Making Enlisted a Better Place №40

Example:

You are on BR 2 and you finally get some BR 3 stuff… You are eager to try it.
But in match, you’ll encounter BR 4 guy now. Making your new equipment not good anyway. It would only make you play against guys with better stuff now.
There’s literally no rewarding feeling in this, only complete frustration. Making whole progress until top BR level just random BS based on RNG.
It wouldn’t feel like your equipment would be better everytime you’ll get something new. Because there would be always chance to encounter someone who has whole setup one BR better than you.

That’s why I would sacrifice any kind of artificial balance to avoid this. It’s just not fun. And calling it “balance” is just hilarious.
Even current situation is better. Because your progress is actually meaningful.

1 Like

And thats fine as long as the list is built with this in consideration. Whatever it is at BR 3, has to have a fair go of whatever is at 4…if it doesnt. Then 4 isnt placed correctly and needs to got to 4.1 or higher.

But anyway, i pretty much just agree. Just a few different ideas but they are inconsequential. Just on a 7 hour car trip so passing time (not my turn to drive obviously :p)

Not okay for me. Because your progress doesn’t feel rewarding enough.
Like every tank can in theory counter better one. Just destroy its canon wait for the crew to come out to repair it.
But is it enjoyable to consistently face better tanks than your own? Not really.
And that’s what exactly would happen.

Yeah, if ±0 BR is thing, it would create meta stuff on each level. BUT your progress on every BR level would feel meaningful and rewarding. And that’s what is important to me. To enjoy progression system and grind overall.

±1 BR in match is just frustrating cuz your progress is negated by RNG.
Yeah, sometimes you could end up as guy who has best BR setup in match. But does it really feels that rewarding?

Yeah i would consider that not placed well. If thats the only chance you have its not in the right BR spot in my book.

Gets more complicated though when you take a medium infantry support vs a heavy, but ammunition types such as HEAT can cross that threshhold.

It was overexaggerated anyway, that wasn’t my point.

My point is:

If ±1 or even ±2 BR in match would be a thing, progress would feels like punishment for me. Just frustration depending on RNG.

1 Like

As long as what they do groups ab-31s, mk 13s , stuarts, panzers IIs, panzer III 37s, t60s and bt-5 together . They can be relevant

I would give like, but my social credit is depleted for today.

(Idk why that last word is completely randomly in my native language)

4 Likes

Need ideas? OK:

1. General Bug Fixes (just fixing bugs is always appreciated).

2. General Game Settings function to allow me to set default Active formation and Active behavior for all of my squads.

3. Ability to order an engineer to build without having to be an engineer myself (similar to how radio operators work) … where I just aim at ground and tell build X here. (Recommend rally points default to pointing toward current / closest objective).

4. Add missing tanks (including premiums) to the practice field.

5. Custom Game Options to allow for Custom Fair Fight … this would also be very useful as could function as the "realistic gameplay function for those that want more of a realistic loadouts.

1 Like

@1942786 We modders still wait for the ability to create voice line mods! :wink:

5 Likes

Will you guys change the FG42 default fire mode to auto? Switching thru my squads just to change fire mode is tedious.

Put the squads how it was before this update. Was much better the squad list below

Are you really so confident in the final project thesis defence that you intend to leave no wiggle room or buffer?
With only 48 hours to go before the update when it is released on the 21st of July, which is the only window given to the player base, are the legal advisors prepared to deal with the potential damage that could be inflicted on players who might happen to be inconvenienced during those 48 hours?
Or are they prepared to renege again and opt for an extension? Or once again use ambiguous terms? Or once again use “drafts” as an excuse?

2 Likes

According to official CC MajorMcDonald, merge will not happen with upcoming update.

I hope it’s true and devs have prepared something else for us.

2 Likes

Would be first time, McDonalds is right.

4 Likes

thanks a lot,its so Surprisingly,
I will forward to the community I am in.

Yeah, It was very surprising to me as well.

A ray of hope.

Because something as huge as an entire mechanic conversion (it’s not JUST a merge) requires time to be done right.

The short glimpse we saw of the updated tech lines (cause those aren’t trees) was definitely depressing.

Devs, take your time. LISTEN to community (by this I mean majority, not a select few)

Do it right.

4 Likes

What I would love to see from next update since its most likely will not be merge.

It could introduce new map to Pacific, but for soviet vs Japanese campaign (since new map for pacific was mentioned in roadmap)
Soviets definitely need more mid BR maps.
Adding new stuff for Japanese, especially higher BR vehicles and so on soit could compete with other factions.
It could introduce WP, paras for Soviets. Bikes could be introduced to Japanese and Soviets as well.
Maybe they could introduce new aircraft weaponry since its was mentioned in road map as well.

And if next update isnt pacific themed, I hope its customization related.

Oh yeah… I hope they will keep releasing new maps after campaign merges…

I’d love to see Iwo Jima beaches and their volcanic black sand, as well as all the Japanese fortifications, bunkers, holes(?) guarding them.

Lots of others too.

As for Paras, I hope they will review how to acquire new squads. The event format isn’t good because of just one reason: You miss it? No squad for you. So no paras for new players.

1 Like

After playing around with shotguns, they feel pretty good right now. Nothing too strong but the right amount of close quarters oomph, I think this was a success!