Historical inaccuracy society

Source?

Its all irrelevant.

Source + No Polish campaign

So still not historical

Probably M1A1 as the US changed their existing M1s into M1A1 in 1943.

you mean used in winter war after taken from storage?

During the 1939–1940 Soviet–Finnish war, an acute lack of individual automatic weapons led to the reintroduction of the stockpiled Fedorovs into service. They were sent to the Karelian front, mostly to military intelligence units. It is presumed that most of the Fedorov Avtomats were expended or destroyed during that war

considering that only 7000 guns were made it is unrealistic to assume that every soldier in normandy and berlin is equipped with fg42 even if that is the case.

still relevant for HA people. cause moscow will always be moscow for them and not non descript village on east front.

1 Like

doesnt matter for moscow if it was used in 1942 or 1943. would still be inaccurate.

Yes I’m saying it’s inaccurate even for Stalingrad.

Can you find that story? That sounds like a good read.

The Ka Mi saw Combat, the Ka Chi did not. The Type Hei and Ostu rifles were also both on Okinawa, and Japanese SMGs are a but fucky as the Type 100 was the only standard issue for thr army, but Type 1s and Type 2s found their way into combat somehow. The imported stuff was also used by the Navy, but less because well they are the navy.

1 Like

A few more items

• P38Gs were withdrawn from Europe by summer of 1944
  • The M3 Stuart is incorrectly named and is actually an M3A1
  • All American tanks with the 75mm gun in US service (M4A2, Jumbo, Chaffee) should be issued with APCBC instead of solid shot
  • M1918 and M1918A1 were both not issued to any US serviceman during the war.

We can dream

Some soldiers got the older M1918s (M1918, M1918a1) because the new M1918A2 wasn’t super available (this was due to a ton of issues), so some people got stuck with the older ones.

heck it could barely even bounce a 75mm long at those ranges :slight_smile: , not even IS-2

1 Like

No, by 1942 they had gotten around to giving everyone who should have had a BAR an M1918A2 because they converted their old BARs into the A2, even the Marines. They just might not have gotten the A2 as you know it because they were not able to keep up production on wood stocks on new ones, and started producing the polymer stock you know and love to compensate for that.

I know… But mentioning this, I’d never hear the end of it from mains, or they’d call me anti soviet (even thought Soviets is a faction I love)…

1 Like

It was only used around Leningrad, and 42-43 in the Caucasus - but it was based at Moscow for a while in mid-late 1942 while being transferred between those 2 fronts:

given enough obliquity, yeah, it probably could.

but not as easily as in enlisted!

wwiiequipment.com has a calculator that gives a nice colorful presentation of vulnerability - but it assumes that you hit teh side if the angle is too steep from the front - eg you can’t get a glance off the front plate at 80 degrees, because it will assume that shot hits the side - but even with that the T34/85 hull shows the effects of angles vs KWK42 APCBC-

MG34 MG42 and MG45 should have non desintegrating belt and should have the same reload time.
Also MG42 (and I think MG45 too) rof is too low. (Based on 2nd hand sources I saw.)
Also also no single fire on MG34.

MG131 wasn’t stndard heer HMG.

MG15 wasn’t LMG used by infantry. And from what I understand is should overheat very quickly.

Soldiers didn’t cheer when everybody around was dying. (At least not as often as in enlisted).

Only two tanks on the battlefield. If I remember correctly the smallest organisational unit in US consisted of 3 tanks.
Not to mention size of the battlefield and tank/infantry ratio.

1 Like

Not exactly. Inaccuracy in full-auto fire was a consequence of hard recoil. In semi-auto mode it was accurate enough.

1 Like

The way I read that is T-34-85 cant bounce the panther from any angle up till a very small chance at 600 out to 1000 meters and from only 2 specific angles. At 200-600 meters its boned at whatever angle, and mostly boned out to a km

I must admit, I’m not 100% sure how to read that, you can perhaps correct me

And yes, it would be a miss shot or stray round too shoot front plate at 80 degree

In any case, this belongs in the Historical Inaccuracy Society as it is not so in Enlisted.

AVT-40 Testing Report.
“In addition, it was found to be less accurate that the Mosin-Nagant in semiauto and less accurate than the PPSH-4 and PPS-43 in full auto.”

1 Like

And it probably didnt get more dispersion while shooting

2 Likes