Grenadier class

As the name implies the class would specialize in grenade, thrown and rifle. We could also add AT grenades to the game. Perhaps add a sniper rifle with rifle grenade launcher allowing precision long range explosives. Future players would not be allowed to have rifleman use grenade launchers instead limiting to the grenadier class. Perhaps even limiting non-Grenadiers to two grenades, with only grenadiers getting four.

Aside from a new class it would avoid grenade spam the game can suffer from. Tanks might now and then leave the gray zone if each squad can’t hold up to tens of tnt bundles. It would also be a call back to the historical grenadier of the Napoleonic era. If anyone has other class ideas or anything to add to a grenadier class do so below.

AT grenades should definitely be added BUT they should not be restricted to a “Grenadier class”. They could just be yet another grenade type to choose from

Now Grenadiers do sound like an interesting idea for the new class, yet another specialized Riflemen. Maybe unlike 9 Riflemen squad, Grenadiers are much smaller

2 Likes

More toxic explosive spam :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Yes EP needs changed and the other grenades need limited cuz I bet most 9 man squads didn’t run in with a bunch of TNT and frags.

3 Likes

I actually like this a lot. I would possibly keep at grenade launcher with at gunners and grenadier for all other grenade launcher and throwers.

Having a grenade specific to a class in not sure if, however having a class with an upgrade to existing grenade could be appealing. I think I would rather have event/gold order grenades for that purpose.

Could have it upgrade explosion packs with increased blast radius, or extra fragmentation etc.

Would also free up riflemen to be that big squad as the main draw (maybe increase riflemen squad size even)

4 Likes