Japanese BR5 automatic rifle

This is definitely something super weird
It uses 6.5mm Arisaka ammunition, has a 20-round magazine, and has a strange mantlet

To be honest, I really can’t think of anything that would allow the Japanese army to go to BR5. Unless World War II is over, they can’t be allowed to get post-World War II weapons, right?

This isn’t War Thunder

N1K1-J, Ki-84 and B7A are definitely suitable for BR5. It is best to have 800KG bombs. The Type 97 bomber has missed this

4 Likes

Give J7W Shinden

I think this plane was a prototype, but it’s japan so no one care at this point. I would be a great fighter for the japanese and has a very original design.

3 Likes

This is the prototype MG version (ultra light machine gun) of Type Hei rifle.
20 round magazine and full-auto setting only with high rate of fire.
This weapon is most definitely not a SF rifle, but could fill in the role of an AR, probably functioning similarly to Fedorov Avtomat.

3 Likes

Thanks for the addition, there is too little information about it

I liked her a lot in War Thunder
Cool appearance and powerful firepower

1 Like

Yes and also some sources conflict, so basically that is all we know about the weapon, + that 1 image we can see.

Another weapon I would suggest for Japan is the Hino Komuro M1904 rifle, a semi-auto rifle tested during the Sono-Russian war.

15 round magazin, semi-auto only, so once again definitely not a SF rifle. Could be a good BR4 rifle though, 15 rounds would be fair if reload time was slowed down accordingly.

2 Likes

I could only find these 2 LMGs for Japan that could be good for high tier but I couldn’t find signs of them being used as infantry weapons maybe @Killerwolf1024 would be able to tell

1 Like

Or federov MG, since it is…

I would love to see if this is given to japan Germany getting
Dornier Do 335

1 Like

You could just introduce the Fedorov assault rifle to the Japanese, in the battles at Halkin Gol and Lake Hasan they were able to trophy several copies.

This rifle makes me cry.

Fedorov was used as an MG and somehow it’s an AR in the game. Type Hei MG is literally firing the same 6.5 Arisaka round as Fedorov, I really don’t see why only Soviets should have bias.

2 Likes

Because Japanese do have potent playerbase unlike Soviets, but your point is very solid.

1 Like

Fedorov Avtomat was only during the Great War, 1920-1928 and Winter War, which makes extremely unlikely that Japanese soldiers could have captured any of them.

There was 2 version of this gun. The main difference is the weight.
This gun also capable of mounting a gun shield.

So we can choose 1 version and give it a gun shield, lower recoil and better accuracy.
Now you have an assault rifle.
Use the other version and give it greater recoil and worse dispersion.
Now you have a SF rifle.

For Mg you can use aircraft mg like the type98 mg which is license-copy of the Mg15.

For tank dev already decided to add Ho Ri. Maybe WarThunder will add O-i one day so we can add it in game.

1 Like

I’d rather just have it without the shield and it be the Japanese AR.

2 Likes

may be a nice adition, but i don,t think it,s enough to stop M2 caribine.

M2 caribine is a SMG that everone can use, BUT

it,s a god damn GOOD SMG.

i would stay whit this moster, since this is actualy a a assault rifle. since this gun is cleary enough to stop M2 caribine.

SF means Select Fire rifle which Type Hei MG is not, since its full-auto only, it would work like an Fg42 stuck in full-auto which is clearly better than what Japan has now (literally nothing), but 20 rounds for a full-auto weapon you can’t even fire in semi-auto kinda beats the idea of SF, it would be an Assault Rifle available to everyone.

1 Like

japan need some sirius firepower, it,s not to be a bad weapow, it,s to be a OP weapow since it,s the last one in Rifleman tech tree.