How I Would Rebalance All Weapons

You need to have History as your source for every bullet type within the game and this information after researching needs to be final since History in unable to be reverted after it has already happened.

Step 1: Research the bullet damage by careful peer-reviewing of each countries bullet that the guns of Enlisted showcases. Fact check them to the manufactures with flesh targets, the length of the bullet, thickness, powder usage, anything that makes a bullet… well, a bullet.

Step 2: Take all of this information from bullet to bullet and make a Spreadsheet table.

Step 3: Add all weapons in the game that fits within the same bullet type - every. single. weapon.

Step 4: Format the entire damage values as following

• Bolt-Action Rifles: 150% more damage rate of the bullet
  • Semi-Automatic Rifles: 110%
  • Select-Fire Rifles: 100% (normal damage value)
  • Submachine Guns: 80% (20% less damage of the same bullet)
  • Light-Machine Guns: 90%
  • Shotguns: 300% (since to actually make people want to use them)
  • Pistols: 75%

Anything else count it to 80% as AT weapons and Flamethrowers kept normal.

Step 5: After having these rates being the stock versions of the gun, upgrades that increase it’s potential will all be a maxed rate of 20% more damage, excluding pistols, ATW and Flamethrowers.

Step 6: Please leave a comment on your opinion to this or help promote this system since I am tired of the shadow nerfs on all sides of the game. It is getting ridiculous, can’t we all agree?

3 Likes

I think this is the only one that’s valid as shotguns are still shite everything else doesn’t really need a change in terms of damage. Also seriously reducing the submachine gun damage by 20 percent ? no we don’t need enlisted too turn into cod where it takes 10 bullets too down someone.

The developers just need to redo the other campaigns weaponry like they did with Stalingrad.

5 Likes

Yes we absolutely can. They are constantly nerfing weapons to make others seem better so the result will be a cartoonishly long time to kill if these keeps up. I like your idea as it is based in fact mixed with features to help balance as well.

TTK from all guns should be fast

1 Like

The rates for SMG’s would actually be kept similar to how we have them now. My idea is more balanced around TTK and since SMG’s are obviously faster in firing the same bullet in comparison to a Bolt Action, for example, it should do slightly less damage than the base in terms of balancing. (Granted, at a max level for this said SMG, the result would be normal damage at 100% value)

I don’t like it either - but I have to play both sides of this debate to maybe get the developers on board to such an idea.

(this also would eliminate dumb future problems like more STG variant nerfs and etc. if this was set in stone)

1 Like

I would simply make the drop off of SMG damage significantly more at range as it is a pistol caliber but up close they should obliterate everyone. That is their purpose

2 Likes

Sorry but MG biased me can’t agree.
Machine guns are supposed to hit like trucks BUT at the same time be unwieldy.

5 Likes

This would have been my Step 7 where I go into the distance modifiers, but since that would require doing all the bullet by bullet information (which should be a developers job), I leave that in their hands. Maybe I can cheat and say >10m these rates and -5% to -10% less for each continuous distance?

1 Like

They still would do 110% at max level - this idea is balanced around TTK.

This is also where things like the MP43 would shine as it would retain far more damage at range than an SMG but still carry massive damage up close as well

Sorry but there is really no point in reducing the damage for the smg’s mate. They should be kept at the current damage it would be a pointless change to randomly reduce the damage.

TTK doesn’t mean shit in enlisted where the weapons can kill in just a few hits. This isn’t battlefield or cod we don’t need to base weapons around TTK.

Fuck balancing around TTK it means nothing in enlisted when you can kill a guy with one shot with the most basic rifle.

Exactly, since Darkflow wants to go with a new Assault Rifle category, these weapons would follow slightly different protocols with its distance drop-off debuffs.

1 Like

Then we should just make all weapons do 20.0 damage base and watch the world burn.

Hmm… would be a good April Fools event for 2023.

I get that but imo SA rifles and MGs doing the same damage (like they do now) is actually a decent idea.
It’s realistic enough and ballanced enough so I don’t see a reason to change it tbh.

PPSh drum enters the chat

Dont MGs hit slightly less? I want to say my BAR does 13 maxed but most SAs do 14

Don’t really need that either.

I think the devs knocked the nail on the head with there weapon overhaul in Stalingrad everything just feels right if anything the other campaigns should be made the same as the weapon rework on that campaign.

I mean stock. Upgraded may be different.

I get that… but without a set in stone way of how bullets damage values, the developers can instantly say that LMGs are now half damage tomorrow.

I simply want the devs to be consistent on WHY they do what they do. But alas, that is impossible.

I find the fact they increased recoil on semis to be the most negative thing out of it. I despise the fact they keep nerfing them

Well, this would have obvious balance issues.
And still, what are you goona base the damages off of? Like, what will be your ‘basic weapon’ Which you will use to define what damage the rest do based off scale.
And how exactly will you scale them? Cause in reality, a single bullet usually kills. So if you don’t want that, you’ll need to find a way to not make low caliber bullets useless.
Idk, just feel like it wouldn’t work.

I feel like it would be better for the damage values to make sense, but also be balanced. So basically take the current system, and adjust a few guns to make sense.