Important changes after the second test

Depends on how hard it is to make a B.R system, I’ve heard they had one in the works, Maybe a month or so. at this moment we don’t have a date.

I hope so, it’s far more harmful for a game to release a half-baked feature than to take their time and perfect it. 1-2 more test servers would be optimal imho.

3 Likes

Just why not campaign based PLUS BR based matchmaking? If you have enough players, especially for German and Soviet (and USA for NA server peak hours), you should get enough players to match for both campaign first, then BR matched battles.
If you have too uneven playerbase, nothing will help at all.
BTW, where is the compensate for those who choose to join any team and /or in the weaker side of the match?

2 Likes

I certainly hope it is the case, but look at the wording for allies. Tier 5 USA is in Normandy exclusively. Why not Tunisia as well but with a lower chance? The merge should not hinge on any sense of pseudo-historical accuracy anymore. Let us have fun in all theatres of war with all the available weapons.

Matchmaking

Awesome, back on track!

Feeling relieved.

Stalingrad Engineers

Don’t like the Engineers having access to assault rifles. But if you insist to pleasure this group of sad players I believe this is the greatest compromise/solution (I never had thought of to begin with).
In my opinion.

I would be happy if you restrict the weaponry to this event squad and that they will function as a normal event squad. They get MKb and can’t swap it for StG, etc.

8 Likes

Big sad

There’s definitely equipment available that can make up the difference in mag size. Unless the plan is to also remove the mg34, ppd34, and dp27 from Moscow too, which would be crazy imo Alternatively they could finally ungimp the mp28 and give it the 50rd mag.

Regardless they put new players into separate lobbies, as they’ve said. They should really keep them all funneled in there until they unlock weapons that are somewhat comparable

1 Like

Because the main reason they need to shift to this system is to consolidate the playerbase and put an end to people stacking campaigns. That’s why they said they might further restrict based on BR if the match join times are quick enough that they’re able to without wait times that are too long.

4 Likes

Yes, only with the “hard maximum lock” I proposed. But ppl brains seem to grasp “br” more easily than “maps”. I was expecting their reaction to be honest, so to this, I answer:

Gene_Wilder_as_Willy_Wonka

6 Likes

they did say

whatever that mean

They were referring to how new players get 2-3 matches with other brand new players and bots. After that they are thrown into the deep end.

1 Like

No, these are unrelated parameters, like in War Thunder. The weapon researched on Tier 2 can have battle rating of 3 etc. etc.

1 Like

With 2 queue’s currently planned, which is fair as system will be new and in need of testing on full playerbase, biggest hot topic will be BR 3.

It needs to be strong enaugh to be able to complete with end-game gear, but at the same time not too strong to dominate starter weapons and lead to more anger.

I hope we get more player and more queue’s to better fine tune this system, but for now i’ll be looking forward to seeing how tier 3 will look

3 Likes

Also, I’m pretty against using BR first matchmaking.
If you can’t do it well, just go map/campaign based first.
MOST of players are already used to this system. And at least we can avoid Tigers going to Stalingrad this way.

BTW, dont forget about VG1-5, MP3008. They will NEVER going to the correct campaign EVER!

5 Likes

Yes, that’s why I said earlier they should keep them there until they unlock certain items, not after games played

It means progression assault rifles, ala the MKb (H), MP/43, StG-44, Fedorov, and AS-44. I assume it will also include Gold Order assault rifles as well and it just wasn’t worth mentioning as the main function of the squad.

I’m so happy! Not the worst case scenario!Well, Is this BR mechanism that transforms " М, S, Т, N, B" into " 1, 2, 3, 4, 5" after splitting and cropping work?

If someone has Stalingrad Full Access. When he finish the event. Will he got two?

1 Like

At the first lines of the announcement I was very worried, but alas those SOUND like sensible changes worth a try.

I also think that the Stalingrad engineers solution is a very reasonable compromise.

Looking forward! :+1:

2 Likes

It’s probably going to be stuff like the MG-34, DP-27, MP-40, stick mag PPSh, long barrel Pz. IVs, early T-34s. Tanks will be their biggest useless item in an uptier, but be pretty dominant in a downtier.

With folders they could now easly be added into the game.

As to ppsh, let’s see their plan for how low br will look and see if ppsh fits in that scenario.

Because cosinder this - i’m willing to take gamble on rolling top BR with full PPSh spam squads - they wouldn’t even be bad. And i have chance to roll low BR and just ruin day for those players.

Best case we see third queue for middle tier some day with some in-between gear