player is not in control of will instead of being silent lifeless automatons call out enemy directions (“left”, “right”, “rear”, “front”) and relative distances (i.e., “short”, “far”) according to the viewports available to said crewmembers. In practise this could in its simplest form be e.g. “Infantry close” or “Armour far” (In reality a crewmembers experience could dictate if he could identify the type of armour, which could be something to think about) This could further add to the benefits of destroying viewports and furthering the experience of combat fatigue to a vehicle.

• Expansion of the aggressive/passive firing modes to tanks:
    If in passive mode the tank would work as it currently does e.g. the turret locking and not firing when the player switches to the driver to maneuver.
    If in aggressive mode if the player switches to the driver position the now AI gunner will continue attempt to fire main cannon and coaxial mg at targets, this would also go for a radio operator gunner/hull gunner if this is ever added.

• Fixing the spacing command when a squad is ordered to hold an area in an open field.
    I feel this rather well on the oasis map especially, where I in some instances have to expose my squad when capturing or defending to bind/suppress advancing enemies to either buy time in defence or for capture. I am well aware that the squad spaces out properly when no orders are active or when they are ordered to hold areas with cover. (as the AI seeks out said cover) However in open areas when the “hold area” command is issued they default to the close squad formation regardless of what spacing command is given prior to or after the order. The whole squad then is usually blown away by one HE-round or an explosive pack from an enemy with the long-throw skill. I will probably add a clip from the game to show this further if I make a separate post.

• Adding the two first points for aircraft, for the day I pray that gunners are added in.
    It physically pains me to see there being a gunner positions on my aircraft yet the crew amount stating “1 person”, even further so that you even can attach two or more crew to the ground attack aircraft at least. If the day comes that gunners are added, they could for example call out: “6 o’clock high” or “3’ o’clock low”

As a final sidenote:
If you ever are considering to expand the player counts, map sizes and game modes it would be neat to multi-crew some vehicles with other players of “give” members to other player’s tanks or squads where they have lost some of theirs.

I am enjoying the direction the game is going in even still.

2 Likes

What about instead of punishment for players that leave, there were incentives to stay, or to join an in-progress match?

Forcing players to finish a match that they’ve given up on won’t make them try harder

2 Likes

I hope after this I won’t be able to shoot someone in the face without them dying again.