HE Splash is noticeably inconsistent

Does anyone else notice that HE Shells fail to cause splash damage at times? I will hit a room full of enemy and kill all of them one moment, then the shells fail the next in the same exact scenario. This happens through out all HE shells for every military, and includes AT guns not just HE from tank shells.

7 Likes

Yesterday on YT I saw gameplay from a tank with HE shells hitting an infantry man at long range TWICE without killing him (white hit marker but no kill LOL).

4 Likes

Yeah, I noticed. Since it has been always like that as far as I can remember.

1 Like

its possible they bound MG to tank cannon aswell.

I have done that myself. So when you fire I often get a hit marker from the MG, but can still miss with the cannon round.

other than that, HE can skip/bounce or get soaked up by some surfaces.

1 Like

He doesnt have that.

I just rewatched the video, it’s even worse. :laughing:
The soldier first takes 30+ MG hits and goes down wounded, then takes a HE shell, stands up (I’m fine!) and then takes another HE shell and survives that too.

Here is that moment: https://youtu.be/a8dtAewSh4Q?t=980

7 Likes

Okay, so I’m not crazy. I guess anyone that reads this should join me, and file their own individual bug report. I bought the RU tank that has missile pods, that thing is completely useless lol.

2 Likes

IF we jointly report it and harass them. Maybe they will fix it to some degree.

2 Likes

lol thats a new one (for me anyway)

3 Likes

Agreed, Soviet rocket tank is nerfed to the ground.

Bombs also feel inconsistent

2 Likes

Nothing out of the ordinary. Another day in this buggy, and what have you, game.

And this inconsistency makes things like IS2 strange to use. But I have two 100mm now, so why care.

1 Like

he had no icons in top right screen to be having desync?

1 Like

Constant desync, in most matches. I only notice that when I use HE in a building on infantry, and it takes a few seconds before they actually die. But I think that’s just the notification, and they died on impact. Can’t really see because of the smoke. Could probably check on a replay.

If enough people mention it, they will try and fix it. But who knows what that will do if they make it unbalanced or mess something up lol. Kind of scary to ask them to fix things because of that.

1 Like

No icons.
Just watch the scene and LOL

People complain about kamikaze planes, but from the other side of the stick it’s super annoying when you somehow don’t bust tanks despite dropping within arms reach from them.

2 Likes

It reminds me of those vids, where s1 puts whole clip into s1, (the ones that get removed from forum pretty quickly) and they just get up and shoot you, suss in my book.
would of been nice to spec that player, wonder if he did? lol

Do you remember when Bombs had a massive kill radius?

4 Likes

Do you remember when Bombs had a massive kill radius?

The amount of times I see bombs go off near infantry and don’t even get hit markers is insane, let alone tank HE shells having a 50% chance to do nothing at all

1 Like

Yes, I think wood absorbs a lot of HE

Just try to hit enemy bodies

Direct hit HE shell to the ass. He survived, started walking, stepped on an AP mine and died.

4 Likes