Fixing useless tank machine guns

Some tanks are equipped with machines guns that are only here for the looks and can’t be interacted with. Here are some examples:

It would be nice to make them functional and for the guns aiming backwards they could function like the Ha-Go machine gunner or planes tail gunner.

17 Likes

AI-controlled gunner automatically shoots like the LVT premium APC and player could swap to use it as well, if this applies to hull MG too would be awesome.

6 Likes

What do you mean by that? That you could switch into that position?

1 Like

I don’t think tank need such buff. It will just make it harder to counter.

yeah just like you can switch to commander or driver view except you would have control of the machine gun in the back

that would be to op and it would also makes the tnt useless

I wish I could use the double bow MGs on the Italian Medium tanks.

While they’re at it maybe they can also fix the reload times on Italian tank machine guns.

6 Likes

As for the Japanese turret MGs im pretty sure these are supposed to be used by the gunner to deal with infantry, so you would have to switch the gunner from the gun to the machinegun if this was to be implemented accurately. I would welcome this, although having to slowly traverse the turret to use the machine gun would probaly give enemy troops enough time to find cover or close the distance an throw an explosion pack on you.

I guess an AI machine gun with a limited firing angle poses no threat

I hate that the machine gun has higher priority than the loader

2 Likes

it would make it pretty difficult to sneak around the tank

1 Like

Machine guns usually only exist on the front of the body and the turret
The machine gun behind the turret is usually used by the gunner or commander
This means that the problem of the turret machine gun automatically attacking the player will not occur.
Even if the machine gun on the hull is used, the shooting angle is very small, and the AI ​​usually has poor enemy tracking capabilities.
so
Even if there is a hull machine gun, it will not have any obvious impact on the attacker.
Unless a monkey walks towards the machine gun on its own

1 Like

i mean…

japanese tanks have such bow machineguns, why can’t other tanks get them too?

Tommy managed to partially make them work in his BA mod.

2 Likes

Then why wanting AI to operate machine guns

1 Like

By the way I was thinking about making the hull mg operable in commander view and/or in machinegunner view.

1 Like

I meant Hull mounted forward facing mg

1 Like

I like this idea; but it requires the grey-zone camping tank problem to be solved before it can be implemented.

Because they spent all their power on them initially.
And they are either too lazy to do the rest of the tanks, or it is too long and difficult, and perhaps they do not know which ones to start with, so as not to offend anyone, so they do not touch it at all.

1 Like

He’s very cool
And when I push forward, I can save the main gun and machine gun to deal with enemies farther away.

it would be the perfect game to use the back-MGs. player would have to switch view with gunner /commander to use it. i think almost all of the time the player won’t have awareness to use it against an enemy planting TNT on the engine, but it would be an option.
concerning assistant driver MG, seems it is a design choice not to have it, i’m neutral towards it. I just think ha-go gunner/commander should be able to control the hull mg.