Flaming rain

That’s not even a worry, that’s a perfectly plausible forecast based on previous history.

9 Likes

Now that we have horrible toys coming in the future when are we likely to see aa guns be fixed

2 Likes

I mean, regardless of my personal opinion, it is quite evident that both CAS and area denial weapons are very controversial subjects among the playerbase.

And now you’re adding what is quite possibly going to become the most hated weapon in the game.

It’s obvious it’s going to be nerfed in a matter of days.

8 Likes

Great, finally some new game mechanic.

obrazek

2 Likes

To get nerfed into the ground because of the power

2 Likes

Just bring WT’s bomb/shell load out selection to Enlisted.
What’s wrong with you?
Let us to choose whether we want to use that or not.
Having to buy 2 dedicated planes just for this? Why not update this feature together with those regular planes? What if you greatly nerfed it later.
Still update new content by events? What about new players in the future? They wont have a chance of get any of this?
And your main way of attraction–the progression system have been left abandoned for almost a year?

BTW, if everyone has some basic knowledge of aviation. Fuel tanks are designed to be as less chance to be ignited as possible. Filling with inert gas & making retractable inner layer to prevent oil gas build up. All kinds of things to prevent even if the plane do fly into terrain, but fuel still somewhat not leading to catastrophe.

16 Likes

Selling area of effect / explosive spam / click-and-forget mechanics for real money, while F2P players will maybe one day get a chance to unlock the same in the progression?

Genius game development.

18 Likes

Yes they did - they even dropped some on continental USA -

1 Like

Better get in to use it quick then! :slight_smile:

I am still waiting for gun convergence for aircrafts, just like it is from the beginning in War Thunder, then why it’s not implemented here yet.

Aiming dead center with your sight in Beaufighter using only machineguns that are wide on the wings you can miss a tank (just as example), that is why we need gun convergence.

3 Likes

Without proper rules and restrictions, they can be toxic.

Suicide planes don’t exist that often in the real world.

From another perspective. This fundamentally limits you from adding richer game content like this due to the lack of rules and restrictions

8 Likes

Imaging making a campaign called Pacific War which allows to use basically whatever you want and already do with Jap protos and main isle stuff and the M2 and now you suddenly play the “historical accurcay” card and dubious 90’s movies physic to somehow get a napalm bomb though “fire bombs” were already used in Europe when the Germans invaded Poland.

Ironic

6 Likes

I’m going to add it to one of the gold order stukas

1 Like

That would mean we get them for free AND custom vehicle loadouts.

Everyone’s said what’s needed to be said, but I find it funny that for the US plane you’ve got the correct Japanese kill markers but we still can’t place them ourselves in customize; only team kill victories :skull_and_crossbones:

4 Likes

Underrated comment

3 Likes

another devblog for premiums?.

oh boy. feels like burning sky update all over again

14 Likes

On a semi related note I have suggested Incendiary Bombing Runs as a Radio call-in before

And maybe in the future we’ll get playable planes with actual incendiary bombs

The problem is some people have the mentality “Y U kill me!?! U no kill me! I kill U! gAmE bRoKeN”. I’ve never been the kind of player who gets upset just because I get killed by something. I have literally seen tanks quit the match after getting destroyed.

Anyway, I have no problem with CAS aircraft. In fact I’ve been waiting for them to add bombers and ground attack aircraft for the Pacific

The devs should not listen to such players or restrict content, just because they got salty it killed them sometimes

I personaly didn’t enjoy flamethrowers untill recent change so a user don’t catch fire in milliseconds.

But besides that I agree with you.