HE Splash is noticeably inconsistent

Direct hit HE shell to the ass. He survived, started walking, stepped on an AP mine and died.

4 Likes

My point is if the HE shell explodes, the splash should always be effective within it’s radius.

In reality:

High explosive shells typically rely on a combination of impact and a triggering mechanism to explode upon hitting a soft surface. Here’s a simplified explanation of the process:

1. Impact: When the shell strikes the soft surface, the impact triggers the explosive material within the shell to initiate the detonation process. This impact can provide the initial shock needed to start the explosion.
  2. Detonation Mechanism: High explosive shells often contain a detonator or a fuse that is designed to activate upon impact. This detonator is connected to the main explosive charge inside the shell. When triggered, it sets off a rapid chemical reaction within the explosive material, leading to a sudden and violent release of energy.
  3. Explosion: The explosive material rapidly decompresses and releases a large amount of energy in the form of heat, pressure, and a shockwave. This explosion can cause significant damage to the soft surface and its surroundings, depending on the size and power of the shell.

In summary, high explosive shells explode on soft surfaces due to a combination of impact and a triggering mechanism that initiates the detonation of the explosive material contained within the shell.

And tank wrecks as well. At least if my memory serves me correctly.

1 Like

Well

Thats impresive, like the mortar x plane kill

I’ve only downed a plane 1 time with a mortar. But it’s because it was flying low, and the mortar hit the roof a building it was flying by. lol

1 Like

Anyways, their more likely to add 17th century muskets before attempting to fix this.

If anyone wants to play.

What’s more impressive, is that the soldier survived 30+ MG shots plus 1 HE shell in the ass.

BTW I didnt take this shot, it’s from somebody elses YT video I posted above as example.
I watched his replay.
Makes things more confusing.
In the replay, the second HE shell doesnt hit at all, flies over the soldiers head, but in the YT video we clearly see a hit marker on the soldier from that shot.

But I do see the MG rounds hit and the HE shell to the butt.
After that, he walks away, triggers an AP mine and dies.

1 Like

May I just say… I do love your choice of factions and how much you play them.
Cultured is what you are!

Cultured lol. I’m scared of Japanese, I don’t feel like they get a fair chance because of the limited options they have from the start.

I don’t know about low BRs, but they’re still dominating 8/10 BR5 matches.

Pro tip when firing HE:
Never shoot at wood, rubble, soft ground.
Avoid shooting at tank wrecks, sandbags, at the ground.
Its best to hit infantry with your HE shell for maximum effect,solid walls are also good targets, but once again never wooden surfaces.

1 Like

When dropping 500lb bombs from Boston, I don’t expect wood to save tank, it might not be an intentional nerf, but something is up!

1 Like

I have a similar ratio to yours - 5 Japanese matches, most of them when I first started and the “join any faction” box was checked b/c I didn’t know better. LOL

I actually don’t mind playing the Japanese, but it IS hard to work up factions as it is, and doing them all from scratch can… kill the soul. So, I decided to focus on the Allies and then started playing more and more of the Russians as a changeup when I go on a five game losing streak as the Americans playing BR1-2 against Germans who have 70% generals on their team.

Am impressed with your winning percentage! Are you on the US servers? (I play US servers, BR1-2 for everyone but Germans who I play with BR5 b/c I bought a bunch of stuff while it was on sale a month ago…)

this seems like some kind of server desync. cant be explained otherwise…

not all desync is shown with icons.

damage model for these need to change… it is kinda stupid for them to absorb so much HE damage.

2 Likes

I’m more focused on the thread crying about the “paywalling” and the game being pay 2 win. Which is false lol. I have no premium squads, and I obviously do fine.

Yeah HE damage is damn unreliable, it was always this way. But I noticed it helps if you aim at the ground next to the enemy instead of walls or other objects. Sometimes you hit a fence with 88mm HE round and a dude sitting 1m away don’t even notice anything.

1 Like

If everyone could do me a huge favor to get this issue fixed, go to this link and click “I HAVE SAME ISSUE” we need a lot of ppl to do it, to keep the issue bumped.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/enlisted/i/UvG4jZEZCOjm

1 Like