Japan is the worst faction of the game -reasons

The Na-To sucks, despite having the crew stick their head out as bullet bait I can’t have a clear view of the surrounding as the commander. It’s an open top yet you are just as blind as a T34.

3 Likes

Not only Japan but Axis playerbase is dead, specially in NA server

4 Likes

meanwhile europe japan is havinh fun

No before merge

Yes post merge :rofl:

America’s total Arsenal may be weaker than Germany’s, but it is definitely much stronger than Japan’s. It is true that Japan is not an industrial power in reality and does not have that many powerful automatic weapons, but the game cannot be as unbalanced as it is now.

3 Likes

Scopes: Needed

3 Likes

I have almost fully researched the Japanese tech tree, and it’s not a problem to play against Americans. I win more often than I lose. Of course, tank battles are a bit one-sided because the frontal armor of Shermans is a bit too much for my Chi-Nu. But still, I’m able to achieve quite a decent score. I personally really enjoy playing as the Japanese, but I’m looking forward to when the Soviets arrives.

Spoiler

1 Like

Yeah the BR doesn’t correctly add up between Americans and Japanese.
(for example, you get engineer 2 squad at BR2 for americans, whereas the Japanese don’t get them until BR4).

I would personally suggest them recategorizing the Japanese tech tree to not go past BR3. Then only have low tier fights available as Japanese.
This would help numerous factors:

• Japanese faction players would be more condensed, so that there were games that their team was more full, more often

• The quality of gear would better align

• No longer would the Japanese be pitted up against things like the Jumbo, for which there really isn’t a good counter for.

3 Likes

If you don’t know the history of the countries participating in World War II and their equipment, that’s how it is. The Japanese had such equipment because they preferred to use steel to build ships. They made tanks and planes out of rice.
I Enlisted is a Tactical game. You have to think, not rush forward. Too much BF and CoD. The tank stays at the back, away from enemy infantry, and if it has weak armor, you find a shooting position and hide, rather than complaining that the developers didn’t add Godzilla to the Japanese army.

2 Likes

this is a jap br 2 MG btw

this is BARa2 (the better of the BARs and probably the go to for most offensive squads)

I almost finished Japanese tech-tree. Japan has bad tanks, bad bombers, bad rifles and bad machine guns. But - it has good fighter planes and some decent SMGs. Soon Japan will receive a buff, because the soldiers will be smaller (harder to hit) :face_in_clouds:

4 Likes

i wouldn’t call the type 96 bad not in the fucking slightest, it’s sights might be bad but the gun itself is good, very good

Load up a squad with the FN model 1930. If you intend to play Japan it’s worthwhile. It doesn’t serve much purpose for Germany but is really nice in Japan.

1 Like

I’m very interested in how you have to think through the destruction of a tank in the gray zone, if the type 5 doesn’t penetrate it, the plane flies for so long that during that time the enemy captures the point. Tanks are crap and the engineer’s gun is even more crap?

The developers removed all the quick methods of tank destruction for the Japanese. The only normal airplane - ki61

3 Likes

That’s why Japanese airplanes have to suffer because of the developer

2 Likes

Honestly all BR placements would be fine if Japanese tanks were actually useful and have HE rounds and useful MGs that don’t shoot like a wet noodle. Even give the suicide sticks actual AT abilities, right now they do nothing.

Also the Americans can cap an objective in less than 30 seconds.

5 Likes

Good point.

The carrier/air start problem needs solving.

Japanese bombers would be much better if it didn’t take minutes to slowly gain altitude. if you head straight for the point from the carrier, it’s really tough to have a useful drop. SBD is in the same situation but it seems like a bigger problem for Japan.

1 Like

“They made tanks and planes out of rice” lol

1 Like

Japan is almost destined to go extinct in this game.
Once the research tree is finished, there is nothing left to play for.
Who wants to play the same maps from the same campaign every day?
Nobody. It will bore them very quick.
So post-merge after Japanese vets had finished the research tree, I guess they quit the game or defected.
So now only beginners are in the Japanese army…is my guess.

5 Likes

Weird, rushing in seemed to work fine for the other team in the game I just played and lost lol