Japanese Tanks (Their Future in Enlisted, Hopefully...)

Easy eight sherman was used in ww2

1 Like

I have a major issue with the O-I, and it’s already been said many times: it is way too damn big. The Tiger II is 7.4m long, the O-I is 10m. The width is also a whole meter higher in the O-I.

Also, the O-I crew is supposed to be 11 men, which is even more than a Trooper Squad, and otherwise the tank would be half-empty.

It wouldn’t fit maps well, so I don’t think it should be implemented. Instead just put in the prototype version of the Ho-Ri, the one in War Thunder, and just name it Ho-Ri III.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if infusing the Spirit of Yamato into Japanese soldiers is a good solution:)
And on a more serious note, I think the best solution is just not forcing Japan into tier V. For me Japan is fine as is, the only thing they really need is stronger tanks (but within the limits of the current four BRs).

2 Likes

yeah but Ho-Ri III is a paper tank

1 Like

wouldn’t be battlepass, would be either event or premium if it’s not in TT

It’s in War Thunder at the very least, and devs are working on it already. We’ve passed the “historically accurate” line long time ago, we should now be focusing on balance within reasonable historical inaccuracies (like the RD-44 seeing use, or the Chi-Nu being used (they never entered combat)). We shouldn’t put a M1 Abrams on Normandy, but it isn’t unreasonable to give the Japanese Chi-Nus to use because otherwise they’d be fucked.

1 Like

The US never fought the japanese in the Pacific with M4A3E2 or M4A2 (76) or M26 Either.
The US used M3 Stuarts all war and it wasnt until 1944 that the US started mass deploying Shermans and even then they only used the 75mm armed ones at best (and the 105mm howitzer version)

But eventually US will get things like M26 Pershing and face Japan in Enlisted so yeah

Although… the US did deploy M26 Pershings to Okinawa after they already defeated the Japanese in preperation for the invasion of the Japanese Home Islands. Thats why im suggesting things like Ka-To TD , O-I Heavy and Ho-Ri II for the Japanese.

For me… Japanese Tier 5 should be played on Japanese Home Islands maps in a alternate history scenario where the Americans are invading the home islands.

Yea if enlisted become “alternate ww2” then all these things would be fine imo even the O-I

1 Like

Tier 1-4 Japan would be the more accurate stuff

Tier 5 should have its own seperate alternate history matchmaker
Japan vs Allies on Japanese Home Islands maps that you can only play in at tier 5
Japan vs USSR maps on Kuril Islands that you also only will get at Tier 5

Dont care about jap tanks. And any jap player worth their salt wouldnt bother with them.

The Chi-Nu is good just bad penetration implementation by gaijin
Furthermore its gaijins fault for putting it at tier 4 instead of tier 3

1 Like