Making Enlisted a Better Place №49 (for the Entities.blk authors)

i think you can put a score " locker " on squads, where you need to score a certain ammount of point before you can use that squad/vehicle.

and i believe @tommyZZM used it in his mode ( or, i could be wrong. ) but in the featured " Path of Glory " ( @schyrikami ww1 mod featured last week ) there’s a working example.

and yes, they can now force loadouts onto people. but, they will still have to make those.

perhaps i’ll make custom profiles for people to use. but the problem that i suspect we’ll encounter, will be that the merge will most likely change faction and soldiers name ids. so i’m waiting for merge before i’ll do anything.

although, yeah. people can make HA loadouts for the time being and there’s a good thread for those who are interested:

no. we cannot upload custom files, nor earn xp by playing mods. or change how xps works. that goes beyond our powers ( otherwise people would just spawn 3000 bots and nuke them repetetively with bombs and farm levels )

hence, devs deactivated xp gains.

most likely, this won’t change.

you will need at least 10 players to earn somewhat like regular matches in custom games ( AND NOT IN MODS ).

unless it’s a featured event.

1 Like

No, I still can’t do this for my mod.

Because the bigAction game mode is base on players own squads, instead of the presetones

The personalSpawnScore seems cannot be set for the squad in the player’s own Profile yet?

Maybe I missed something?

If anyone knows how to set the personalSpawnScore for players own squad, please tell me how to do it?

I really need this feature too!

I refuse to use any preset custom squad profile.

I use player-set squads so that each player can have their own unique squad configuration.

Each player’s own choice of weapons, unique clothing and vehicle appearances, and more.

This is part of the main functionality of the game.

4 Likes

you … see your own contradiction?

you’re okey with what people bring, yet want to limit their usage.

anyway,
custom profiles as much you despise them, those are the only thing that can assure Historical loadouts.

the premise of Widow’s Question.

1 Like

What? I hope all kinds of things are used regularly in order and not abused.

Why can’t I use my own stuff?

I choose ba-11 which costs less points. While my teammates chose the IS-2 it cost higher points.

Thanks to the score, all types of vehicles can appear in battle at the same time.

This kind of HA is the narrative aspect of the game.

10 T-34s against 1 Tiger King.

Haven’t we discussed this issue before? Why do you have question here again?

And this is part of the main content of the game, I want the advanced vehicles and squads I purchased to become part of the HA game. Instead of completely replacing the default profile in my module with my own profile.

1 Like

you’re reading things that aren’t there to begin with.

i have no questions, and nothing to discuss.

you should perhaps aknowledge that there are different ways to achieve different things.

and your mod is everything but HA. ( which is fine. but don’t claim it is one ? when in reality it is not? )

1 Like

I don’t understand what you seem to be targeting.

But my appeal has always been that I want to set the score of their deployed vehicles through PersonalSpawnScore for each player’s profile who enters the game.

Rather than some players frantically using suicide planes to freely hit the ground.

I allow them to use P-47s or Ju-188s, rather than ban them, but they should spend their own points deploying them.

I don’t see the contradiction in what you claim. This seems to be provoking some kind of dispute

i noticed

well, that’s good for you.

but that doesn’t mean that everyone else wants that.

no… i simply answered window’s questions.

I allow them to use P-47s or Ju-188s, rather than ban them, but they should spend their own points deploying them. and use this to balance different all kind of vehicels, IL-2 etc. T-34 KV-1 KV-2 IS-2 etc…

I always surround request with this scene

What does it matter? Some players like to use suicide planes.

But in the mode I want, I don’t think spam is appropriate.

i’m starting to realize that you haven’t fully comprehended the concept of Historical Accurate

you’re more in the line of thinking from a " value " aspect.
( which it’s fine, but different from the point of discussion )

And even the World War I mod in the OP screenshot uses the same spawnScore mechanism to do some useful things.

It’s just that these functions seem to be only available for custom_profile

I don’t see anything wrong with extending this to allow settings based on the player’s own profile in game mode.

I don’t know if there is currently a way to set the player’s own profile in the editor task.

I just don’t use custom_profile in my mods. Because I want to use my own profile in the mission, and I want other players to use theirs too.

But I don’t object to the custom_profile feature, it is necessary for other mod. (ww2 HA moon etc.)

So there is no contradiction here

1 Like

yes, but in a historical context.

op made a ww1 with limiting the usage of powerful weapons.

but it’s still in relatively HA manner.

he doesn’t have futurstic weapons ( outside the lad disguised as an mg18, although he did putted the effort in )

he has no such things as 1 tiger in moscow against against 10 t34s ( which, wouldn’t happen either way due to limitations but )

you get the jest of it.

as much i don’t disagree, i don’t think that’s a priority right now.

because as much we got our cool entities and what not,

i would like to remind you that custom games have been left untouched for almost one year, with almost no improvements.

THAT is what we should focusin on.

that’s your opinion.

and it ends there.

you use what you want, X uses what he / she wants and that’s fine.

but i’d argue we have to focus on other things.

i’m sure eventually a score for squads will come
( even though, i have no clue how that would come. because you would have to set power scores which leads to other problems that i’m perhaps overthinking on your behalf )

that’s all.

Why not use a custom profile.

The thing you need to know is that I allow each player to deploy their own profile squad, which is unique to each player.

For example, bm-8-24 and po-2 were purchased just to use them in a proper mode.

Yes, the game has too many vehicle and weapon types, and they can all actually be deployed on the battlefield, but if they were simply allowed to be deployed without limit, the game would be unbalanced.

You don’t want to see 10 King-Tiger flooding the battlefield like a flood in a large battlefield mode, crushing the Allied defenses without any suspense.

It’s not that I don’t allow King-Tiger to appear, but they should appear in a limited manner, not in a flood.

1 Like

which, i would like to remind you that:

you just jumped on with your mod to say that you don’t have restrictions.

which it’s great for you and for those who desires to do so.

but that’s not HA. ( Historical accurate).

HA can be only achieved through Custom profiles forced on people.

THAT has been the whole point of the discussion.

no.

HA is not about what you think, or what i think it is.

but WHAT HAS BEEN.

the equipment that soldiers back in the day actually used.
tanks and machines that they had in that precise battle.

because allowing tigers in moscow is everything BUT Ha.

i think even a toddler would have understood that by now.

you, on the other hand, are creating somewhat of a balancement lacking in the game.
but has nothing to do with HA:

which, once again;

THIS

was the question to begin with.

the only reason why i mentioned you, was an error on my part.
i believed you managed to insert those score parameters into your mod.

but then i realized ( later than sooner ) that you kept suggesting for that. hence, you still don’t have that.

and i’m " happy " for you.

but it has nothing to do with the premise of the question to begin with.

you just jumped on to once again to demand your wishes.

Yes, this is normal in life.

So I think the current custom profile is well suited to situations where player squads need to be fully fixed and preset you describe.

But for me, I always want to have some kind of HA atmosphere based on my own profile squad rather than a game mode full of spam.

Every players is unique

you’re misinterpreting the words Historical Accurate AND Realism.

those are two different things.

Historical Accurate = Moscow: 7 kar 98 1 mp40 1 mg34, PZ III E / PZ IV E, JU 97 etc

Realism = everything that you could think of with the premise of " it’s in the game " or " made around the same year " type of exscuse that devs used since now. which still does not include tigers in moscow.

which, as you can see, it’s somewhat debatable and doesn’t come close to " label " your mod.

i’m sorry to say, but your mod now that i think of it, ( not to discredit. don’t get me wrong ) it’s also arcade.

whether you tackle the whole arcade charade from the base game, it’s not that different from it. it’s still arcade.

once again, your mod is more of a balance overhal than " realism / Historical accurate " with unique and interesting mechanics based on how certain things worked ( such as AA, artilleries, and others cool aspects )

but for you to sit here and pretending that your mod is HA ( / soft ha… which by the means nothing. it’s either HA, or it is not ) or even, realistic, it’s disingenuous.

at best, arcade with realistic features.

1 Like

I may not want HA as the meaning you understand it,

I just want some kind of diverse and reasonable history based combat atmosphere scenes. Not Tiger King or JU-188 suicide missile spam flood. This is always my main feeling and criticism of the default game mode.

So in fact we are not in conflict.

In the mod editor, we players can create the game missions we want~

NO.

it’s not Historical Accurate.

it doesn’t matter how you perceive it.

it’s not a matter of opinions.

once again, Historical accurate was not a matter of " i think in the 1941/2 there were tigers ".

no. it’s about sticking to facts.

in 1941 there were no tigers.
because those were still being developed.

which you can, and did.

but do not mislead with the historical things.

because it has almost nothing of the kind.

your criticism of the game, valid or not, and based on it, what you effectively made still doesn’t have to do anything with Historical Accuracy.

i hope you understand that.

because, if you were thinking of attracting HA players, i’m not sure how many of them would look at your mod and think " yeah, that’s historical accurate. and i’m there for "

So I use a long sentence to describe it

In any case, 10 T-34s against 2 or 3 Panther or Tiger tanks are HA.

both historical accuracy and historical atmosphere

oh for the love of god.

IT IS NOT.

you can’t sit there and take one thing remotely close to historical, stick it in your mod, and call it historical accurate.

that’s just… dumb.
let’s put it that way.

so you’re telling me that just because there are kar 98s and mosins it’s historical accurate even when there are laser weapons with it?

are you insane?

the more i talk with you, the more i understand how you haven’t really fully comprehended how historical accuracy works at all.

it’s not a tick box that you can achieve by putting the minimum requirement with one weapon?
not a label that you can slap, and call it a day when in reality it’s completely the opposite.

it’s like you make a chinese mod of how they had to repell the japanese with tigers and weapons that they never had.

it’s disingeneous and not historical at all.

the reason why people make historical accurate mod it’s to depict " what it was " and " how " it has been fought.

not using stuff that they never had.

1 Like