Making Enlisted a Better Place №20

3580 Battles did i have, i know what i’m saying.
It kills Panther with 1 Shot from the Front.

A GREAT idea. Beautiful. Thanks.

1 Like

Not an update just a QOL change lol

1 Like

Nice changes but…

meme

6 Likes

More penetration is needed. At least 50mm so that they can pen german armor.

German AT guns are and will remain useful only against BT, T26, T60 tanks. No matter how much you buff it

More damage too. It is very frustrating hitting ammo, just for the tank to not explode

Totally agree, the StuG would be so much better with an MG, and giving us a G variant without it is just lazy, I’m pretty sure this is just the exact same model than in Warthunder.

Problem is that coax MG were installed toward the end of the year (but there is a Jumbo and a M24 in Normandy already so no big deal tbh) and having a guy sticking out like in the M8 Scott is not ideal… but I would prefer that than no MG at all

As far as I know the crew of Fs and F/8s were issued a MG 34 which was sometime put on a mount with a field modification but the shield and proper mount were only installed with the G onward, until they tried to replace it with an remotelly controlled one like on the Hetzer.

The Coaxial was common but not universal and was installed on the cast mantlet from September 1944 onward iirc, some rare riveted mantlets with a hole for one can be seen but most of them didn’t have it (I think I have only seen some on StuH 42 (whiwh would be a great addition to the game btw).
A lot of cast mantlet were not made with a hole for a MG though, but German tank production at the end of the war was a mess anyway, especially when you add all the retrofitting of training vehicles…

As an extreme exemple of that I’ve seen pictures of StuG III E and D equiped with a cast mantlet, a 7.5cm L/48 and some concrete armor destroyed in Kolberg in March 1945.

Lmao I have my fair share of battle as well, don’t worry.
But just so you know, it means nothing, you can be wrong for 3580 battles too.

But please go ahead an show me, go in practice mode, and show me how a Panther is destroyed from the front with a PIAT with an other way than through the hull MG port as mentioned previously.

I will gladly apologize if you succeed.

If historically accurate sure, they were not made to pierce the frontal armor of later German models for exemple.

You mean AT rifle ?
If so, yes and they should only be able to be useful against this type of pre/early war armored vehicles, as they historically were.

I totally agree, or at least a chance of internal fire with a small window to extinguish it before everything goes ablaze.

Their mane issue is their unreliability imo, in damage to the vehicle and accuracy in general.

Interestingly enough, although I do agree on most of what you posted about the StuG , there was so much that happened in the war that a lot of contradictory documentation exists with all of Germanys Armored units (among other things lol).

There are sources that state the Pigs Head Mantlet (Saukoph) did not have a Coax but yet in 2 of my 5 books you can see the Coaxial port in it. Where as the Trapazoid or Bolted one had it in June apparently but again debatable to when it was issued to units.
My grandfathers first StuG was a F8 model but with a MG and splinter shield (Italian front) , possibly a retrofit or repair or modification of a knocked out PZ3 that was repairable at Alkett. I’ve also seen pictures of F2s (Rubber return rollers and other identifiers) in Savanah settings with Italian TD/assault guns being inspected by British troops.
Of the 4 StuG IIIs in the picture, 2 have the MG shield, 2 do not. As well, there are pictures of F model long barrel StuGs on the eastern front in 42 that also have a MG and Shield for the Loader.

I have probably 20 books on Vehicles of WW2, and 10 to just the German Army, 2 specifically just on the StuG. And its a mess of contradictions and pictures that show that what they state is both true and false.

I also took a lot of learning from My Grandfather and his brothers on what was used, and what it was like on the Front.

My guess is because they made them historically accurate, the American bazooka rounds were notoriously anemic in terms of affect

And that’s realistic, the problem with heat rounds was that they could be defeated by any sort of external storage or extreme impact angle, I understand that and games are probably not going for complete realism though

I get kills with them, do you want to killing the crew quite a lot inside of the vehicle too, also depends on what you’re shooting at it with, irl, they were For the most part quite useless

Very true. The key for me over the last 25 years or so has been very close examination of what pictures I can find to help determine if something is field modified or factory fit.
Its hard. Because they did have some damn good field technicians that could make it look and work right.

The only ones I can say with at least some certainty (though not absolute) would be the Coaxial mounts. You need Tungsten Tooling to drill MG Ports through Armor Plate. So when I see MG Ports on TD’s not ‘supposed’ to have had them, it helps solidify that most sources did not do nearly enough research before publishing (as is the way most of the time).

Whenever my Grandmothers time comes, one of the few things I will be getting is all those photos (such as what survived from the war). You should see how ‘inventive’ they got when then stowed extra rounds in these tanks. 44 Rounds? Nah. That was ‘factory loadout’. Most had 60, and some captured in North Africa had 88 stuffed inside (I would not have wanted to be within 100ft of that tank taking an ammo hit).

They were inventive, because they had to be. Alas us Germans do like to tinker, much to the sacrifice of efficient production (more or less, it still was the most produced AFV of the Wehrmacht).

2 Likes

While I agree with everything you said, my question is how accurate is their ballistics model, do they calculate the angle of impact for these weapons and use that to modify their penetration?

1 Like

So basically they just buffed the American bazooka and the American rifle grenade?

Imbuing them with an artificially Lethality for gameplay purposes…

The game use WT 2017 damage model for tank, so in the 2017 in WT there is something so complex for this type of ammunition?

For answer your question i think is based on more a weapon have explosive power and more can do damage

I’m not entirely sure I understand, my question is basically if the HEAT round hits the tank at an angle is the penetration degraded by that angle, not only in terms of actually being able to penetrate the armor but how much of an effect actually makes it into the tank.

So you have a plasma stream that’s jetting its way through the armor into the interior of the tank, so it’s not actually exploding inside of the tank like a warhead would be, it’s really about the jet of molten metal that’s entering the tank and what it’s coming into contact with.

The American bazooka rounds were notoriously underpowered, I remember reading a report about the bazooka warhead hitting the side of a panther turret generating a half inch diameter hole on the inside and it shot a cros the inside of the turret and it pitted the metal on the other side of the turret, so all it would’ve done would’ve been to injure or an in the best case scenario kill one of the crew members along the way but apart from that there is no real explosive effect inside of the vehicle.

The German war heads were significantly larger so their jet was much larger to the extent that it could create over pressure inside of the vehicle making it a very unpleasant place for the crew to be.

But having said that there are numerous instances where PF war heads only killed the crew member that was sitting next to the penetration point and did no other damage to the inside of the vehicle.

But in this game I don’t think they’re real focuses on being historically accurate, look at all the silly tnt bundles that magically kill tanks…

1 Like

Dude to text

Ok i write bad, wt in 2017 was a shit in angle/sloped armor penetration, so for logic if enlisted keep use the same damage model have the same problem, in short the rocket/warhead fired by AT weapon probably work only thanks their explosive mass for me the penetration is RNG

OK so this isn’t some sort of in-depth model, not like how It works in Post Scriptum, but just a HE effect no pen values to speak of ?

They have penetration value (not the 2mm in the stats) you can ask cn voultlive for them, but idk if they work properly in all weapons, for now only panzerfaust seems work withaut problem