Isn't the flamethrower too powerful?

Yes, I mean, it’s fire…

It’s just the instantaneous catching on fire I find strange. When shot (sprayed?) With the flamethrower flammable, and sticky liquid, it goes without saying. But a soldier could at least approach ground flames without instantaneous combustion (but still take damage, fire burns).

Except that, and maybe the strange lighting effect… I’d say flamethrowers work as intended.

They’re indeed lethal. But it’s also why they’re everyone’s priority target and their life expectancy is often shorter than the fire burn time they create.

2 Likes

For me, it’s not problem they are lethal, there are things that can be bigger threats.
But they’re primarily just ultra annoying af, that’s why I am always hunting them down first.

Same result. They get shot on sight :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, fire itself certainly needs serious overhaul.

But what happened to the fire resistance of Flametroopers? One of my last games i got stopped by my own fire as i was clearing a building with my Flametrooper.

Also on Stalingrad, the Flametanks tends to catch on fire thanks to their own flamethrowers, making them easy prey.

Coincidentally, a few hours after I made this post, an update seems to have resolved the flamethrower lighting issue. Thanks devteam! :smile:

May I offer a counter argument? I think all but the residual flames setting people on fire instantly and the residual fire keeping you from extinguishing yourself is fine about the flamethrowers. I believe they mentioned fixing one of those in the latest update. Oh, that and the keybind to put yourself out is a stretch to get to if you don’t rebind it.
" * Added a 1.5 seconds delay between being in the fire and burning for all units."

In my experience, only two times have I been on a receiving end of a goated flame squad user who pushed without dying. Yes, you feel helpless as you are blinded and set on fire. Now compare that to the many times I have stopped a flame trooper from doing anything at all simply by shooting him before he got close enough to do anything or simply holding a grenade and blowing him up while he is to busy werfing the flammen.

Down sides of flame dudes:

1. Slow.
  2. Low stamina.
  3. Dies just like everyone else.
  4. Just as likely to set himself on fire as the enemy.
  5. Low ammo.
  6. Squad is pretty lackluster without him.
  7. GIANT BEACON FOR ALL TO SHOOT AT.
  8. Can’t refill their flame tanks ammo? <–Although they likely don’t live long enough to justify being able to do so.

Upsides:

1. Counters smg and melee users by not allowing them to effectively fight back.
  2. Can halt an enemy push by setting the ground aflame. <–Although, people shouldn’t be able to freely traverse it consequence free.
  3. Can expend fuel to obscure their movement to get closer to objectives.
  4. Fun high risk high reward gambling class.
  5. Allows new players to clear out the objective cheaply as they likely don’t have grenade pouches or necessary funds for grenades yet. ← All the more reason to limit WP grenades as they do the flame troopers job way to conveniently.

Probably not worse than the taste of matches with phosphorous)))

It’s been brought up a number of times. We all agree there are issues. Sadly it’s the go to OP class that still hasn’t been fixed.

1 Like

What it needs is a turn speed % nerf so players can’t swing back and forth 180+ degrees very easily while firing the flamethrower.