Germany needs a 100 Round LMG

germans not having KT isnt the same as every nation having weapons with exactly same performance. there is difference between comparable weapons like e.g. kar98k and springfield, or gewehr 43 and garand/svt40 and introducing unique OP vehicle that doesnt have comparable counterpart.

you know that germans had non disintegrating belts, while americans had disintegrating belts? problem wasnt in input, but in output.

in run and gun way that >90% of people use all MG-s now. you want it to be used in stationary way with loads of ammo? voyo’s suggestion takes care of that. or we nerf it and make all 100 rounds MG-s perform the same.

not really

and you are not even using MG-s so it is irrelevant. at least he is using them.

first picture is on 30m, second on 50m and last one is on 100m meters. this is dispersion only. both have pretty much comparable accuracy on most common engagement distances.

yes 2x ammo to compensate for misses against MG that is 2-3 times easier to control and with easier control you can aim more accurately and put those bullets inside enemy not actually needing 2x ammo.

dont they have 3 mg-s with 75 rounds? they are somewhat worse than mg42 though.

1 Like

quite sure there aint same performance outside of BA’s. So still not exactly understanding ur logic.

Well it does, you just have to shoot the cupola.
Or use the cas that is by far superior to any other nation ( murrica )

Oh no, and how many people uses LMG these days ? Vickers paras and perhaps some sorry lad that havent yet figured that those LMG’s are useless.

Dont really care, considering the bipods have been broken now for years. Easiest way to make it somewhat functional is just simply give it the 100 belt.

Dont really care, if we’re going for wolfenstein style then sure. Everyone got the same.

Sure they have, all the shermans for example are faster than either tiger 2.

And ? Because I dont use something due to it being useless others shouldnt be able to use it either ?

So the vickers is better due to fact you can just jump on cqc with it and skip the long range entirely ?

I never was really good at math but 75 doesnt sound like 100.
And mg34’s with 75 has horrible sights.

1 Like

not same, but comparable. e.g. pz 4 H and t34 have comparable performance where both can destroy each other without aiming for pixels and their ROF is pretty close. they aint same tanks, but they have close enough performance, thus comparable. KT closes counter is is2 which has 3x reload of KT and thus shouldnt have been introduced into the game.

yes go for pixel shot which i dont even know if it kills in one shot.

countering KT is not the topic. i guess your next argument would be just flank it?

doesnt matter if people use it or not. currently mg42 is balanced with 50 rounds and mg34 with 75 rounds. vickers is balanced with high vertical and horizontal recoil, m1919a6 is balanced with low ROF, DP27 is balanced with high recoil and low ROF, while rd-44 is balanced with lower damage and slower ROF while having better recoil.

relevant stat exactly how? neither you can flank on most maps, nor you can use speed cause of obstacles and not to mention that speed is nerfed on all tanks.

just to make you happy, sure.

others? when you basically said that opinion of user of those MG is irrelevant. you are for giving more ammo so that LMG can be used in stationary way like “LMG-s were supposed to be used” and parrot wanted 100rounds MG for cqc. balancing for those 2 tasks is vastly different.

cause it ruins your math about having 2times ammo for miss compensation while at the same time being 2 times easier to control.

combined with the fact that outside of KT sovjets have technically everything better from inf weapons to cas. I dont really see why not.

Its funny how arguably buffing one of the most useless classes machinegunners would break the immersion, diversity & balance.
But somehow magically this doesnt apply to things that germans have better.
All the sudden the diversity is irrelevant when germans have better tank.

it does

Not really, but funny how as above explained, buffing MG42 would break the diversity aka everyone having 100round lmg.
But germany having different tank somehow is too much of diversity.

The doublestandards.

Twice the ammo & capability to skip the long range and move to cqc instantly ?

Its relevant as having slightly worse dispersion at long range with lmg

At what point did I say theyr opinion is irrelevant ?

Yeah, its sht at range ? And yes I think the best way to make it relevant at range where it should be relevant is to increase ammo count.

What for someone else wants more ammo is hes opinion not mine.

CQC ? You may as well give it a 500 round belt and its still sht at cqc.
The higher ammo capacity doesnt magically make it versatile as FG42 / STG or what ever weapon that is by far superior in cqc.

At range ? Conveniently again forgetting you can skip the long range by simply jumping on point with it.
As your screenshots proved it hardly is missing a bullet at 10-50m from dead center.

2 Likes

Except the commander cupola is even smaller than face of turret :sweat_smile:

Ah the butthurtness.
Still remember how flank it, aim for weakspot was relevant and just skill issue when things were
jumbo vs pz4.

3 Likes

you are for buffing what is basically balanced MG to be OP MG which is stupid. it doesnt matter if class is useful or useless, what matters is its performance inside the class.

and no this is not faction specific or class specific. i am against most of the shit decisions. like KT, like m2 carbine, like rd-44, like fedorov, tiger/panther on normandy etc. i have stated numerous times that i would rather historical, but OP stuff not be included if it breaks the balance, than having heavily imbalanced stuff included into the game.

wtf are you talking about. what double standards? you are for buffing already balanced MG to be OP. if only number of bullets matter and no other stats are relevant, why dont you use 100 round DP-27 instead of ppsh41 or fedorov? cause more bullets=better gun?
both 100 round MG42 with current stats and KT are OP for their class and both are bad. there is no double standards there.

which isnt gun performance issue, but soldier class capability, so irrelevant for gun balancing.

so not relevant at all?

your opinion on weapon you dont even use cause it is shit and will not use it even if they buff it for task that almost nobody is using it for. am i right?

exactly. something which was posted numerous times whenever parrot makes topic about german suffers cause 50/75 round MG. MG34/42 gun performance is superior in cqc and medium range to almost any other MG except probably rd-44.

like i said it is paratrooper ability and not gun ability. should we balance all weapons based whether they are equipped on paratroopers or not?

this is only for dispersion. if you include recoil you will get vastly different result and that is why recoil control is important.

How is it suddenly OP mg ? Is Lee enfield OP ba due to having 2x more ammo compared to Kar ?

Riiiight.

Quite sure among historical, realistic and what else the diversity was one of your arguments.
Aka not everyone having the same stuff.

You even play this game ?

Thats the funny part, you might as well give 500 rounds to every LMG for all I care, they dont become better weapons.
Infact its only you arguing more ammo would make LMG magically OP while its techinally same as granting 2 more bullets to KAR98 newsflash it doesnt become OP due to that.

But 100 round lmg on paras is fine ?

Like the historical arguments earlier mentioned ?

So after all KT is fine ? You just chose wrong soldier to fight it, use the plane.
lOgiCk

pretty sure you brought it up

Yes ? Imagine actually being capable to think someone else as well.

And improving its med-long range capability will affect cqc how ?
Its still just as bad in cqc now with just more ammo to be bad.

I think its quite relevant to subject considering no one else uses it but paras.
But if you want to go that way then fine, makes KT quite balanced in my books considering you can select a pilot to deal with it.

And with the recoil we come to conclusion that arguably none LMG is effective full auto on long range but rather burst.

2 Likes

The problem with Jumbo 76w is any german cannon that is not a 88mm kwk 43 or better cant pen it frontally reliably unless you guve APCR for other big cats

And the soviet been dealing with Tiger II P with 85mm and 122mm which has worse AT performance than US 76mm

are you not reading. i have been repeating this at least 3 times.

1. germans only used belt feds in stationary positions in which case it was classified as MMG. if it performed LMG role it used 50 or 75 drums.
  2. is there problem with diversity if it is balanced? i have problem with diversity when it is unbalanced cause asymmetrical balance doesnt work in this game. mg42/34 with 50/75 ammo are balanced with other stuff.

compared to other MG, not OP in general.

so that is why drum ppsh41 is BR5 and box ppsh41 is BR3? cause number of bullets doesnt affect weapon performance? specially on automatic high ROF weapons? like i said it is OP when you compare between other 100 round MG-s.

nope. that is another stupidity devs introduced. paratroopers didnt jump with MG cause of its heaviness. at best they should pick it up from box and then they would have m1919a4 or m1919a6 instead of vickers. not to mention whole pin point precision jump on target.

i am for historical weapons, unless they break the balance.

i will let you realize stupidity of this statement yourself. specially in context of my quote.

nope. you brought sherman speed and KT and dispersion.

?

again read. it has better stats in almost everything compared to other 100 round MG-s.

should we balance all flamethrowers based on paratroopers? shall we balance lanchester based on paratroopers? shall we balance fg42 based on paratroopers? ffs even mg42 is in box for paratroopers.

and this is countering my statement exactly how? i am for balancing weapon based on its merits, not on other class abilities.

and you have lots of long range engagements in this game? most of the engagement is in short or medium range. unless you count vehicles and some misguided zaitsev cosplayer as long range engagements.

1 Like

btw i will just correct myself cause normandy paratroopers are british, in which case they should come equipped with bren LMG.

no, the 7,5cm kwk42/pak42 can do it, it’s the 8,8cm kwk36 that can’t

1 Like

prob not since u aint making much sense

Eh, 2 person operated m1919 with belts and you come up with some history /realism crap ?

So I suppose KT is fine ?
Or some doublestandards yet again ?

Well then definitely better to keep it as useless !

Irony here is that the smg’s actually do perform really well in cqc.
Lmg doesnt, regardless does it have 50, 100, 150, or 500 rounds.
Like tank doesnt become a magical CQC monster even if you grant it 1000 HE shells.

Yeah, I bet those extra bullets would definitely make the dispersion, movement penalty & recoil go away.

makes sense since only thing you face in the game is other LMG’s when you have LMG selected.
Oh wait.

Right.

Bit of cherry picking, different soldier and what ever is fine as long as it fits your narrative.

Right.

And how often these LMG vs LMG games happen ?

If they are overall broken sure.

Which makes sense as LMG vs LMG games are so frequent arent they ?

Why bother when you cant do shit with 50 bullets ?

Even shooting flat on the turret mantle with the KwK 42 somehow bounce, the only place reliably to be take out is the transmission, and the MG port, in this game at least, not sure about WT

You’re so fucking bad at the game, holy shit

1 Like

why…why are you shooting the thickest part of the tank…also with the armor change earlier this year all the panther has to do just point and click center mass

1 Like

Blatant liar :-1:

1 Like

like any other nation LMG?

i seriously dont know what part of unbalanced you dont understand.

and like i said relative performance. MG42 with 100 rounds will perform better than vickers with 100 rounds in cqc.

here we go… you are on to something… maybe you will realize it? what happens when you have 2 same performance weapons and 1 has half the recoil of the other? what weapon is better?

how often does jumbo vs KT, or sherman 76w vs KT happen? i guess KT is perfectly balanced tank cause we have planes. most of the people in US BR5 have stopped bringing tanks unless they have extra slots.

maybe better question is how many maps even allow long range engagement with MG and why shouldnt you use HMG with 2000 bullets instead? most of the engagements with LMG will be on medium and short distances anyways.

Mmm what?

Because somehow I can pen it for some weird 4ss reason? Or is just a bug?