Flaming rain

Hey how about we replace the A5M fighter, which is useless, with the Oscar, the Japanese Army Air Corps.

Like it or not, be prepared to have your squads roasted, literally speaking.

2 Likes

Hello, this is thoroughly mistaken:

250kg incendiary Type 2 No. 25 Mk. 3 Model 1 page 1

Not only did Japan employ typical incendiary bombs, they also had clustered airburst varieties for anti-air usage. Incendiaries were no stranger to the Japanese aerial arsenal.

For what itā€™s worth, the bigger worry is less Japanā€™s access to incendiary weapons, and more the nature of their bombs being maybe a bit more dangerous than a fuel bomb.

5 Likes

Good, finally a bomb that really impact the gameplay.
I love this news.

1 Like

I think they also had daisy cutter bombs (according to a book on UDTS i read so donā€™t take me too seriously, they might have been contact bombs)

I pulled the images off of a 1944 US wartime bomb disposal handbook so there are likely multiple omissions and misdesignations (60kg oil bomb?). Still, even with that, the fact that they encountered all these varieties of bombs in the field indicates Japan was hardly a stranger to the employ of incendiary ordnance.

1 Like

I donā€™t doubt that, Japan when it had some free time and a ton of resources could make some scary stuff.

Japan had a habit of introducing explosives and incendiaries to maybe a few more things than typically expected, such as their explosive machine gun ammunition for anything between 7.7mm-13.2mmā€¦

1 Like

more bang for your buck.

1 Like

Copy & Pasted from War Thunder TM

Yup i already do thisā€¦get the altitude advantageā€¦hit them repeatedly just after take off outside AA rangeā€¦except i do it in wildcat not zero :stuck_out_tongue:

No CAS for opposite team

On a side note, I hope we see rockets added to Japanese aircraft sooner rather than later, as HVARs with no response from the other side is a bit inequitable, and Japan did have a multitude of rocket options up to and including a 315kg rocket propelled bomb.

3 Likes

My first reaction was paratroop tanksā€¦ā€¦

mehā€¦

Unnecessary,
Deserter creating,
P2W,
Troll weapon,
Toxic,
Nerf bait.

No Thanks

4 Likes

I feel like sure you could add drop tanks, but why? donā€™t see reason here in Enlisted, not near enough big matches, nor last that long. the use of drop tanks being experimentally, and only few did it, and not the intended way of action, makes it kinda what? to add.
It isnā€™t something that should be added really, there are other bombs and rockets and such to add,
more fun would be to add the ability to outkit the planes with different loadouts of rockets and bombs, ofc loadouts that were historically used.
that way we have little bit more options and fun, coosing between groundpounding and going more fighter, or aswell tank hunting or infantry.

What Iā€™d most like to see is the dumb magic reload point removed and airfields introduced for reload and repair.
Airfields is where you should be able to reload and repair, just like the carriers, this magical spot in the air is ridiculous and takes away all immersion, also stresses the gamepace and I mean cmon, you can constantly just bomb, repeat bomb, 1 skilled guy can silence all enemy team if heā€™s good.
having to go land at an airfield would increase immersion and cause some more time between reloads, increasing time between enemy team on ground getting absolutely nuked and their gaming experience reduced to ash, also at the airfield being able to select loadout for bombs when you reload would be nice, you start maybe full bombs, realize enemy fighters up, you go reload jsut MGs and cannons, no bombs, go hunt that plane and then go for some rockets and bombs and kepp doing CAS. way more fun and changing the pace, and feel like your actually being out on air missions, not just circle back and forth that magical point.
I usually get so bored doing that, feels so unrealistic, boring and unrealistic that takes away all immersion.

What would be fantstic with an airfield is to have the option to also being able to repair, so you wonā€™t have to fly around limping with a half wing, engine barely managing, smoke trailing you making spotting you no problem enemy fighters. Itā€™s stupid not being able to repair.
Worst is when some half decent fly guy use attacker, get damaged, flying slow asf and therefore making team miss out on vital CAS.

Airfield be repair and reload point, done
nothing to think about make it happen
make the game more intuitive and realistic and fun

One more thing is the option to have the ability to kinda return to base. instead of suicideā€¦ like cmon, shouldnā€™t really even be a option in game, no soldiers should be allowed to suicide, die fighting you coward.
I get for a bug/glitch get unstuck button sure.
but then air, having the ability to press, return to base and kinda you know, your pilots turn the plane around and return to base, and you choose another squad to spawn, that would be amazing option.
Instead of having to manually suicide 3 guys in a row, takeing way too much fun and also ruining completely all immersion.

Usually for me (uinless skilled opponents) I use attacker, make bomb run, take out half enemy team, return to magical point reload make exactly same pass again bomb rest of them, repeat repeat repeatā€¦ get bored asf, want to spawn one my infantry squads instead, cause they need xp, having to manually suicide all poor guys in the plane one after one, and it is cumbersome to do, itā€™s dumb, itā€™s unrealistic, and also really suicide?
Return to Base ability, done

2 Likes

What nomenclature system is DF using for the USA naval planes. Iā€™ve never seen it before and it is confusing me.

The ā€œWe donā€™t want to pay the copyright fee to Northrop Grummanā€ nomenclature.

1 Like

I donā€™t know why there is so much negativity in this thread about this new mechanic.

• This will be in Pacific only for starters, which will let it be tested and check if we will really like it or not without influencing all campaigns at once
  • There are already powerful area denial premiums in the game - the flamethrower tanks in Stalingrad. Iā€™ve grinded there to level 26 (thatā€™s a lot of battles) and I didnā€™t see them particularly abused, they are not overpowered or anything - you can destroy them like everything else and they donā€™t come back for a while, itā€™s just another interesting mechanic, nothing to moan about
  • both sides of the Pacific campaign have anti-air vehicles as first ground vehicles available but are mostly used as infantry mowers so when the incendiary planes come to the game, the AA vehicles will have more work in the air and this will limit the power of additional planes pretty well

Overally, Iā€™m excited to see the introduction of this mechanic.

5 Likes

Please make sure this will eliminate the foliage effectively, not just change the texture of leaves to black but eliminate the leaves on the bushes and trees effectively - and other materials, like fabric on the trucks. I would be particularly happy if this could burn down the leaves of the palm trees - these leaves influence the Pacific battles quite a lot, they hide enemy soldiers when aiming from a higher level.

3 Likes