Japanese MGs: Returning Their Most Valuable Asset

I believe it is fair to say that the Japanese Iron sights on the Type 96 and Type 99 are pretty bad. The vertical magazine covers your plane of view, which is quite annoying.

(99)

(96)

The Type 97 would’ve been the same way as its vertical magazine would’ve taken over the plane of vision as well. Luckily, its scope was added to the game to make it playable. I believe the same should be done with the Type 96 and Type 99.

Now, to make my case even stronger in the authenticity area, I present to you some selected pages from a manual made by the US War Department.

Type 96:

Type 99:

Some people might say that this would make the Type 97 obsolete and that no one would want to use it since the Type 99 and Type 96 also have a scope, but in response, I say this:

Both the Type 96 and Type 99 are in BR III as we speak. They are going up against BARs and M1941 Johnsons. Japan will soon be in Tier V. The Type 97 is in BR II, so it will be mandatory to use it if you want to stay in BR I-II and still use a scoped MG.

Conclusion:

Add in the 2.5x scope if it has not already been added. Allow the scope to be equipped or unequipped like with the Sniper Gewehr, STG 44 scoped, Mosin M91/30 sniper, etc, on both the Type 96 and Type 99. This would be a wonderful addition to the game and provide the Japanese with something special that no other faction has.

14 Likes

Yeah. The mag blocks your field of view. That’s how it works. Bren and Vickers do it too

Yes, but the Type 96 and Type 99 have the privilege of having access to a 2.5x scope, which is their most valuable asset. But Darkflow has not given them their most valuable asset, which is why my title is called “Returning Their Most Valuable Asset.”

7 Likes

I agree. Currently the MGs are borderline worthless IMO. They aren’t very good for close range (in comparison to the BAR), but they are also lacking the magnification like you are saying to make them effective at longer range.

Plus on top of that, we still have the issue with bipods.

3 Likes

To be clear with anyone, I am not biased for the Japanese Faction. This is purely a non-partisan suggestion.

2 Likes