Make objectives bigger

I just checked out a replay of a match I played in Rhzev and I’m surprised to see that even though the map allows it to be larger, the objective is still limited to a relatively small circle (yellow) around one house.

Imo it would be nice to make objectives 1.5-2 times larger in radius (orange). This would allow fights to happen over 2-4 times larger area and one tank shell/artillery bombardment wouldn’t be able to wipe almost everybody on it.

I’d say the rule of thumb should be to make objectives include at least two not connected buildings. At least where map allows it. Imo it would make objectives themselves more diverse as they wouldn’t be limited to indor CQC and some arty.

22 Likes

I 100% support idea of bigger objectives.

There is nothing positive forcing players to be cluttered into one small area. It definitely isn’t making gameplay more interesting.
Just one HE, one bomb, one rocket. And most of the time there is nothing one can do, at least all his bots will die immediately.

6 Likes

yea this would be good on those open area map

1 Like

But DF needs to optimize the game well before doing that just so low end pcs don’t suffer

I don’t think making a white ring bigger is that problematic for computers.

3 Likes

Nvm if its white ring, I thought you guys meant to actually make the whole map bigger

2 Likes

if only this hasn’t been suggested before…

but jokes aside, ( and not trying to be a smart ass ) it still boggles my mind how capzones aren’t bigger like some of the objectives in pacific maps ( outside that shed next to the shores, or the ship objective. or the airfield and barracks capzones ) like, most of them are fine and large.

even though, apcs being able to spawn inside or next to objectives should be fixed ( make it so that the block rally point and apc feature it’s 50m or more from the border, instead of the center. which, it was partially addressed, but i’d argue still needs more )

2 Likes

can their be a limit o artilley beubg used by one person the entire game or planes or tanks why is I cant ever use a plane cos some dik hogss it every game wtf

Make maps bigger

1 Like

bigger is better :wink:

why are we optimizing for low-end in Anno 2024? if you can’t run it you can’t play it

Is this anno 2024?

You see, not everyone can get good laptop because of inflation and shit going around. Other country people can’t afford a pc all the time