Japan and America SMG balance suggestion

The tokyo arsenal smg is a good addition, but it is to strong for its tier 4, considering that Japan only fight against the Americans. If it against the ppds, I can understand. However, its counter is the thompson. The only comparable Thompson is at tier 5(drum mag). I think that the tokyo arsenal should be nerfed to tier 5 once Japan has more good gear. Also the of should be nerfed… The m1928a1’s rof should be buffed to 900rpm so it is larger than the m1 and accordant to real life. That way it will be a fair counter. Another thing is to buff the sights, because currently it is impossible to stay on aim.

devs will add tier 5 to japan next update most likely tokyo arsenal will be moved to tier and br5

2 Likes

Idk, realistically SMGs are one of the few advantages that Japan has, and when you consider what US has at tier V, the tokyo arsenal is just at the higher end of tier 4.

9 Likes

I love that japanese mains were crying about M2 carbine. Now they cannot face it anymore but still get some of the best smg in the game because reason. I don’t play either japanese nor BR4 USA so I don’t care right now, just waiting for japan to become BR5 worthy for somehow.

Let’s wait until we resolve these issues:
US Army resurrects bombers and fighter jets in the skies
An almost invincible tank
impact grenade
better paratrooper
Better APC
Better HVAR or RP-3 rockets

9 Likes

i have the feeling it WILL be moved to tier 5 once they push japan into it, like it or not. like many vehicles at the moment at tier 4, they will surely stretch the line up to BR5, move a bunch of already existing gear there, add 3 or 4 new pieces of gear and vehicles (mostly that wont have a real historic counterpart) and call it a day.

if it doesnt happen before, that will be the definite turning point for the pacific tide and USA BR5 will destroy japan. again. happened before, many times.

farm your jap gear now, boys, or repent later!!!

I don’t understand, there’s not a single US smg which is better than tokyo smg. Even on BR5.
The only exception is m2 carbine which has playstyle of smg but has semi rifle classification.
All other advantages are in vehicles.

But that has nothing to with smgs. I really do not understand who thought putting Chi nu on BR4 is good Idea.
They should put chi to there. Chinu really isn’t equivalent to tanks like panther, t-34/85, jumbo…

I have a pretty serious hypothesis that developers are putting equipment on certain BRs just because they don’t have anything for that particular BR at the moment, so they’re trying to fill it somehow.
Really great way how to balance things. ;))

1 Like

the only advantage the us is vehicles and the m2 carbine japanese players cannot face

Japan bombers and fighters are just as annoying, although American/British planes are op as hell. I understand that the Jumbo is painful. It is still painful for Germans. The problem is if you nerf the Jumbo. The American tank game in Normandy will be ruined, as there is no other American tank with such armour. The same goes for the Thompson but backwards. The Americans are just lagging behind the rest of the factions in assault. The buff will not only change Pacific but also Normandy and Tunisia. The only para the japanese faction can face is the former tunisia para which has basically a sten. So it is between a bolt and a sten. Also, the japanese para get the problematic tokyo smg… The lack of the impact grenade is not really making Japanese players less toxic, since rifle grenades exist.

Then just change that smg to br4 considering that PPD-34/38 with higher rate of fire and more ammo is also at BR4.

1 Like

This.

It’s why pps42 and 43 are tier 2 and not 3 (and mp38 and 40 got down to 2 as a result). There’s just nothing else to put here.

Seeing how the tiers work, you need to unlock a certain number of of things before having the right to start unlocking stuff in the next tier.

They needed filler in some tier…

4 Likes

My assumption is that the Japanese have undertiered SMGs because they can’t go to BR5 yet.

After they introduce the BR5 crap, they may make retroactive adjustments to put the high-cap SMGs with low recoil at BR5 the same way the Type 4 not-Garand had its artificially buffed reload time turned into the G41’s to make it not completely helpless back pre-merge when M2Cs met the Japanese.

In the SMG department, I believe that thompsons are overtiered as hell, and have performance that makes them irrelevant to use when M2 Carbines are available. Most have too much visual and actual recoil that they are impractical to use in any range that isn’t in your face- Especially compared to same BR counterparts.

I highly doubt so. Japanese already has bunch of smgs. There was no need to release type 2 smg or Tokyo arsenal sooner than BR5.
It’s not like that they have lacked variety in smgs.

Whether Jumbo is weakened or not has no bearing on Normandy
I didn’t see Jumbo at all in BR5 Normandy, more T34 and 76w. BR4 players will also use 76w if they want to have a good fight with the Germans.

However, there is a group of opportunistic players who use Jumbo to launch spam in the Pacific Ocean, and then are bombed by the only Japanese Ki-63 that can be resurrected in the air. They complain that Japanese military aircraft are too annoying.

I don’t want to see any more complaints from those with vested interests, no impact grenades? It doesn’t matter, they have rifle grenades
It’s as if the U.S. military doesn’t have rifle grenades

The CHI-NU requires careful aiming even against Sherman tanks, so what’s there to complain about? The US military has so many advantages why are they still staring at the Japanese SMG which is slightly better? What’s more, they have Thompson. I used the BR4’s Thompson submachine gun in BR5 to hit the Germans’ butts hard. Do you think STG44 and FG42-2 are not as good as Japanese submachine guns?

Skill question

I also don’t want to repeat Beaufighter and P51D resurrecting from the air in the Pacific Ocean and immediately throwing rockets and bombs at ground players before they are ready.

The Japanese army just has a group of well-trained players who use worse weapons to achieve a very high winning rate. They are a group of admirable players.

If you still want to complain that the Japanese weapons are too powerful, then I simply suggest that DF make the Pacific Battle a PVE and only allow US players to beat the BOT battle.

1 Like

The T34 isn’t in the game. Doubt it ever will be. Pretty dubious as to whether or not it would fall under their WWII rule

We are talking about game balance and I know that what I am about to say is out of line with the discussion, but I want to say something.
So…

The game seems to be becoming more and more fantasy. :joy:
Submachine guns were really few and precious In japanese. As for the Tokyo Arsenal, as you all know, there were only one or two prototypes, so you could almost call it a fictitious existence.
The real Japanese military had almost no advantage over the US military, especially in the later stages of the war. :sob:
If the game accepts realistic mode, the Japanese army will never move up from BR3 all the way.

When I play the Japanese army I will forever stay per BR2-3 because I want to play with a Japanese army that follows historical reality to some extent, if not completely realistic stick.
When playing as the Japanese Army, the game should be about enjoying how far you can go against the US with historical Japanese equipment. imo.
If I play a Japanese army filled with fictional weapons or prototypes that were never actually used, can I say that I am playing in the Japanese army? It is a fictional army.

1 Like

then they show a tank that is literally fictional

1 Like

It is sad that developers are no longer interested in recreating the Japanese army but in creating a fictional Japanese army.
They will become like the Japanese army in the ridiculous Chinese TV shows.

3 Likes

Firstly, there is no need to be so emotional. Secondly, you mention that the us has rifle grenades. So people from both sides start spamming them. Toxic but there is no balance problem. However American tanks are certainly better but nerfing them is not viable since Germany will stomp them. So the devs should either buff or add new jap tanks. What Thompson variant did you used? I personally use the m1a1 and the m1 in game and the sights are horrible, you can see nothing, while the Tokyo’s sights are pretty nice. What the us has is the lanchester 50 but it has lower rpm and event only. The cool thing in Enlisted is that most guns can effectively kill people. So you being able to do so does not mean I cannot and does not mean it is a good gun compared to others. Western allies rocket spam is a problem to be solved 100%. By what means I have no idea…… I have seen the former Normandy low tier p38 doing runs with the puny m8 rockets and remaking havoc.

cmon, that picture is not historically accurate and you know it! cant you see the way the soldier is holding his gun is not according to japanese doctrine???

1 Like