Lower the FW's turn time

Why is it so high?this planes handling has always been janky,combined with a terrible turn speed makes using this plane just not viable,using other fighters lets you have a much easier time in the role its meant to be used in.for reference how bad its turn speed,its only around .20 seconds faster turn speed than the beaufighter,and the P47’s 18.84 seconds for the US’ main bomber is so much faster than germanys main figher at 19.37 seconds,where is the logic in that?this was meant to be the counterpart to the P47,but is far below that.I suggest lowering its turn time to 18.30 seconds or so,to make it turn faster than the enemy’s most used bomber.and the allied figher (AP4) that is supposed to be eqivilant once again has the turn speed advantage and 8 HVARS,and the only thing the FW does better is having some 13mms in excange for 20mm ammo,which is pretty negligible when both planes have 4 20mms.I think the reason this was done was to make german air weak while allies had that to make up for tanks,but now that the allies have a reliable tank to kill the KT and the super pershing on the way,can we give this figher the justice it deserves?

4 Likes

Pretty sure they just Imported Warthunders flight model. Experience is pretty much the same there. This is their interpretation of the 190. (some variants are better)

I never found the 190 they present to live up to the expectations from reading about it. At least in Realistic, It does not feel good to use (full controls/simulator it is better…but we dont get that in Enlisted. Control surfaces are nerfed by up to 30-50% I think?).

5 Likes

if you want faster fw 190 turn time, use takeoff flaps, theyre durable and to break it you must have 700mkh+

2 Likes

Sadly, Fw is terrible to fly.
Nervous, twitchy, jumpy and slams into the ground like a meteorite.
The only good version is the premium version.
I tried it, it does fly rather normally.
All other Fw’s are useless to me.

4 Likes

The Fw 190 had greater firepower than the Bf 109 and, at low to medium altitude, superior manoeuvrability, in the opinion of German pilots who flew both fighters. It was regarded as one of the best fighter planes of World War II .
^ wiki

I dont understand, are you saying my D12 that feels like im in control of drifting train doesnt feel good?!

2 Likes

Lol Im saying that all 190s in warthunder or Enlisted “feel” like trash compared to certain other planes (some of which they were “supposedly” superior too)

I still like the 190 for its fire power. But generally when I pick a plane, I want a plane that I can win from a disadvantage, not require an advantage to win…I dont pick 190s much anymore lol

2 Likes

Considering the firepower of D12, I guess for balance sake the turn time can be kept as it is.
But damn that controllability of that thing gives you ptsd.

Id say the D12 on paper is the best plane germuts has.
But those awful controls ruins it entirely

1 Like

We will just have to wait for the Ta 152 for a more maneuverable option. Im more interested in stablising the D models, smoothing out their quirky control authority, and perhaps not compressing so hard.

Mainly just want it to “feel” better. Dont really care if its trade off is it cant turn.

1 Like

Its been like that for long as I remember, about time they fix it.

I dont expect it either to become next meta fighter bomber combination.
But the fact that its absolutely horrible in both tasks currently with its ptsd controls is just meh.

1 Like

All FW-190 in game are broken, there is something wrong with it’s characteristic that cause insane drifting. It would be about time that DF fixes this.

5 Likes

Broken or intended…?
Try the premium Fw 190, it flies normally, 100x better than the D-12 gold order.

BTW I’m still sad I cant use my beautiful JV-44.

2 Likes

bah…I hate you for saying that…I was thinking about it while it while it was on sale…but had the 190 bad taste in my mouth…Waiting for Do. 335

1 Like

Same here.
I had that bad taste from the JV44, it’s so beautiful with red bottom and 30mm in the nose, but for me, too difficult to use…
So I tried the premium one coz it was on sale.
Flies like a 109.
I would use that any day.
The JV44 never.

But I didnt get the premium one coz I fear I wont be able to blow up the strong Russian BR5 tanks with the tiny 50kg bombs.
But I would have loved carpet bombing infantry.

1 Like

Nah it can’t be intended, there is just no way they would balance Germany toptier best attacker by making the control trash when all aircraft already behave like bricks, unless DF is completely retarded.

I was kinda shocked to find out the premium one flies just fine while the research tree versions and the gold order version suck at flying.

1 Like

I actually think 8x50 is a preferable payload (to most, not the D12). so versatile and still blows the shit out of any tank. Plus its a fighter so doesnt take attacker slot.

I probably will get it one day. But Im really holding out for a FIat G.55 Series 1 for my fighter slot.

Does the premium version have different characteristics? :thinking:
If a fixed FW-190 already exists why not just adopt that for all. This is just greedy and F-ed up on multiple levels.

3 Likes

except of the dirty drift when you divebomb the FW is awesome… i would say its the best fighter plane ingame…

2 Likes

Yes it sure does.

You are a better pilot than I am, sir :+1:
I crash at every attempt at dive bombing.

1 Like

Was bound to click with someone :slight_smile:

as a “tea-boo” Im going to go with Tempest or Fiat!!!

1 Like