KV-1 good?

GrB vs KV1 in a nutshell.
Flank KV and shoot at it unangled from the side at close distance.
First shot hit and pens through turrret and wrecks ring and the gunner.
Other shots dont do anything except killing tracks.
Getting pissed and start hip-firing.
Fifth hipfired shot blows shit can up.

1 Like

accurate averange grb39 user :joy:

but hey, as long it works.

unironically, i do believe hipfire is more effective than aiming.

1 Like

I just wanted to point out that the br rating can differ from the list we got. Of course the kv-1 will face panzer 4s no doubt in that

Well, there is also the railway station

I… never tried hipfiring the grb39… I didn’t even know we could fire that without doing so…

:zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I shoot at the engine, why pray RNG gesus for a critical hit on the tank if i can burn the crew shooting at the engine

1 Like

wasn’t the gumrak station in RO2?

Edit.

it never was.

got confused with the other map :confused:

but yeah, railway station too.

which, eh… i prefered Ro2 more, because it had more rooms. as opposed to enlisted one which… you’ll be mostly fighting in the ground floor anyway :confused:

( technically yes, also Ro2 was mostly on the first floor, but it had more rooms and going up stars was actually important and viable. )

2 Likes

Much like how Moscow Axis players have no idea how to kill a T50, Stalingrad Axis players have no idea how to kill a KV, and KV has a better gun. So yeah KV good.

Kv1 as a refrigerator is cool, amazing to survive tnt explosive packs, but, somehow I prefer to bring the black t34 into battles.

T34 is more than enough as a tank,

2 Likes

very strong and flavorful, but wait after merge to see what BR it gets. if it gets a lower br than the t34, its can become OP against the weak german stuff. if it get a similar BR, it may be obsolete due to t34 being better in many situations

There’s only one, true, worthy Fridge:
800px-ArtImage_KV-2_(1939)

Holly Dark Flow, may we one day have this as a premium,

Amen.

3 Likes

Because some genius decided to give the Axis a tank that is incapable of penetrating a level 12 tank, very few Axis players reach 12 before abandoning the campaign.
Without fear of saying it, the Axis tankers in Moscow/Stalingrad/Tunisia are better than the Soviets who spend all their games with their T34/KV1 feeling immortal since nothing can penetrate them. Quite the opposite with the axis tankers who suffer a lot but that makes them very good.
A while ago I saw a player with the G destroying about 6 kv, or I the other day with the 75/32 M1 against the Grant. They simply don’t know how to position themselves or where to aim.
So far I have not seen a good kv, if the J could penetrate it I would return to destroy kv with the J.
I’m sure it’s the opposite in Normandy/Berlin, the Allied tankers are better than the German ones.

1 Like

F2s are more than capable of penning Kv1s…

so…

that’s simply false.

highly debatable.

( i wouldn’t consider my self a german main ( although, it is my most played faction and i almost grinded all factions involving germany )

but i can assure you, it is definitely easier playing as allies against germans because they are more coordinated and somewhat have senses in their heads.

unlike… 60% of german playerbase? ( maybe i’m being generous )

the panzer G it’s also a good tank capable of dealing with Kv1s.

it has slighlty more armor than the F2, but same gun.

well, for " good " kv it’s usually camping somewhere in the back until it gets tnted.

perhaps good good kvs are somewhat rare as more people are playing SG.

eh… almost the same situation.

it depends more on the time zone and who you’re dealing with.

because most of the time… perhaps not many good people are around.

which it’s fine.

1 Like

I mean J.
I know, but you have to be level 12 for F2 and many who play with the axis abandon before reaching that level

i can assure you, it’s not because of a kv1 that people leaves.

but more because of maps ( or rather, lack there of ).

playing just 2 maps with roughly 8 missions it’s no fun at all.
( and gets boring after a while )

or… perhaps it’s because of those flame thrower kinda " funny " players with full ppshs and what not.

For pre-“nerf” KV imo it was the case for axis.
Now it’s much better though f2p still have to suffer until tanker 2 to have a long range ground weapon to beat it.

Personally I enjoy KV-1 as an oponent.
To some degree of course, when it’s spammed it’s annoying. If I see like 4 in a battle, they can be tough to beat but rewarding.
Also since the update on shells, it’s funny to pop KVs with Stug. Poor fools think they have an advantage.

to be fair, axis was almost always winning.

until they nerfed the mkhb42 ( rightfully so? dunno. i have mixed feelings about it to this day )

which, most of the people were then done with the campaign as nothing much to grind and same maps.

which it then turned into a soviet stompground. and nowdays, haven’t really played it that much as i’m grinding the japanese.

I dunno, overall my experience Playing as Germany (over a long time mind you) is that regardless of gear and campaign, I still win most of the time. Tunisia being the exception (i didnt play them till recently) but there are not enough players for that to be in the ranking. I find there to be maybe a 5% winrate difference between each side (thats me playing on either side, comparing my success on either side).

Stalingrad Is a funny example. I mainly play germans there and have an absurd win rate like 88%. Very low opinion of the Soviets there…But then when I play the Soviets it Feels easy to Crush the Germans in the same way :man_shrugging:

I feel like It doesnt matter what side you play. At some point it becomes “its not axis player or allies that are muppets…its just players”

1 Like