How did they get Stalingrad so wrong?

Where did it go wrong?

I mean…I see the resemblance? Obviously all I have seen of Stalingrad is cinema so the minor details isnt something I generally would have known.

The one thing I was expecting though was for it to be a lot darker and more gritty. The Sky line seems to calm to me haha. Was expecting a darker tone (perhaps like the zombie event thats just been LOLOL)

4 Likes

Agree. That comparison of one pic vs screenshot isn’t, in my opinion, supporting the argument at all. They look more than similar enough for a video game to me. I appreciate authenticity but this looks fine to me.

8 Likes

looks pretty good to me?

3 Likes

2 Likes

One of my only gripes with stalingrad is the fact that we got no sewers and tunnels. It would have been great opportunity to introduce underground warfare

4 Likes

I shouldn’t have to say hopefully but, lol, hopefully we get more Stalingrad maps in the future, and just maps for the other existing campaigns as well.

Of coarse don’t get me wrong it will be great to get maps for new locales as well, but I look at all maps equally.

So yes, more maps

3 Likes

well,

the closed windows are for balance reasons.

otherwise i’m not sure how much fun would have been with wide open windows like the others levels.

as for the rest, pretty accurate. i might say

2 Likes

Minor deviations are more than acceptable, even Red Orchestra 2 maps were imperfect.

3 Likes

Come with me, and you’ll be in a world of pure imagination

Missing stairways, missing buildings, missing streets, and a missing train basement

Take a look, and you’ll see

Into what could’ve been greatness

Blueprints tell no lies

1 Like

There is supposed to be a stairway that leads up to the upper floors where the circle is. There is also another that should’ve been on the other side of the building, going from the basement to the upper floors. I could also bring up the windows, but that is pretty obvious.

1 Like

This map is based on the German assault, not the German defense. There were bricked-up windows on the right until it became German HQ.

There are no flanks in the Univermag building in Enlisted when going upstairs. Only one way up and two ways down. In RO2 I had three ways of going up and two going down.

In my honest opinion, pretty accurate

There is also the gameplay part one must consider. Cover, routes etc etc.

Imo:
Looks good? Yes
Looks accurate enough? Yes
Does provide gameplay routes? Yes
Feels like stalingrad? Yes

Still one of my fav maps to play on.
I still enlisted maps to be top notch for a fps game.

5 Likes

Forcing an attacking team up one stairway to get to the upper floor is not balanced at all, especially when it is right in front of the enemy spawn.

1 Like

well thankfully not everyone is as stupid and knows theres multiple ways to breach

because it was a failed campaign, i really wanted to main this campaign and even spend money for the first time in this game for the access. But the whole paid level thing was a failure so only few people played it. They seriously need to focus more on maps/locations as new contents for older and new campaigns than releasing “new” mechanics and gimmick squads. We have an “Ardennes” campaign only 2 maps.

2 Likes

Detective

Not even by a long shot. Berlin is closer to being Stalingrad than Stalingrad.

im actually confused, we are talking this building right? i can count 9 ways to enter it, maybe 11

1 Like