Making Enlisted a Better Place №4

Did you even read what I wrote? Im FINE with the close ones being moved! But the far ones are now FURTHER. It was a blanket on all distances not just the broken ones

3 Likes

Rallys need to be atleast 70 metres away thats fair. It may seem even further away now BECAUSE its caculated from the edge of the point not the centre like it was

Im closer to my spawn at some then the point now. Thats stupid

1 Like

But not all damn maps are that big.

5 Likes

That’s because this map is broken from the past.
In most maps, you could not build this close in the past versions.

3 Likes

Very well may be but since im not home right now i am unable to test it myself. We will see

I can find several other maps where i could build pretty close but not that close lol. Around 30 metres i could find a place to build on certain objectives. Cough cough fortified district trenches

We’ll see how it plays, but rallies can still be useful by altering from where your reinforcemens come, if not from how far.

3 Likes

Thats exactly what im thinking rallys should be. Not the main spawn but a different dirrection to the objective

Except many places like Berlin are essentially a straight shot or you have to cross a street which is exactly what my points avoided doing. I just played 3 games

I would be also interested to know why tanks are so slow in the game at its current state? Just intersted

It is. But this makes some directions completely gone, due to no covers or two sectors radius overlap all area between them.

3 Likes

Nah, I think this is fine atm (i haven’t try all maps tho)

also

not complain

2 Likes

Or dont nerf stuff no one asked for. This thread is about stating how the updates feel and I feel the distance change was bad. This thread isn’t about agreeing with every decision the developers make.

7 Likes

Looks like great update so far!

However… since we are talking about making Enlisted a better place…I have to insist on my question yet again.
Are squad stances (defensive/agressive/neutral) still planned or was it scrapped? We had no information about it for months and implementation of such stances would enhance tactical potential of squad AI which is after all the very core of Enlisted.
@Keofox, was this scrapped, postponed, or is it being still worked on?
(this is attempt #4). Link here: Development report №1

2 Likes

everyone effected by this and dev already stated their reasons too. beside, didn’t dev said they’ll keep an eye on the new mechanics and fix the distance if needed?

Anyway, I get why some are worried, I also have the feeling this rally distance “nerf” may indeed turn out to be a textbook example of “how an apparently minor / harmless change can potentially cause major shifts in the balance”.

2 Likes

And before it was considered from the edge.

YES!

This is exactly the idea of ​​such respawns!

It is a pity that they worked poorly all this time, and the players are used to this state of affairs.

4 Likes

We are still working on soil mechanics.
For now, tanks are always driving on soft ground by default and this is a realistic speed.

2 Likes