German eagles in uniforms ¿why not?

This is an item sold at ebay for historical reenactments, it is worn outside in the real world. Why wouldn’t it be incuded ingame if many other games did have it along with german helmet decals?

1501146547_sniper_elite_4___german_infantry_by_luxox18-dbhtg2v

Extra suggestion:

22 Likes

germans in enlisted do have eagles on the flight suit too :confused:

which it is a censored version:

but not on default uniforms… weird.

small correction, the shield decal on army is not technically historical. it was used during the 30s, but removed onwards.

so no units in combat had this decal.

the reason why i showed it, was just a concept of example. ( and… the only helmet i could find in less than 3 minutes with no funny windmils and stuff )
(… and when i did the chart, i didn’t know it was faded out and replaced during the war xd )

i mean, we could still get it, because most game do, but… up to devs really.

we even had rank on the shoulder… ( back in the alpha )

3 Likes

It’s probably a good thing we don’t have any decals on these helmets.
I can see how DF would add the reindeer or pony decal options.

2 Likes

well… no.

helmet decals would be just like dedicated selection of decals only for tanks, or only for airplane.
with their own decals not from just mentioned sections.

so you wouldn’t be able to place a giant decal and make your helmet look blue / white / spastic and what have you.

the idea was to have prefixed decals that you can’t touch. you can only decide which one to apply and the game should automatically give you in the correct place the decals.

more context
1 Like

That’s not what I have meant.

I didn’t think you could put the existing decals from the vehicles on helmets.
But since they already released a lot of sus decals options for vehicles. I wouldn’t be surprised if in some event you could get the chance to obtain an animal decals for helmet.

no i get that.

but it was more in line with for example, the US tanker uniform with patch on the shoulder or patches on uniforms that were seen in normandy CBT:

you can’t modify them as they are in a fixed position, but you can choose which one to apply.

1 Like

Well, I never mentioned anything about that they shouldn’t have a fixed place.

i just explained you how this:

wouldn’t technically happen

( i mean… never say never )

but to the very leas, not on a vaste scale.

i just want me some decals already…

I don’t understand. What’s to stop them from issuing event-limited decals?

I doubt the decals would be based on what squad the soldiers are in. That could never work just because certain squads don’t figure in certain campaigns. Plus, post merge players would be incredibly limited in that part. Plus, the monetization potential would be heavily reduced.
It would be bizarre.

It would be much better if one could choose which squad they want to visually represent.
(It works like that with Volksturms in Berlin already. Non volkssturm squad is wearing volkssturm outfits in Berlin because it is suitable and more appropriate for the campaign)

well, usually that takes the spot to vehicle decals.

because there are many more compared to helmet decals.

of course, i could be wrong just as much as you.
we can’t predict the future. only assumptions.

but still, there’s a good chance of those being only for vehicles just like wt.

that’s the point, you can make it like the hell you want.

so perhaps even rangers in the pacific. of not. i mean, nothing that a restriction wouldn’t solve.

well… no if they can just buy it in the customization.

like… everyone else?

no if we consider how you still can’t get many things unless paying.

you can get the customization somewhat “” free “” already.

not opposed to this, but would lead to many issues.

such as seeing for example, luftwaffe units in moscow?

or whatever.
personally i don’t care as much as you don’t, but… you know.

a c h t u a l l y :nerd_face:

there’s a bug that allows you to run with volkssturm uniforms ( even on non premium ) units.

so you can technically always run with these depite the wrong campaign.

similar to winter uniforms in berlin.

1 Like

Obv, certain customization options should be locked only to specific campaigns.
Exactly like it is with outfit presets now.

This is why vehicle customization sucks so much atm. It doesn’t have campaign presets. Meaning camos/dacals can be used in any campaign.

1 Like

love me using tan panzer F2 across moscow and normandy ehi?

well… let’s hope in the new update or generally before steam we’ll be able to select camo for prem tanks, and generally all tanks depending on a campaign system…

1 Like

I’m interested to see what they plan to do with the concept GO skins on vehicles.

Since they aren’t locked to the campaigns anymore. It seems to me that the concept is doomed to be worthless.
What’s the point of having, say, a marine camo if you end up in Europe most of the time?

That’s another thing I hope they will somehow address and rework.

I think it would be best if they made campaign presets for vehicles and made GO vehicles really just skins that can’t be used without a base vehicle.

what do you mean by that.

personally though, i rather that gold order vehicles are either a modification, or some actual new vehicle similar to events one but that aren’t op.

for example, an sdkfz 250, kettenkrads or an sdkfz 251/22… captured vehicle, etc. or even same vehicle with just better shells.

something actually unique.

but that could slow the rate of vehicle coming.

Yes, that would be even better.

It doesn’t matter. We should not derail this topic any further. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

i knew it i was right, but its so long ago.
Devs do something about that !

Didn’t the devs say the servers/engine were having problems with it? At least I remember something like that.

Sooo…

i would rather play 8 vs 8 before i play without decals, i guess its the Devs biggest mistake they should rework.

1 Like

How is it that decals werent at war? actually got some models from 1941 and Osprey references with pictures that show Decaled helmets on many fronts… what do you mean? also the SS used to have the decal. It used to fade with use, in some pics you can see
5c71b7f0b632987d9a8e5630fe286272

515ace6f84d27b66c3300fd9f475e55c

s-l1600

Ref: WW2 WWII Photo German Soldier Russian Front Chowtime 1944 World War Two 2722 | eBay

German soldiers wwii hi-res stock photography and images - Alamy

by the way, Helmet customization in the form of adding googles to bikes or regular hats/helms in Tunsia would be also very nice. or vegetation even