Making Enlisted a Better Place №4

Each update of “Making Enlisted a Better Place” focuses on a particular aspect of the game or a particular mechanic, where we fix bugs or add interesting features.

The realized improvements mostly or even completely are based on the feedback you leave in the special topics and discussions on the online communities.

CROSS-PLATFORM SQUADS!

Play in a squad with friends on PC, Xbox and Playstation! In Enlisted, you can now assemble a squad of players from any of the game’s supported platforms.

Add a player as a friend through the “Contacts” menu, select them in the list and click “Invite to group” or click the “Add player” icon to create your squad. A squad can have up to 4 members.

ADDED STABILITY TO RALLY POINTS

Every good Engineer should plant a tree, build a house, and create a Rally Point inside a house. For this episode in the series, we have greatly simplified the placement of the building layout on sloped surfaces. Rally points will no longer be so terrain-demanding and will be easier to place.

Take advantage of this and lead your team to victory!

IMPROVED RALLY POINT MECHANICS

We slightly increased the minimum distance from the closest capture point at which you can set up an engineered Rally point. This change will improve the balance of forces fighting for a point in all Enlisted missions.

Also, several closely located Rally points will now be combined into one at a lesser distance. This change should have a positive effect on your tactical options when selecting a respawn point.

“THE ENEMY IS COMING FROM THIS SIDE”

This is the kind of message many commanders have been missing - because there are so many missions in Enlisted already that you can’t remember all the paths, so of course you would like to know where the enemy will attack from beforehand.

Now the direction of an enemy attack will be marked with a special marker directly on the map, this will greatly facilitate the preparation of your defenses and of planning a counter-attack.

UPDATED DLSS LIBRARY

Great news for all NVIDIA DLSS users! An updated DLSS library will result in better image stability while maintaining the same level of performance!

WE APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK!

Our team regularly checks the most important forum topics for your feedback, and reports back to devteam when we notice issues with gameplay mechanics and ideas for improving the game. We watch our communities and other Enlisted sites so that one day you’ll see your idea in the update notes or in this weekly series.

So share, suggest, and report!

16 Likes

1 Like

Good news rallys are now less susceptible to slopes. It was indeed annoying.

The DLSS feels a lot more sharp and less blurry if I am not mistaking? At least when standing still, which is a welcome change. On a side note I appreciate how well this game engine runs(optimized) considering the scale of action compared to many games out there.

The Engineer changes are so very welcomed, maybe this will help out maps where pushing first base was almost impossible, especially on Tunisia. But it also buffed maps where bases were too easy. So we will have to see how this plays out. But very welcomed change.

I think the placement further away from the objective was not needed and the terrain placement + rally point working even when enemies are somewhat close was more important.

Like for example if I place a spawn point on the 3rd floor roof and enemies are at ground floor, the spawn should work. And Rally point should take walls into consideration. Also maybe give Rally point , artillery and mortar immunity. A lot of times your Rally Point is destroyed by mistake, with explosions, even in doors, even if the explosions are outside of building.

The terrain placement seems a bit inconsistent tho. For example you can place one here

But not 2 milimeters away here

And then again works here

So could be smoothed out a bit. But still great improvement overall.

This is great changes, and this november we had lots of mini updates which community loves to see, even if small , it is nice to keep us going.

1 Like

Bad update. In Berlin many rallies are now up to 70 to 80 meters away making it so close to the spawn its nearly pointless. Want fair spawns? Get both teams to build rallies! Defenders are massively hindered by the rally distance. Incentivize people to build rallies not make them less effective

8 Likes

Not sure how I feel about attacker being able to spawn closer than 50m from objective while having mostly open field to defend and defenders objective would be arty/bombed several seconds after setup.

1 Like

5185f3c52335a4ce5824cf9ec2ef420709622b24_600_450

Definitely too big an angle. Even after the change.

11 Likes

Damn, now i have to re-learn the placement of rally.

Can’t judge if it bad or not. But other than that, a great change.

From 36m to 70m. “Slightly”

To avoid spawn kills, the most important thing is to let the defender retreat!
What’s hell the defender directly “attacking” the newly applied spawnpoint for attacker’s spawn point.

Or even set artillery direct at the attacker’s spawnpoint:

Most game has strict spawn protection, and “red zone” to keep spawn safe. But this game’s red zone changed too slowly, enable 1~2min of spawn camping.

Also for some situation too close rally points cause unbalance-- It’s the whole team’s balance issue. Those team who able to build better rally point certainly deserve more powerful than their enemies. It’s the matchmaking things.
Though defender can has better spot to build than attackers. This is some kind of nerfing defender. But not much.

2 Likes

The problem seems to be a blanket increase in distance. Ones that were already set at say 60 are now at 80. Ones at 40 are now 60 (good change for the closer ones perhaps)

1 Like

This would make it more difficult to take out being lonely flanker but having to constantly deal with waves of enemies.

Try it, you’ll find some rallies have to be ridiculously far away now

1 Like

We just added +30 meters. But the distance is calculated from the edge of the zone circle, and the circle can be of different sizes.

2 Likes

Yeah that explains it. No one asked for this

10 Likes

As much as I love the changes, except rally points, where are the promised bug fixes and QoL improvements please?

This literally breaks smaller maps.
Many smaller maps (conquest) only has 70m between each sector.
Though I havent played any conquest after the update. But I will guess most smaller conquest maps’ rally point building spot will completely break down.

8 Likes

Thank you. Finaly it caculates from the edge. That is an amazing change. Once i was able to build 20 metres from the Obj rally and its really impossible then for the attackers to take an objective

Thats too close for sure but now those ones that were fine at 60 are now at 90. Why is that good?

2 Likes

To balance defender vs attacker. It’s not this simple to nerf the rallypoint.
There’s a lot to do, from defender’s ticket limit, to map design. Or even asymmetric vehicle resource.

1 Like

Yea rallys were broken come on just look at that. Finaly the devs fixed it and you wont be able to just steam roll as defenders as easily by building rally 20 metres away lol

3 Likes