Georgy Shpagin’s birthday

On April 29, 1897, Georgy Semyonovich Shpagin was born, a famous Soviet weapons designer.

Throughout his career, he worked alongside many famous Soviet weapons designers such as Kalashnikov, Degtyaryov, Fyodorov and Tokarev. He also worked on some weapons with them. For example, the DShK heavy machine gun, which remains in service to this day.

But Shpagin’s real fame came with the submachine gun of his design - the iconic PPSh, the most mass-produced submachine gun of the Red Army. By the end of the war, more than 6 million had been produced! Its reliability, simplicity and extensive use made the PPSh one of the symbols of the USSR in World War II.

From April 24th (13:00 UTC) to April 30th (13:00 UTC), you can get rewards for completing tasks.

For completing 6 out of the 9 tasks, you will receive one collectible melee weapon for any army of your choice, and for 8 completed tasks, a portrait.

TASKS

Stage 1:

• Kill 40 enemies using a submachine gun.
  • Kill 60 enemies.
  • Complete 4 battles.

Stage 2:

• Kill 60 enemies using a submachine gun.
  • Kill 6 enemies using a melee weapon.
  • Complete 6 battles.

Stage 3:

• Kill 120 enemies.
  • Your rally points were used 30 times (including APCs).
  • Kill 60 enemies using a submachine gun.

TERMS

• The tasks can be completed in the Squads mode.
  • The list of tasks is updated every two days at 13:00 UTC.
  • Tasks can be completed simultaneously.
  • Uncollected rewards will disappear when the tasks change.
  • From April 30th to May 2nd (13:00 UTC), after the end of the event, you will have the opportunity to purchase any missing rewards.
24 Likes

dam and i was missing a russian sword too good timing

Is the prize a saber, rather than getting a gun made by Shpagin?

Okay…

27 Likes

Maybe next time you will give some of PPSh? Even common one but full upgraded…
(Or drum PPSh with old characteristics like 2.8 secs reload and better accuracy)

8 Likes

Would be the perfect opertunity to hand out special PPSH like the one that fits MP40 mags.

But sabers do too I guess

5 Likes

Well, this event may be something you can relax and play because there is no incentive to participate.
We will enjoy customization orders and silver.

1 Like

Nice, more of appearance orders. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

7 Likes

meh

2 Likes

Nice! Also @_Movmav when can we expect some sneak peak about the new weapons and vehicles coming to the next BP? And lest I forget when can we expect the next marathon?

2 Likes

Guys, what’s wrong with his left eye?
You’re not hiding the fact that you’re using AI for art now?

okay i found reference but thats strange
He doesn’t have an eye injury or anything like that

1 Like

This art is not AI art.
This Spagin just wonders why the anniversary prize for the best firearms designer is a “sword”.

“Why Darkflow, why?”

12 Likes

Camouflage technology of lizardman race wasn’t that advanced at the time. So as you can see, there were some glitches.

Zuckerberg eventually perfected it.

2 Likes

mov man about to say something

It may not be eye injury, but some unicness of his facial expressions.

6 Likes

New guns for next BP will be machineguns, mainly for low BR.
No more new gold order Ha-Go for Japan.
Further details are coming soon :slight_smile:

24 Likes

1587855128e4889b537217659132
Wow! I can’t wait to see what guns are coming!
If you get a chance, could you re-release the M2A1 carbine?

5 Likes

mainly for low br huh? then that mean there will be one on br3 wonder what is is tbh

I hope no more recycling of already existing decals for GO skins as well.

For example GO IS-1 is shameless insult to the players.

1 Like

that is understandable tbh but as f2p (mostly anyway) i would say worth it (since i havent got IS1 yet)

That is awesome, exactly what I wanted and finally guns that are not reskinned SMGs!