Idea for sdkfz 251/9

Maybe the armor is bugged , aim for driver hatch , turret ring or barrel. If T34 is on a decline its obv an auto kill for hull shot since armor is closer to 90 degrees ; so maybe try it before u knock it

I main 251/9 in evey german lineup its avail in; feels perfectly adequate /birderline OP

At the end of the day its a fire support APC/IFV ; smoke and HE are its most useful rounds since ur not actually supposed to be hunting for IS2s with it and complaining about its round when things go south.

I run Calliopies with Smoke at BR5 so for me its a no brainer; i think more ppl should try it

1 Like

Yeah, that’s very much possible. If that’s the case, I apologize. I haven’t played my line up with stummel for quite some time already.

But according to stats, the shell si basically useless. I don’t understand why they haven’t choose to give stummel HEATs.

All good

Im presuming they dont want 4 functional tanks with 75+mm Pen on field at same time. U generally have to be played as a support gun and mostly smoke/ retreat in br4+ currently and that prob wouldnt be the case.

I think Shermans/T34s would be getting pretty 1v2 or 1v4 on a regular basis if that was the case :smirk: :eyes:

I think 251s are super strong as they are

What Germany is actually missing is a fast truck transport; i loose more points to not arriving on scene on time vs lacking firepower

Just give it 12 HEAT shells and nothing more. Since the rounds are going to be very limited, you won’t be effective take a role of tank.
A tanks with of 1 BR lower do have ±30 of those same HEAts with combination of another ±30 APCBC shells.
With higher fire rate, way better armor and turret.

But they gave it 8 rounds which are useful only when playing against lower BRs (aka seal clubbing). That’s extremely duh.
Plus ±20 HE rounds to spam infantry.

They shouldn’t release APC with cannon in the first place. If that’s what so problematic about it. (Which I don’t think so imho.)

2 Likes

If you ask me it shouldn’t be APC at all.
Why 251/9 is APC but US M3 with AA gun is a tank? Clasification of those things is all over the place.
Devs should finally learn worlds like: rule, system, consistency.

If you ask me, stuff like heavy armed halftracks and scout cars should be rider squad thing. Except devs made a briliant move and made this squad locked to lvl1 (lvl2 being APC squad).

1 Like

I think we should have cavalry vehicles (light scout cars/AA with equipped mp rider squads) APCs, tanks and heavy tanks as seperate categories.

Cleaner and allows for more variety

1 Like

I think for now if it has just an MG it should be a Motorized Squad, if it has an auto cannon or light tank gun or an assault gun it should be tank, that means the SD goes to the tank slot

So any armored car with even an auto cannon would be a tank slot, while if it just has an MG like the M3 halftracks it’s a support vehicle, and I don’t mean that the M3 AA becomes a support vehicle I mean the standard variant. If it has any other task besides ferrying infantry make it a tank slot. The tank destroyer variant of the M3 would be a tank slot

I know some may say but SPAA are weak and wasting a tank slot but I view it as with the 2 slots you can choose basically anything and do whatever job you can do

Im not saying we can’t diversify but I prefer simple solutions for the time being. That seems fair

For now the only other vehicle Riders could get is just a car armed with an MG.

It should go down in BR since it’s APHE can’t even pen BR2 tanks since it’s so weak so why it’s at BR3? It should go down in BR2 and get Heat rounds like PZ3N. Put 251/1 and kfz7 at BR1 and 251/9 (with heat rounds) at BR2.

It also needs to have a few more guys in the squad since just 4 soldiers in a single squad is completely inferior to the paid APC (p2w) or even a truck.
imageenlisted_2024-09-16_19-33-34enlisted_2024-09-16_19-33-05

3 Likes

:thinking:
Which BR2 tank can’t be pen

1 Like

I killed some jumbo and M4A2 with 76mm when old BR system forced you back then to fight in BR 5 matches. Pen not bad at all.

Against AC 1 and Matilda you are completely defenceless, even from the side it’s only red or yellow marker.

The best you can do is to pray that rng will bless you with enough pen to hit their mg port or fuel tank.

T-50 and Mk 1/M3 are extremely hard to take out at mid-long ranges since only few spots can be damaged. Crusader’s and T-28E Armor is thin but may tank multiple APHE shells.

And when you get uptiered then it’s a game over vs T-34 and KV-1 spam.

Pen is absolutely dreadful it’s below 40mm and you only killed them because they exposed their weak sides to you, frontally you can only die in a single hit against them. Let’s see how you will do against T-34 or KV-1 or Matilda i’m waiting :slight_smile:

The smoke shells are useful as well, considering the APC spawns infantry and needs means to keep them safer while they storm the point

There indeed are situations when you can blow up a T-34 of any version using the Stummel 75mm cannon (this screenshot shows the event T-34-100), the sloped sid armor can be penetrated from close-to-point-blank and the T-34 has to be perfectly sideways but that also happens iwth the right amount of tactics and a bit of luck.

Well Matilda is terribly slow, has no post pen damage and a BR1 gun.

Seems fair that a low pen BR2 infantry support gun can’t pen it.

I understand but pen ain’t bad its APC not a tank my guy. Called an APC for a reason.

so germans can fight armor in this thing as well on top of annihilating infantry swarms with their fast firing stubby guns? lmao

1 Like

Then remove the gun and give me just mg, it would be lighter and wouldn’t need to worry about not being able to kill tanks anyway.

Well, those are rare premium squad.

T-50 is easy to pen even in far range, even it shows red you can still pen it’s turret and disable the gun.

1 Like

Lower it to BR2 or increase the amount of soldiers to 6 imo