Make AA guns able to aim lower

That was a totally different AA.
Hint: It didnt had only one barrel.

1 Like

I doubt that they can do that since they overheat after around one mag anyways.

I know, but still donā€™t want that scenario when 2-3 ppl build those AA as infa instead of fighting with their guns.

And they would still be OP in choke points (lex Berlin)

1 Like

They arenā€™t weaker, they are a lot stronger. In the past, I could survive Anti-aircraft fire on a direct hit. Now I canā€™t. I see the tracers but I still get hit. I think they might have flack or AOE.

In the past they were 50 caliber, now they are 20mm (Axis anyway, not sure about allies or Soviet) but one hit and I am done.

People do that with AT guns currently. Its pretty common now, and i would say does more damage to the bots on your team.

Had a game last night on monastary, assaulting the river point was brutal. 2 tanks and 2 AT guns spamming HE from across the river. Only cover was the single building on the cap.

Id would prefer if they were doing it with AA :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

can you tell me where they are superior compared to HMG? they have limited ammo, slower ROF than HMG and are prone to rapid overheating. only advantage AA has over HMG is in its 360 turn radius and high vertical angles.

anyone who wants to build choke point would be better served with building couple of HMG.

2 Likes

In the past, every Anti Air for all factions was the same Quad Cannon. A Flak 38 20mm x 4. That Flak 38 is what I am referring to as what it used to be. The only thing I can think of is because of its quad cannon, the center was not where the shots went so it was harder to aim compared to the single cannons that we have now. But that is more player knowledge than how powerful the item was itself.

Was it historically able to aim that low?
And why donā€™t we give Germany back itā€™s Flak 38 to give AA some sense of usability.

1 Like

I think it was able to aim that low because ive heard AA used against infantry too

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/enlistedgame/comments/yocdik/in_case_you_were_wondering_yes_aa_guns_were_used/

2 Likes

What I never understood, AA guns had splash damage against infantry right? While HE from T60 and Panzer II was basically worthless.

AA guns killing with a direct hit doesnt seem like an issue to me, however those 4 gun flaks had those nasty shields that made it increadibly difficult to kill the gunners.

I remember when people build them indoors in Berlin and spammed them in hallways - which was super easy to abuse, because once destroyed they would leave those impassable barriersā€¦

Yeah, it used to be bad not gonna lieā€¦

We could limit where they are built. No indoors.
Plus current ones donā€™t have shield.

1 Like

pz2 and 20mm AA have same values for hefiā€¦

I would disagree. The AA cannons already do not have a long continuous fire, nor do they have high magazines, all while they are plundered with the ā€œoverheatingā€ mechanic.

They should have the overheating mechanic removed for any and all weapons that have magazines.
The movement restrictions should be removed and the guns themselves have an increased or decreased speed in the change of the angle depending on the weight of the gun. I.E the GPMG build able should be quicker to aim around, the HPMG should be the same or a tad bit slower, and the AA guns be smoothed up.

The AA guns arnt as bad as some say, but theyā€™re definitely not used in most games. If, and IF anyone uses them, they are spending time trying to shoot down an aircraft while the team gets stomped on the ground, all while the enemy aircraft keeps getting kills.

2 Likes

I do miss using AA to mow down infantry and even slightly damaging vehicles. So they should bring it back for realism sake and it was fun, gave opposing side more of a challenge to overcome. You should also be allowed to build it anywhere like in real life, whether inside or outside. If anyone complains then just remind them they can always snipe the gunner or destroy AA gun with tank or artillery.

2 Likes

yes, sadly the playerbase doesnt really give a shit about realism

1 Like

Is it that we dont care about realism, or we want realism where realistic, but acknowledge that historically, weapons and vehicles simply were imbalanced, so for gameplay reasons, we stive for ā€œalterationsā€ to a limited extent (ie: Only for Balancing).

1 Like

@Tobythetf2guy Unfortunately too many kids be complaining, who find it hard to win fighting a realistic battle and prefer arcade style games. So they end up being catered to, to make it fair for them as they probably make up most of the player base.

2 Likes

Never forget the Germans Obi-Wan Kenobing D-Day with impenentrable grey zones as they did in D-Day. Allies only won because their air planes had friendly fire off.

3 Likes

Iā€™m all for removing grey zones and turning on friendly fire. letā€™s drive this home by increasing team size and and battle length. Bonus if it becomes a 24/7 simultaneous war across Europe to see who will take the most land.

1 Like