Having issues with bomb planting and engineers building tool

Please add three ` before text and after it. Or two if you want add it for line. You can quote some my message and see structure.

It’s not visible because it requires some squad upgrades.

But you can unlock it for everyone. For that need edit building__requireUnlockId.

Uh… Well… I’m too confused now. No need add this code right now. Usually sandbag_wall_mg_preview already have mg 42 on it.

Maybe you just didn’t saw it in list, because it was locked?

uk_building_tool_gun is too for usa army. Try to edit it?

Also are you upload scene.blk or zip file?

“additiveBuildings:array”{

"sandbags_wall_mg"{
  template:t="builded_stationary_mg42_with_autodetach"
  tm:m=[[-1.62921e-07, 0.0, 1.0] [0.0119619, 0.999928, 1.94885e-09] [-0.999928, 0.0119619, -1.62909e-07] [-0.210993, 1.01037, -0.72921]]
  additiveUp:p3=0.0, 1.0, 0.0

}
}

sandbags_wall_mg{
_override:b=yes
building_builder__maxTimeToBuild:r=5.0
building_menu__text:t=“Mg_position”
building__requireUnlockId:i=-1
}

That’s the way i have set it up. wrong?

Yeah not getting the mg when building…

Scene.blk directly from usergamemods

Talking about ` i meant use three for big code like here:
Or for two for line like here: image.

For unlock it you need edit sandbags_wall_mg_preview, like here:

Why? Because sandbags_wall_mg is final result, but it’s not thing/preview that you build.

You will need upload zip if you want upload mod with entities. For that need click on ToolboxBuild CommandsBuild Zip. After that you will able see zip file in userGameMods.

OH! Thank you thank you.

1 Like

usa_building_tool_gun{

“buildingLimits:list”{
item:i=1
item:i=3
item:i=6
item:i=2
}

"previewTemplate:list<t>"{
item:t="usa_rallypoint_preview"
item:t="czech_hedgehog_a_preview"
item:t="barbedwire_engineer_a_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_2_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_8_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_5_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_6_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_browning_m2_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_1_preview"
item:t="cannon_us_20mm_polsten_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_3_preview"

}
}

uk_building_tool_gun{

“buildingLimits:list”{
item:i=2
}

"previewTemplate:list<t>"{
item:t="usa_rallypoint_preview"
item:t="czech_hedgehog_a_preview"
item:t="barbedwire_engineer_a_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_2_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_8_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_5_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_6_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_browning_m2_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_1_preview"
item:t="cannon_us_20mm_polsten_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_3_preview"

}
}

So this is what i am using on the USA side with no success in the actual mission in game as far as entities… Any suggestions on what it could be thats preventing it? I used the zip file as you explained to me.

Okay thank you that worked and makes sense now

Your right it did, i was mixing up another preview so mg position is now working in the editor at least, thank you.

1 Like

Also, i read in this article/question Rally point distance and respawn time trade off that you cant change rally point distance from objective??? is that true?

Also, I noticed that there was an annoying issue with the battle areas. Can the battle areas overlap each other? Im finding that even though the objective has been taken, and it wants you to advance to the next one, your still gonna die as it recognizes you in the previous battle area?

I was hoping to add an mg42 to “sanbags_wall_5” so it sits as seen in the image… is such a thing possible?

what the actual mission in game gives me which is not the same

You can change it. In testing mode you can set preview and then in editor mode check properties.

Available area for build may be different. It depends on capture point types.

…Yes? I usually use only poly battle areas.

Probably you didn’t set correctly groupNames? Or it’s instantly disappear after you capture point? I’m sorry if misunderstood you…

Y-yeah. It’s possible to do. For that you will need to make seperate entity or edit sandbags_wall_5 and add something like it:

You also can edit sandbags_wall_5_preview, but need replace builded_stationary_mg42_with_autodetach by stationary_mg42_building_additive_preview.

And… Sorry. Currently I can’t help with mg position (with tm and additiveUp properties). “Lastest one box” contains info about position. First three relate rotation and scale.

Weird. I’ll recheck it a bit later. But probably you didn’t edit some engineer tools?

uk_rallypoint_preview{
building_builder_minDistanceToCapturePoints:r=100
}

I though that would do it but no, still able to build closer. i was able to edit the preview of what i was building but it never saves?

…sandbags_wall_5_preview{
building_builder__maxTimeToBuild:r=7.0
building_menu__text:t=“sandbag_position”
}

"item:object"{
  template:t="stationary_mg42_building_additive_preview"
  tm:m=[[-1.62921e-07, 0.0, 1.0] [0.0119619, 0.999928, 1.94885e-09] [-0.999928, 0.0119619, -1.62909e-07] [-0.210993, 1.01037, -0.72921]]

}
}…

so this?

Artillery cooldown seems to be an issue as well… cant find any forums on extending the cooldown

Hmmm… Try to edit other preview?

Yeah. It’s have [Genereated]. It means that object will be not saved in scene. And anyways… It will not affect to previews.

Is… Pain to read this code. Looks like yes, but it’s not inside sandbags_wall_5_preview, because you closed body after building__requireUnlockId:i=-1. I mean that you need move

to after latest

Talking about code.

Almost right, but use `

Well… Yeah. You can edit it. IIRC cooldowns are in enlisted_player.

Also you can give to team more artillery slots. For that need edit artillery properties in team entities (you can do it in editor).

‘’’
sandbags_wall_5_preview{

}
}
‘’’

Sorry bro i dont understand the code thing with … and ’

so the above code gives me an error and cant load editor. im guessing thats wrong too

You forgot add }. So code will probably looks like:

sandbags_wall_5_preview{

"additiveBuildings:array"{
    }
  }
}

Talking about ` you did it almost right in this code:

Well… It should looks like here (screenshot):

so tried this, but now i cant spawn squads in test mode apparently… no active squads are visible to respawn…

The mg42 did show up on the preview but did not spawn on the sandbags. It was also just off to the right too much… which numbers change its position to center it more?

Ah. You can edit enlisted_player only in entities. I meant only artillery limit you can edit in editor.

0.o

…Well… Try to remove enlisted_player and do restart?

You need also edit sandbags (not preview).

Well… It’s probably: tm:m=[[...] [...] [...] [x, z, y]]. So probably you need a bit decrease first number in “latest box”.