Let’s Discuss the Meta Changes

it is not 2 different modes.
new queue system is flexible depending on number of players. it can range anywhere between 3 and 24 simultaneous queues per server no matter how many campaigns you add (doesnt matter if you have 6 or 100 campaigns)
old “historical” mode is inflexible and number of campaigns represent number of queues to keep the game historical. so currently it needs 6 queues (8 this year when they add 2 new campaigns) at all time.

so first queue can shrink to 3 queues in times when there are no players (or low number) or 24 queues when you have huge number of players, but historical queue will need to constantly keep 6(or 8) queues at all times. 24 queues per server is probably impossible with current playerbase, so more realistic expectation is about 8 queues in new flexible mode.

and now people expect that DF splits playerbase to basically keep double MM queues with half playerbase per queue…

Even ignoring the proposed simplistic algorithm in mm, I still don’t think the following is clear.

Axis current typical loadouts of platoon:

In Berlin I have a cross section of squads, LMG AT, Engineers, mortar teams, Is2 and TD su100.

In Moscow I have rocket tanks, both premium LMG squads, assaulters and engineers, radio ops, 109e-7, PzivE premium, Stug premium

Stalingrad, engineers have MKBs, usually spread of squads as above, PziII, Stug, FW190

How is that going to work in the future? A lot of these premiums will no longer be used as you won’t know what type of fight you are going into.

Not to mention customization and gold I spent doing that to each and every individual squad

2 Likes

Just plugging this in here: Of endgame content and possibly a weekly event game-mode - #2 by 61839981

Simply have a weekly event of some sort that has these historic restrictions. That way you can enjoy both the base game and have as much historic mumbo-jumbo-Sherman that you want.

I personally support the developers leap in the correct direction. Make motorcycles great again! Oh, and paratroopers would be pretty baller.

Another rather important question, that I’m unsure will get answered:

What will happen with uniforms customization?

Putting all maps in a pool, makes it completely pointless, and a total waste of money.

Why the hell would we waste currency to outfit our Soviet or German soldiers in winter attire… if they randomly end up in the DESERT, Berlin or Normandy?

What about vehicles camouflages we paid for?

That winter camo will look rad in the dunes, will it not?

Mmkay I know you devs say “it will strain matchmaking”, but seriously it will look ridiculous as you plan it.

1 Like

well you’re missing the point.

You’re talking about match up-queues.
I’m talking about every possible queue that maybe prevent players from being matched togheter.

Normandy for example. It’s not one queue, but two.
It would’ve been one if every player pressed “join any side”.

But now we have one queue of lets say 893 players that wants to play Normandy as Axis, and 245 players that wants to play as Allies.

On top of that we have 3 different and seperate servers that will split this group of players even more.

Of the 893 Axis players there are maybe 220 queing to play on the EU server and at the same time 35 Allies players.

This is the same for every campaign. 36 queues.

1 Like

But that’s a part of a system you are not wanting.

That won’t automatically be a part of your new system.
So how are you implementing that in to your system?

I recall mentioning to you that uniforms can exponentially increase potential loadouts needed, as well as hugely increase certain aspects of the grind - and you told me uniforms wouldn’t change with environmental changes.

So… you want uniforms to play a part in identifying a correct loadout, but you don’t want the uniforms to influence the loadouts over environmental changes like whether it’s autumn or snowy in Moscow.

The devs never said anything about that. They might make that the case anyway, but they certainly never said this distinction will happen.

They will change automatically depending on the map they already confirmed that about uniforms idk about tanks. War Thunder automatically change camo on your vehicle, Enlisted may become be like WT after the changes.

That’s another reason why making loadouts depending on the campaign will solve these kind of problems without sacrificing “historical” accuracy.

1 Like

Looking silly the the main goal of cosmetics in a game. It is not I the player who has to look at it, but everyone else does. Gaze upon my glorious tiki torch tank:

2 Likes

They definitely said it, I’m not going to look through multiple topics and scroll through hundreds of posts to find the quote for you though.

How uniforms would work is no different than how the devs propose. They would change depending on match you get, or how you set them up, if you are someone that pays for customization. (But winter uniforms would not exist as an option for your Pacific loadout for example, this already exists in the game, you can not buy winter uniforms for your Pacific US faction. And this is how it would work in the devs proposal, your uniforms would adapt to the match)

Btw, not trying to be a dick, I just really don’t want to have to find the quote.

2 Likes

Да всё правильно ребята,делайте свои изменения.В конце концов это игра просто про вторую мировую войну . А кому нужна интерактивная история,тому нужна другая игра.

Agree with Quadro. I prefer balance over where the match is being played. I mean who really gaf about where the battle takes place? What kind of mentality is that? “I’m outraged that a tiger is in Moscow” I’m deleting my account…

Good riddance

1 Like

Will change automatically. Will it mean I’ll have to buy the same soldier, a different attire

For all possible campaigns?

At those ludicrous prices?

Thats really pushing it.

What about special squads such as the Tunisia Moroccan warriors? They might end up in Normandy or Pacific.

Thats Tom foolery right here.

I’m not asking for historical accuracy, but Christ, seriously removing all map choices for the sake of a mm that won’t even solve the main issues it’s claiming, seems the inverse as

Seems like the cost will far outweigh the benefits the more I think about it.

In short. Keep your half thought mm and let me choose the map, or at least war theater I wish to fight in. I don’t care if I must wait minutes (never had to before, so this issue seems imaginary.)

2 Likes

Did you made an account just to write this?

1 Like

You don’t have to always play with the “best” (end of war) gear, since as far as i know the exp rate won’t change based on your rating. So you can still use f.e. the current top moscow gear with moscow premiums and you would get mathced with players using similar rating gear. So early war premiums wouldn’t lose their purpose if you use them alongside similar rating gear.

That’s Quadro’s alt acc he is shilling his posts since he haven’t got enough attention he expected.

2 Likes

I lied, I decided to go find the quote and found it quick.

1 Like

Didn’t see this.

But I wouldn’t be surprised at all if that magical new feature…

… was a paid one.

Still won’t solve historical premium squads like Tobruk, Moroccan warriors, Volksturm thought.

3 Likes

They never mentioned the system won’t distinguish between the two types of Moscow map for potential uniforms. Just because they mentioned uniforms, doesn’t mean they mentioned what you want to do with said uniforms.

Forget it.

My point is that the proposed system is filled with as many holes and questions as the devs one, if not more.
It’s an alternative, but it’s not outright better.

I feel like there was clearly a misunderstanding somewhere early on in our discussion so now we’re just going around in circles for points that aren’t consequential enough to warrant it.

Edit: I see you didn’t be a big main either and wanted to continue the argument a little bit more. Surprise surprise, forum user is toxic and must defend his ego at all costs.

Edit 2: You can also stop liking your own posts to make yourself feel more justified too. Yes, it’s extremely obvious you’re liking your own posts, no one even has any time to read your post before it’s liked, there’s no way a genuine person is doing it as they couldn’t even know what you said by the time the like appears.

it is simply (more or less) like in the current state with possibility of choosing a campaign removed which results in a single one merged queue for everyone