KV-1 good?

Is KV-1 nice to play? And how it will performe after merge.exe?
Do you have any thoughts on this? I ask because I dropped the golden ticket and I wonder if I should buy “hit the fascist”. And I have no experience with this vehicle because I haven’t touched Volgograd at all. I plan to use it at new “low levels” immediately after merge, without grind. Is it worth it? And will there be low machmaking for it at all?

1 Like

Yes buy

3 Likes

kv1 is overall a good tank.

especially for what it’s face.

( panzer IV2s, Panzer Gs ( very few ) and probably scarier, Stug III )

it has good armor ( if angled ) and good penetration.

the only issue ( at least for me, ) slow firing coax, and somewhat slow reload.

but 70% of the german playerbase do not know how to counter kvs so…

it’s a safe bet.

talking about opposition after merge, what you could potentially face and be somewhat " scary " it’s the italian TD.& the Sturer Emil.
those can one tap you.

those paks quite a punch. but, do not have great armor.
so yeah… you’ll mostly face german tanks and italians TD.

unless somehow they put kv1s against tigers. ( which… it’s unlikely. but always possible :eyes: )

EDIT:

infantry will have panzerfausts. according to the merge spread sheet, you might potentially face panzer IV Js too. ( if you get an uptier match )

not sure how kv1s are durable against panzerfausts.

but i doubt they will be able to tank those.

as. right now, kv1s can be destroyed by grenade launchers ( grb39 something something ) currently in stalingrad from the side / back.

5 Likes

Buy.

This tank is like a big bully.

It’s what you want in a heavy tank. Really fun to play.

2 Likes

yeah. i looked at the spreadsheet to be sure about that statement,

and… ( if the spreadheet will actually remain what it is )

worst things you’ll face, will be in tier IV.

with panzer IV J, IV H & Panther A.

but that’s like… unlikely?

especially considering that the KV1 it’s a mid to late Tier III vehicle, and those panzers somewhat mid to late tier IV.

hence, Brs will be somewhere in between dividing the tier in 3 matchmakers ( averange and similar br, uptier and downtier ) ( if it’s like WT )

1 Like

Its makes your enemies shit their pants…

Cos most of them dont know that a tnt on the drivers hatch is all it takes

2 Likes

It is a strong tank with lots of ammo and a good gun and god armor. (for stalingrad)
The armor is stupidly thick and even the side and rear armor is very much armored meaning you dont lose much armor if flanked and can angle it for even more armor very quickly.
If the BR causes it to only see Panzer 4 you would be still fine but it might fall of very hard if it gets matched with early panthers or tigers etc. depending of which BR it would get.

1 Like

It’s not as strong as it used to be with broken shell damage model, now you can get penned easily frontally by PZ4F2 and PZ3N but it is still way more durable and powerful than paper thin german tanks. Just remember not to rush infantry like some crazy overconfident idiot, because it will cost you life you are damn slow and there will be at least one guy with tnt hoping to get a kill on you.

1 Like

Used to be increadibly OP, now it seems “okay” I guess.

2 Likes

The file tells only the unlock tiers no br tiers. So we cannot really tell what weapons the kv-1 might face

you do realize that brs are within tiers right?

those are not really that separated thing.

i doubt you’ll unlock a tier III that will face tiers V and what not.

not to mention, they orininally meant to have 10 tiers ( i believe were more brs ) rather than tiers it self.

so. no. i doubt you’ll face anything major than panzer IVs.

at worst, panthers A. but on very rare occasions )

once again, similar to WT.

( which, according to your statement, you would believe that unlocking mp3008 or volkssturmgewehr 1-5s. would land you at 10.3 ( for example ) with other people using tigers and stgs?

in historical matchmaking, that would be the case. but since enlisted is not HA driven, you will only face things of the tier instead of things from 1 / 2 tiers above ).

with that being said, uptiers and downtiers will be definitely a thing.

but not more than 2 above.

1 Like

From my expierence as KV1 Camper (SG is sole campaign where tank kills are the highest type of kills):
This tank is the best tank in the entire game given the circumstances.
What kills you are Stukas and people accidantly hitting your driver hatch.

1 Like

I remember when I was like the sole Soviet player at the stars because Soviet main refused to play SG Allies and Axis was swarmed.
Almost nothing could stop me. Sometimes I only had one dead squad and that was a inf squad.

to be fair, i did started facing kv1s and has been somewhat of a challenge for me personally.
as, vehicles shells / damage models are so inconsistent that when i tried to snipe their barrely or aim for the cheeks, no damage. ( during the initial phase where the germans were dominant. )

then i realized that tnts can destroy kv1s behind the turret and grb39 from the sides.

but, as i progressed through the soviets, no one in the german side really knew how to destroy one.

and i made like, 50 games with it.
( until i grinded and upgraded everything and i got bored… )

should have continued to play sg. i would have been rich by now.

but the lacks of maps really killed it for me.

i expected a RO2 vibe…

but all we got, are 2 maps. 15 reused maps… and only one remotely similar to RO2 ( fallen’s fighter square ) with no snow :confused:

1 Like

Too complicated.

A good ol plane bomb, or the now FINALLY working (like a wonderful frickin charm of joy and euphoria!) Long pz4 gun is all it takes :smile:

I just hide with my infantry, going around usually :thinking:

1 Like

Lol i just cant pass up the free xp, kv-1 sitting there without a care in the world, me with 9 rifles each with tnt…just walk over, pop one on the hatch, knock knock and BOOOM, free xp babeh!!

Course panzer 3n and 75mm long eat it too if you are first on the trigger…and ofcourse bombs too, but its funny, stalingrad is perhaps the only campaign i dont bring planes. Do t really need them.

1 Like

Literally never killed me and I rarely kill KVs with it. Mentioned it before, Grb is weirdest AT weapon. T-34s and Shermans and Grant? No problem.
KV-1 and bloody A13? Well…

well, the grb39 can’t do miracles if the tank has angles.

( probably damage model, or wasn’t really designed for slopes )

but it can definitely kill kvs and t34s.
( just… not fast as tnts though )

2 Likes

Planes are as much needed in Stalingrad as they are in Berlin (city maps).

Not at all.

But they’re so fun to play! I really like the Focke Wulf in Stalingrad, even if it’s ground support abilities are non existing (renders too late for strafing).

As for tnt, I just got too unlucky with them. Wanted to place some on the driver hatch, but each time, the KV driver is aware enough and merely HE it’s surroundings… easy to do when your only weakness is in front of you where your gun points :sweat_smile:

I just bring my 4G when a KV pester me enough.