Listen up!

i know differences between tanks. point i was making is that lot of them are pretty similar and either have same gun and similar armor, or they get slightly better performance in turret rotation and could easily be put into folders with different price. e.g. panther A and G, or pz.4 J and H (maybe even F2). player could choose to take slightly worse but cheaper or e.g. 10% more expensive but better tank and there wouldnt be need to double the grind with unnecessary weapons/vehicles.

but if you really want differences, shall we talk about planes where difference is minimum for same models of planes? or BA rifles that have slightly different sights and maybe 10% difference in performance?

do you know how much you need to grind 1 tech tree to t3? ffs you need 584k xp. tell me how much xp does new player earn? lets be generous and say that he earns 3k xp average on battle (and he doesnt) and average battle lasts ~20 minutes. do you know how many days does he need to grind 1 tech tree to get to t3 if he plays average 2 hours per day (6 battles)? that is 195 battles or 32 days for just one tech tree.
what if he wants to have t3 smg, rifle, tank and plane? he needs 2.22 mil xp or 742 battles or ~4 months of 2 hours of daily battles just to get to mid tier of one single nation. what about other stuff? snipers and AT/flamethrowers tech tree? does he need to play for half a year? what about other nations? what about high tier stuff?

I play since September 2022 and I finished all campaigns and pumped all soldiers up to max, except the Japanese in Pacific.

Giving everything to everyone at the start will make the game cheap and too easy :-1:

and tell me do you have premium+BP+premium squads and how many hours daily you play the game? and are you on top of the leaderboards?

i play since ~february of 2022 and i have only finished normandy both sides and moscow allies. with some 10-15 levels in berlin allies and pacific axis. and i am constantly on top of the leaderboards earning 2-5 times more xp than average player in team.

btw i am not for giving everyone everything at start, but to reduce the grind so they can get to mid and high level weapons much faster.

also do you think that ww2 game is very interesting if you are on BA for half a year?

1 Like

I have a premium and some premium squads. I play about 2- 4 hours per day.

Bolt action are bad weapons, but I know some idiots who use them even at the end of campaign.

They always make their team loose the match, but - they dont care about others, they only want to snipe.

now imagine how will new players play after spending half a year with bolties and low rof smg.

overall you are premium player that is in top 5% of playing time, maybe even in top 1%. this is number of battles played per player

do you know how bad the grind is for average f2p player? ffs numbers that i put are even optimistic considering average performance of average player.

2 Likes

These two don’t fit together, I’m no god player but take all bonuses away and I earned at LEAST 6k per match with starter gear

If it takes you half a year to get out of bolt actions in this game, that’s just on you not playing much

What’s the source on this?

Not that bad til you hit around level 22ish and onwards in a side, to where it becomes decently tedious, but is much easier to progress at the start luckily

Just because our playerbase mostly sucks and barely plays the game doesn’t mean the grind needs to be reduced to cater to them

6k with starter gear? maybe with premium time or if you are really good f2p player. average player in enlisted gets max ~2k score per battle. with win bonus you can say that f2p player will earn on average 3k xp.

me.

2 hours a day is not much in those calculations? that is 6 battles and playtime that is over 90% of the players. average player in enlisted is dogshit just doesnt earn much xp cause of shit tactics that most players use.
to get 4 tech trees up to t3 you need ~4 months

that was in campaigns where you got good weapons relatively fast. did you check the table of how fast you got weapons?

check xp requirements now and before per campaign level.

yes it does cause that is majority of players. you cant tailor make game for 5% of the players.

1 Like

Yes 6k with starter gear, bolt actions are viable if you can aim and use cover, something most of this community fails to do properly

Nope, yeah for Normandy it’s nice to get an early semi, but say Tunisia, I maxed that too and it still was not bad until I hit the later levels

So when is War Thunder going to downtier german tanks because the players suck, the active playerbase finds the grind okay, and the only people I’ve seen complain do not play often and have admitted to doing so

let me guess… you maxed out tunisia allies?

good thing i was never your average player even in the early days of Enlisted

and a loss idk how much xp since it was old build

1 Like

good players will halve the times needed to grind, but even for them it is hefty amount of grind.

3 Likes

To be fair, making grind more bearable would benefit everyone not just the new players.

And then again, I dont really see any issue if new players gets easier start than what people 1-2yrs ago got.
After all this game needs players and ~few months grind to get something shiny and new isnt exactly very appealing.

3 Likes

Thing is though, if it takes you a few months to get one new thing, that’s just on the player for not playing much, this game rewards you for simply playing the game at least decently (But for some stupid reason softcaps your gains past a point, harming better players, which would be nice to see a change in)

Well not really, I play casually every now and then ~2yrs ? Still got plenty to unlock regardless of being top3 ~98% of time.

So for someone whos playing casually as iam but not doing so well its quite grind ahead which again leads to question should they just put theyr time and effort to some other game where they can get new stuff in reasonable time.

And as said the majority are indeed casuals, not the ones that spend +2hours / day in enlisted.
So the grind should be adjusted accordingly.

And to clarify this grind, its not only opening new progress levels and getting new guns ( This is kind of the easy part )

Its also grinding those squads you prefer, get them maxed, then max the soldiers of said squad, max out the weapons of said squad and if you want to have all the fun of the world then play some perk bingo to get the most useful perks.
And ofc, grind the cards to those upgrades.

2 Likes

what part of 2 hours daily in calculations is not playing enough? shall the player play 4 hours daily? 10 hours?

1 Like

2 hours daily is enough, that’s about what I do, and over time I get plenty of stuff unlocked

congratulations you are in top5% playerbase by amount of time played.
now tell me do you perform well on leaderboards? do you earn first place often? do you have premium? do you have premium squads?

tell me how much xp you needed to earn some of these stuff now and how much you need after the merge

Yes, yes, yes, and yes but unused most of the time (Stalingrad / Pacific pack premiums + M3 Field Mod / MP18)

From what I’m seeing many things end up less and many things end up more just depending on where you grinded it
(Also you forgot a space for “tunisia cumulative”)

i see many things became many times more. you need to look at rifle/smg/tank/plane grind cause cumulative includes all grind and not separate branch.

rifle grind is ~2-20 times more per specific rifle. smg grind is also 2-10 times more per specific smg (with only exception of beretta m38).
when you compare tanks to moscow and tunisia you will get tanks that are more expensive in old grind compared to new, but all of other campaigns have cheaper and more advanced tanks. same is with planes.

so you dont have problem with grind cause:

1. you are in top 5% of playerbase for time spent on the game
  2. you perform better than 90-95% of playerbase
  3. you have premium that halves the grind
  4. you have premium squads that further improve your grind
  5. you had stalingrad pack that 4x improved your grind.

most players perform shit, dont have premium time nor squads nor stalingrad pack, nor do they play as much as you.