Having issues with bomb planting and engineers building tool

Hoping Devenddar would be able to help with this one.

Ive been making considerable progress with Tommy’s help with modding a mission. I have run into three issues that cant seem to get past without help.

1. Everything visually is correct as far as objectives with bomb sites, however cannot plant bombs as no prompt too at bomb site.

2. While I can build additional objects in the engineers tool, I cant build a vehicle as no preview comes up though i can see it is there in the building tool. (also can you only build 9 items? anyway to add?

3. Additional to the engineer tool problem, seems that I cant build when playing the mission/mod on customs servers. It shows thats its outside battle area when clearly in the battle area?

Help much appreciated

Hmmm… Try to use bomb_site_zone_chained_box or bomb_site_zone_chained_sphere. And edit properties:

• capzone__bombTemplate should contain bomb_site and another templates. For example: bomb_site+bomb_site_radar_hardware_animchar_05_without_antenna

• capzone__mustBeCapturedByTeam & capzone__plantingTeam = attack team.

• capzone__checkAllZonesInGroup should be enabled.

You can edit plant / disarm / explode timers in capzone__timeToPlant / capzone__timeToDefuse / capzone__timeToExplosion.

Probably you used wrong entities for preview or not use preview version?
Here is code:

gaz_67_preview{
  _use:t="base_animchar_builder_preview"
  animchar__res:t="pv_gaz_67_char"
  collres__res:t="pv_gaz_67_collision"
  instantiateTemplate:t="gaz_67"
  avaliableAngles:p2=-30.0, 30.0
  buildingSoundTag:t="cannon"
  building_menu__text:t="GAZ 67"
  building_menu__image:t="map_icon_car"
  building_builder__maxTimeToBuild:r=15.0
  building_builder__maxUnderwaterDistance:r=0.5
  requiredSpaceAboveObjectOffset:r=0.5
  requiredSpaceAboveObject:r=5.0
  buildingDistance:r=3.5
  buildingCost:r=15.0
  savePreviewTeam:b=yes
}

And you need add gaz_67_preview to engineer tool previewTemplate property.

Not only. It’s probably unlimit. For increase options you need edit previewTemplate (it’s list<t> property) and buildingLimits (list<i>).

Code for engineer hammer:

Yes. I removed some lines.

ger_normandy_building_tool_award_gun{
  _override:b=yes

"previewTemplate:list<t>"{
    template:t="ammunition_box_a_preview"
    template:t="czech_hedgehog_a_preview"
    template:t="barbedwire_engineer_a_preview"
    template:t="sandbags_wall_2_preview"
    template:t="cannon_germ_20mm_flak38_preview"
    template:t="cannon_ussr_towed_at_53k_preview"
    template:t="cannon_germ_towed_at_pak38_preview"
    template:t="sandbags_wall_mg_preview"
    template:t="sandbags_wall_2_preview"
  }

"buildingLimits:list<i>"{
    limit:i=100
  }
}

Note: limit depends on first squad with engineer hammer. And you need to override engineer tool entity.

If you need to lock some structures only for special squads (upgrades) then add building__requireUnlockId to preview entity.

• 1 is for engineer squad (if you have anti-air upgrade).
  • 2 - engineer & anti-tank squad (anti-tank).
  • 3 - engineer squad (stationary MG).
  • 4 - probably engineer & flamethrower squads (ampulomet).
  • 5 - machinegunner squad (stationary HMG).

Would be nice to see more info about it. Maybe you didn’t add battle area?

Sorry, I meant in the selections wheel. in that picture it shows heaps of options, how do you make that possible? also engineer tool entity ? cant find it in the editor

Using entities.blk.

Is clickable. Code is for entities.blk files.

You can find them in all. If you want make it pickable then you need add +item_in_world in Template Postfix area and then create entity with …_tools_item/…_award_item in name.

Hi Devenddar, I appreciate all the help.

To let you know where i’m at. The bomb planting issue has been solved. And I have achieved a way of overwriting previews that initiate another object in order to build a vehicle. Thanks goodness

The next thing im trying to do is get additional building fortifications (not building limits as you mentioned) but being able to build more than 9 different fortifications as that seems to be the limit on the wheel. ie the picture above. Should be able to get some photos through

The other thing is, creating an mg position that actual has a stationary mg on it. As upon building the mg position example (sandbags_wall_mg) is does not have the stationary mg with it.

1 Like

Okay so, I am now able to build in battle area, unsure what changed though. But how does one transfer the blk. file (entities) into the scene correctly? as i tested on custom servers and was not able to see the edited engineer tools? Thanks again

Sorry if i misunderstood you…

The limit isn’t 9. I just lazily copied and pasted it. They’re just same buildings. If you need edit images then need edit building_menu__image property in preview entity.

For that you will need add and edit additiveBuildings in entity that you set in instantiateTemplate and for preview version (for this version it should use preview version, for example stationary_mg42_building_additive_preview).

"additiveBuildings:array"{

"item:object"{
      template:t="builded_stationary_mg42_with_autodetach"
      tm:m=[[-1.62921e-07, 0.0, 1.0] [0.0119619, 0.999928, 1.94885e-09] [-0.999928, 0.0119619, -1.62909e-07] [-0.210993, 1.01037, -0.72921]]
      additiveUp:p3=0.0, 1.0, 0.0
    }
  }

Code for sandbags_wall_mg.

It’s automatically transfers into scene. Like in editor. You will able see new entities in Create Entities and use them. Or they will be updated if you added _override:b=yes in entity template code.

Also… Talking about mg. By default it have building__requireUnlockId = 3. Which disable building if engineer & squad don’t have stationary mg upgrade. But you can unlock it. For that need override entity and set property to -1.

sandbags_wall_mg_preview{
  building__requireUnlockId:i=-1
}

Talking about engineer hammer. Probably you will need edit all of them. I don’t know which one is used in the latest version of the game, after campaign merge.

For example:
“previewTemplate:list”{
item:t=“ger_rallypoint_preview”
item:t=“czech_hedgehog_a_preview”
item:t=“barbedwire_engineer_a_preview”
item:t=“sandbags_wall_2_preview”
item:t=“sandbags_wall_3_preview”
item:t=“sandbags_wall_8_preview”
item:t=“sandbags_wall_5_preview”
item:t=“sandbags_wall_6_preview”
item:t=“sandbags_wall_mg_preview”
item:t=“sandbags_wall_10_preview”
item:t=“cannon_germ_flak38_flakvierling_preview”
}
}

This is my how many I have in the preview templates but in the editor, the flak is not visible in the building tools. Am i missing something? How can i edit the engineer tool to add more options? that is what i meant sorry

Ill be honest, im a little confused about this. I have just copy and pasted that entity into the entities.blk but still no mg. is it different code for the sandbags_wall_mg?

Thank you ill try again overriding all engineer tools and see if i can use them there

So i realised that the usa have only one building tool gun and im still not able to build what i can in the editor… So am i missing something? Is correct below? or do i need to add something else in order to play in the game?

usa_building_tool_gun{

“buildingLimits:list”{
item:i=1
item:i=3
item:i=6
item:i=2
}

item:t="usa_rallypoint_preview"
item:t="czech_hedgehog_a_preview"
item:t="barbedwire_engineer_a_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_2_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_3_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_8_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_5_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_6_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_browning_m2_preview"
item:t="sandbags_wall_1_preview"
item:t="cannon_us_20mm_polsten_preview"

}
}

Please add three ` before text and after it. Or two if you want add it for line. You can quote some my message and see structure.

It’s not visible because it requires some squad upgrades.

But you can unlock it for everyone. For that need edit building__requireUnlockId.

Uh… Well… I’m too confused now. No need add this code right now. Usually sandbag_wall_mg_preview already have mg 42 on it.

Maybe you just didn’t saw it in list, because it was locked?

uk_building_tool_gun is too for usa army. Try to edit it?

Also are you upload scene.blk or zip file?

“additiveBuildings:array”{

"sandbags_wall_mg"{
  template:t="builded_stationary_mg42_with_autodetach"
  tm:m=[[-1.62921e-07, 0.0, 1.0] [0.0119619, 0.999928, 1.94885e-09] [-0.999928, 0.0119619, -1.62909e-07] [-0.210993, 1.01037, -0.72921]]
  additiveUp:p3=0.0, 1.0, 0.0

}
}

sandbags_wall_mg{
building_builder__maxTimeToBuild:r=5.0
building_menu__text:t=“Mg_position”
building__requireUnlockId:i=-1
}

That’s the way i have set it up. wrong?

Yeah not getting the mg when building…

Scene.blk directly from usergamemods

Talking about ` i meant use three for big code like here:
Or for two for line like here: image.

For unlock it you need edit sandbags_wall_mg_preview, like here:

Why? Because sandbags_wall_mg is final result, but it’s not thing/preview that you build.

You will need upload zip if you want upload mod with entities. For that need click on ToolboxBuild CommandsBuild Zip. After that you will able see zip file in userGameMods.

OH! Thank you thank you.

1 Like

usa_building_tool_gun{

}

}
}

uk_building_tool_gun{

}

}
}

So this is what i am using on the USA side with no success in the actual mission in game as far as entities… Any suggestions on what it could be thats preventing it? I used the zip file as you explained to me.

Okay thank you that worked and makes sense now

Your right it did, i was mixing up another preview so mg position is now working in the editor at least, thank you.

1 Like

Also, i read in this article/question Rally point distance and respawn time trade off that you cant change rally point distance from objective??? is that true?

Also, I noticed that there was an annoying issue with the battle areas. Can the battle areas overlap each other? Im finding that even though the objective has been taken, and it wants you to advance to the next one, your still gonna die as it recognizes you in the previous battle area?

I was hoping to add an mg42 to “sanbags_wall_5” so it sits as seen in the image… is such a thing possible?

what the actual mission in game gives me which is not the same

You can change it. In testing mode you can set preview and then in editor mode check properties.

Available area for build may be different. It depends on capture point types.

…Yes? I usually use only poly battle areas.

Probably you didn’t set correctly groupNames? Or it’s instantly disappear after you capture point? I’m sorry if misunderstood you…

Y-yeah. It’s possible to do. For that you will need to make seperate entity or edit sandbags_wall_5 and add something like it:

You also can edit sandbags_wall_5_preview, but need replace builded_stationary_mg42_with_autodetach by stationary_mg42_building_additive_preview.

And… Sorry. Currently I can’t help with mg position (with tm and additiveUp properties). “Lastest one box” contains info about position. First three relate rotation and scale.

Weird. I’ll recheck it a bit later. But probably you didn’t edit some engineer tools?