Isn't the flamethrower too powerful?

The flamethrower in the game is excessively powerful. It has issues like catching fire from very small flames on the ground, spreading fire through concrete walls, and even extinguishing the fire on the body becomes challenging as the gauge keeps resetting, resulting in situations where the character burns to death even without any nearby flames. This level of intensity is not present even in games that strive for realism like Rising Storm.
If it’s the inherent power of the flamethrower itself, that’s understandable. However, please make it possible to extinguish the character when they are burning from residual flames on the ground, and allow the player to extinguish the fire all at once when there are no nearby flames.

5 Likes

Devs have some plans about that, plus you will soon see a few fixes for flame already с:

4 Likes

I would like to see the backlighting when the flamethrower is used corrected as it is too strong.
The game has too much contrast, which makes dark areas very difficult to see, but when the flamethrower is used there, it is deadly and all you can see is flames.
article_pc_GettyImages-656028868 - コピー

29 Likes

YES! It’s incredibly annoying. I frequently catch fire from things that I’m not even standing in contact with… plus you get so many people tk’ing with that f*ing thing.

1 Like

The fixes:

7 Likes

Let’s wait for news regarding this changes :slight_smile:

1 Like

The weapon itself is very situational, what makes him powerful is

• flame can glitch and noclip wall and other structure
  • your soldier catch fire instantly even touching a little flame

Developers are working in fix this two thing who make flamethrowers powerful as

The helper posted

4 Likes

yeah, the fact that you can get ignited from the “wait, what?” kind of flames is annoying. i guess it’s to kill those pesky hiding people that got accidentally splashed or something iunno.

its less the flamer being too strong and more that fire mechanics are badly coded and you catch fire faster than californian forests. after that is fixed (hopefully this year, DF) it will be fine.
the flametrooper mechanic overall is quite nicely balanced in enlisted.

2 Likes

Please leave my flamethrower alone :confused:

3 Likes

Devs, Don’t let poor Hans down…he’s had a long winter on the eastern front.

2 Likes

Every time I see pictures like this, I think their quality of life would be better if they had one lighter in their pocket.
awdhj4xj64j71

3 Likes

I think of how bad the fumes from those flamminweffers would make the cigarette taste.

3 Likes

Perhaps that Hans would have tasted only like the ground on the highway.

1 Like

Devs play flamethrowers in game, too. Maybe we have to wait till they are tired of spamming that. Just like WP grenades.

Flamethrowers SHOULD be deadly, so here they are fine.

HOWEVER.

The flaming ground should NOT be able to engulf a man in the millisecond he touches it with his big toe. The flaming liquid is not on him but on the ground…

I’d at least remove the “burst in flames when you look at it” mechanic and instead replace it with damage over time when standing in the fire, THEN catch on fire after 4-5 seconds or something.

But not instantly at least.

7 Likes

Fame throwers being used to deny terrain is actually on of their intended uses

Yeah, that’s the only problem with flamethrowers for me.
Otherwise I don’t think they’re OP. The flametrooper itself isn’t that versatile compared to some other classes + they’re very often targeted as priorities. They’re so easily recognizable.
Most of the time you are unable to use to their fullest potential because of it.

So for me, the current state of ground flame itself is problem for me. Flamethrowers really aren’t.

2 Likes

keep nerfing the fun
then complain like little bitches.

2 Likes

+1 for fixing the recommendation to lighting when flamer is in use.

-1 to relentless fucking moaning calling for nerfs to everything enjoyable.

Can we please nerf these players from the game?

2 Likes