[In development #2] Mod: “Battle for the Monolith”

• Free forum members, veterans and hunters, the team of the PBC "Dangerous Modders" and Co. team consisting of:

propfreak - @Dinosavr38
crazy old man - @schyrikami
lazy person - @Vik_2701
theorist @Devenddar

• We are pleased to present the second issue “In development”, it will be dedicated to the location of the “Battle for the Monolith” mod.

The outer perimeter

The crashed Mi-24 in front of the Sarcophagus

• The outer perimeter of the station is represented by a fairly extensive open location with the ability to enter buildings and go into catacombs or corridors. Various anomalies and shelters will help and hinder movement.

Output to generators

• So with the help of a “Trampoline” it will be possible to overcome some abysses, or climb higher. On the surface, you can find several passages to the catacombs, or climb some roofs.

Anomaly of the “trampoline” between the pipe paths

Station

• There will also be some maneuvering space available in the station itself. So along the station runs a long “golden corridor”, which has several forks leading to different places of the station. The corridor itself is a fairly enclosed space, but is diluted with extensive halls and rooms.

MCP-3

Catacombs

Fork in the road

• There is an extensive network of underground tunnels under the station, which are connected to various sections of the map in different places and allow both entering and exiting them. The catacombs are represented by rather straight and narrow places. The importance of the catacombs is that they will save you from the blowout.

Monolith Control Bunker

Agent Coding Room

Conclusion

• Keep an eye on subsequent releases [In development] Mod: “The Battle for the Monolith” and do not forget to collect more cans

• Past releases of the team:

[In development #1] Mod: “Battle of Monolith”s

14 Likes

cat-vibing

1 Like

the ammount of details…

chef kiss

without custom content… i can understand why it’s not out yet…
but stay strong brothers.

2 Likes

Yeah i will be honest, while i do respect the amount of work and time spent on making these assets up, i really do, (similarly to moon map and spongebob hangar ) it doesn’t look super good.

But don’t give up! As a Metro fan, i can’t wait how the end result will look!

The stretched textures, the repeating patterns are all issues of every map maker.

We need custom content support ASAP. This insane and unneccesary amount of manual labour; finding, placing, resizing assets, and puzzling them together could be replaced with a simple model import…

lazy person

lol

Also who is this guy?

Judging from the background, it must be a stalker reference.

1 Like

This is Sidorovich, the first merchant from the game.

1 Like

Oh Monolith!

We pray to you!

Oh Monolith!

We are your progeny!

Oh Monolith!

Our only hope at redemption!

Oh Monolith!

Your name is in our hearts!

Warriors of Monolith, we stand!

Oh Monolith, our Light!

Take our souls, our minds

And cleanse them!

Rid them of doubts and hesitation!

Oh Monolith, our Hope!

We are Your soldiers!

We want to give our lives for You

We want to give our souls for You

And we want to be one with You!

Oh Monolith, we shall remove all obstacles from Your path!

Take our flesh!

Take our blood!

Take our souls!

And make them whole again!

You are in us, oh Monolith.

2 Likes

I’m more interested in how such a volume of work will work online, DF said that they improved the work of mods, in theory everything should work out.

1 Like

small suggestion.

if you want the logo to be more dinstinct, and not look like a png slapped on it,

try to changing the AO texture as well.
and over photoshop, try to apply the following:

put the layer / emblem as " luminosity "
and check the " Bevel & embross "
here are some results:

with, and without:

it’s a night and day difference :smiley:

it helps to make stand out patches more, and add more details to the text.
looks way more realistic, and slighlty darker.

4 Likes

Thanks, but there’s no need for that yet.

The stress test will open in a couple of hours, you can see most of it

2 Likes