Improving the recoil calculation formula

I thought it was me, because sometimes in games I hit all the shots and sometimes there were games where I missed those same shots in similar situations or similar distances.
I blamed my days of inactivity in the game.

3 Likes

And no one talks about how they changed silently every gun and boosted AI. Gunplay is unfun; kill feed scoreboards look different than they were. Now I’m checking the Colt Monitor and what they did to this gun i cannot understand : )Idk, my muscle memory is noticing the difference between updates especially after leaning nerf update … : ) Gun recoil stats are similar to Alibaba’s clothes stats.

1 Like

I mean, up until the bipod fix; that was about the only effective way to use them. If it does encourage “Rambo-ing” it’s only a normalization, at this point.

1 Like

I would like to see the comments about this feature that no one knew existed.
I think that what you say that takes our opinions into account is a lie because you do whatever you want.
And they always bring things that no one ever asked for, and I’m not saying that’s bad.
But most suggestions are never taken into account.

1 Like

Agree, also the tank and aircraft data, like ammo penetration and the turrent turning speed(they showed this before but they deleted it), need to show up, too.

I do not mind they change data, but I hate they do not show us the data and change it without telling us. For knowing a weapon, I need to try it and feel it, then I can know how the weapon is. I never see a FPS game like this.

1 Like

Great, when are they going to fix the match making?

2 Likes

Devblog of 2021. 9. 21 was about New game mode — Destruction, I remember they didn’t say about this

emmm,gun

hope it also improve tank guns kiiling through hills and whole huge buildings. dont hope to really improve bots to at last dont to be an obstacle when im building something cause its apparently out of your possibilities

Joker - Laugh II
I have never seen pistols that miss their targets at 3m or machine guns that shoot bullets at 80° instantly.
And regarding recoil… this game has the lowest recoil I have ever seen. Only the AKT has actual recoil and that gun is horrible to begin with.
I am pretty sure neither the AVT nor the AVS were that easy to use in real life… speaking of, wasn’t the recoil so bad that the soldiers were not allowed to use the full auto mode?

1 Like

“Bullet dispersion is caused by imperfections in the weapon’s mechanism and the basic laws of physics - a long-barreled bolt-action rifle can fire a single bullet much more accurately than a submachine gun with a shorter barrel with lots of moving components.”

This isn’t how physics works. This isn’t how any of this works. Unless you are using a smoothbore with sub-caliber munitions bouncing around the barrel you aren’t getting bullets leaving the barrel at a 45 degree angle. Is Russian weapon quality so bad that this is how they think firearms should function? The bullet goes where the barrel is pointed.

In theory this is a good idea, except that the randomness kept the script kiddies at bay. Removing the randomness makes recoil much more predictable and therefore we’ll have the same problem Rust has before long, with people able to artificially compensate for recoil with scripts. Terrible idea removing it. It will be a negative change in the long run.

1 Like

So did you fixed completley unrealistic left to right recoil on Browning M1919A4???

I noticed that the recoil mechanism in game was far too sporadic and irregular while firing the G43, both upgraded and stock. I shoot at the walls when I get a weapon in game, I test the bullet spread and dispersion while standing, kneeling, prone and mounted. It helps me determine where and how to aim/control the weapon.

I didn’t know it was random in each different battle. That I could not notice, now it makes sense m.

Could you also improve how visual recoil animation works when aiming? I’ve never seen any shooting games where the movement part was a rear sight while the front sight that supposed to have more movement due to recoil from nearing the muzzle was not moving at all, creating a bizarre movement animation. You can easily notice when shooting pistols.

1 Like

This random recoil feature is what made Enlisted more realistic and unique, setting it apart from other FPS shooters. After playing games like Valorant and Warzone, those who try Enlisted might find recoil randomness quirky and unpalatable – something they might complain about. In fact, it’s not bad; it’s just different and not what they’re used to.

Personally, I don’t mind the random effect. I like the realism that it brings.

Removing this feature is like messing with the game’s DNA; the result could be fine or backfire in a negative way.

I really doubt it will change much so… :+1: okay

I wonder if anyone would have noticed if there wasnt a news post

1 Like

Random margin is one thing.

Such random margin constantly changing every match is another.

question,

can we keep this feature as a node ONLY for mods?

so that, if a modders decide to keep it for their mods they can add it / remove it?

1 Like